• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bakeru is Getting English Version

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Steam page is up! There's more info there.

About This Game​

Disaster strikes Japan!
Oracle Saitaro and his Festival Troops are using a bizarre festival to take over Japan. Bakeru travels to 47 Japanese prefectures to free Japan from the grip of evil spirits!

Spectacular action set in fairy tale Japan!
Bakeru takes place in "Fairy Tale Japan," a mix of modern Japan and old period dramas, which is divided into more than 50 stages.

Battle on with Bakeru's drum!
A secret treasure passed down by Tanuki Clan. It is said to be able to purify evil spirits. Fight through enemies and traps with simple controls!

Transform into fairy tale heroes!
By obtaining a Henge License, Bakeru can transform into whoever gave him the license. Transform into famous Japanese heroes like Kintaro and Momotaro to use their skills and abilities.

Additional features have been added to the Steam release
・New Attack: Hurricane
・New Attack: Spinning Top
・New Attack: Hurricane + Spinning Top Combo
・Additional Enemy: Lantern Boss

■About the gameplay
・Play as Bakeru and use your "Henge" powers of transformation to overcome stage obstacles and enemies.
・Features over 47 stages based on the prefectures of Japan, each with their own unique motifs.
・Includes variant stages where you transform into a vehicle and race off or take to the skies for air combat!

NanaMiku

Steam page is up! There's more info there.

About This Game​

Disaster strikes Japan!
Oracle Saitaro and his Festival Troops are using a bizarre festival to take over Japan. Bakeru travels to 47 Japanese prefectures to free Japan from the grip of evil spirits!

Spectacular action set in fairy tale Japan!
Bakeru takes place in "Fairy Tale Japan," a mix of modern Japan and old period dramas, which is divided into more than 50 stages.

Battle on with Bakeru's drum!
A secret treasure passed down by Tanuki Clan. It is said to be able to purify evil spirits. Fight through enemies and traps with simple controls!

Transform into fairy tale heroes!
By obtaining a Henge License, Bakeru can transform into whoever gave him the license. Transform into famous Japanese heroes like Kintaro and Momotaro to use their skills and abilities.

Additional features have been added to the Steam release
・New Attack: Hurricane
・New Attack: Spinning Top
・New Attack: Hurricane + Spinning Top Combo
・Additional Enemy: Lantern Boss

■About the gameplay
・Play as Bakeru and use your "Henge" powers of transformation to overcome stage obstacles and enemies.
・Features over 47 stages based on the prefectures of Japan, each with their own unique motifs.
・Includes variant stages where you transform into a vehicle and race off or take to the skies for air combat!
Nice steam too

Isa

Day 1!
I was tempted to import it, glad I held off lol.

I found out about it thanks to Jimmy. My sister and I loved playing through Goemon back in the day with emulation, it'd be great to throw them some real money this time.

Great news! Love the Goemon games and this one looks like a tom of fun too.

I guess it's still a Switch exclusive?
I loved Goemon. I played the Mystical Ninja one on N64 and have fond memories of it with a friend. The music was so catchy. Especially the music where you get inside a giant robot. Damn i love that song. I spent hours trying to beat that game. It was difficult for kid me.

Definitely going to get this as its a spiritual successor.

Konami needs to release Goemon on modern platforms. A remaster.

IAmRei

I'm waiting for the eng vers for this game, and about to buy jap because its too long to wait (⁠。⁠ŏ⁠﹏⁠ŏ⁠) nearly desperate ...

im glad the translation is considered by the dev.

Im also fan of goemon btw, yesterday i watch this game longplay, and really really want to explore the beautiful environment <3 and wackiness of the goemon spiritual successor <3

Impotaku

Will be curious to find out if the extra bonus levels from corocoro comics make it over too as well as the 10 corocoro masks, not sure how the licensing would work as corocoro is not a thing outside Japan.

NanaMiku

Will be curious to find out if the extra bonus levels from corocoro comics make it over too as well as the 10 corocoro masks, not sure how the licensing would work as corocoro is not a thing outside Japan.
Hopefully we got it. But they added new moves for the EN version. Maybe this is to compensate for the missing levels?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Just a heads up, this came out earlier this week.

Anybody playing it? I might grab it a bit later on, got too much on my plate right now.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Played the demo when it came out. It was perfectly fine, but didn't grab my attention enough to warrant a purchase. I think the target audience for this is kids.

Top Bottom