• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baten Kaitos 1&2 Remaster have stealth dropped on Steam

GHG

Didn't this have some issues in terms of "modernisation"?

At least that's what I remember from around the time of the switch launch which I'd whyi didn't buy it for the switch.

Will wishlist and see if any community mods pop up that rectify things.

RobRSG

I hated these ports so much on the Switch, I sincerely hope these guys fix the game I loved so much for GameCube.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Does this use AI-Upscaling? These games have pre-rendered backgrounds IIRC.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Wouldn’t be surprised if we saw this during tomorrow’s Nintendo Direct.

Reactions: Isa

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
they already released on Switch back in September so I’d be very surprised if there was something at the Direct tomorrow
Oh lol shows how much I know

>Nintendo's never gonna acknowledge Steam ports :p

No, I’m just dumb lol

Last edited:

darrylgorn

It really is turning into the place to be for all the Japanese games. Kinda crazy.

PC is the place for

Angry Gary Oldman GIF

Sleepwalker

What’s wrong with the ports? Reviews were fairly positive.
Something something some joke about women was removed. It was a fairly tame joke but also not really a huge deal (its from some item description iirc a book)

Thats what I remember anyway could be more.

RobRSG

What’s wrong with the ports? Reviews were fairly positive.
Bad performance, stuttery vertical and horizontal camera movement, horrid looking remade character models, japanese VA only, wrong combo timings, gameplay bugs where diagonals did not register at launch - so you cannot battle properly. This is just to name a few.

A very low effort port - It gives you the feeling of a rushed mobile game.

If you really care about these games, play the originals on a GC or emulate in Dolphin

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Bad performance, stuttery vertjcal and horizontal camera movement, horrid looking remade character models, japanese VA only, wrong combo timings, gameplay bugs where diagonals did not register at launch - so you cannot battle properly. This is just to name a few.

A very low effort port - It gives you the feeling of a rushed mobile game.

If you really care about these games, play the originals on a GC or emulate in Dolphin
Well, damn, that’s pretty horrid. Doubt Steam release would be better with anything other than performance.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
This collection is on sale on Steam atm for $34.99. Anyone know if they fixed the issues or is it worth getting the remaster?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I went ahead and got it on cdkeys shortly after posting that. I got it for Steam Deck and any QoL features are a plus. What’s interesting is how there’s an achievement for starting the game. It made me laugh.
IMG-0964.jpg

Top Bottom