• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Begins BATMOBILE caught cruising the streets of Chicago! Footage inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willco

Hollywood Square
From AICN...

BATMOBILE lost a wheel and Robin Lays an Egg!

Hey folks, Harry here with something cool! The following footage showed up on SuperHeroHype.Com's Batman Boards, but I figured given its nature we should mirror it in an easy to find location. The footage is, somehow, the best footage seen from BATMAN BEGINS... this is odd cuz it was shot by Geeks on the streets of Chicago with, most likely, a cheap camcorder... and not Gigantic $100,000 Dollar Panavision Super Machines like the crappy trailer they put out was shot with. Maybe, it's the geek commentary tracks on this footage, but somehow, this is the single most exciting and cool thing I've seen regarding this new Batman film. I'm hoping, like the rest of us that Nolan knocks it out of the park... but to me, it all looks, visually, flat.... until the geek camcorder footage, that is. Check it out! Tres Cool!

Check out the AICN Mirror of SuperHeroHype's Batmobile Footage!

That is pretty cool. Wish I was there!

EDIT: The one thing I wish is that Harry Knowles would shut the fuck up. He's bitching about a movie based on a teaser trailer that is less than 60 seconds and shows two quick flashes of Batman. What a fucking baby.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Willco said:
From AICN...

That is pretty cool. Wish I was there!

EDIT: The one thing I wish is that Harry Knowles would shut the fuck up. He's bitching about a movie based on a teaser trailer that is less than 60 seconds and shows two quick flashes of Batman. What a fucking baby.

If Knowles would just hunt down and read the script he'd have nothing to bitch about.

Where are they shooting? I live in Chicago. I think I might have seen some of the shooting cause they had some streets blocked off and a bunch of light trucks.

Hmm, I reckon that actually looks pretty good. Before this video it looked kind of shite to me but it seemed to work in that vid.

Willco

Hollywood Square
JackFrost2012 said:
Yo, Willco, there's a line here, and you're cutting.

What? I said fuck. Big deal. You gonna cry for Knowles now?

BigGreenMat said:
Where are they shooting? I live in Chicago. I think I might have seen some of the shooting cause they had some streets blocked off and a bunch of light trucks.

Here's a set report from someone seeing stuff in Chicago. From multiple reports, it sounds like they're filming a good deal of stuff on the Lower Wacker, whatever that is...

Walking down Franklin st. in downtown Chicago last night Sunday, I was able to get some awesome glimpses of filming for the new Batman movie right around the Sears tower near Franklin and Munroe in the wee hours of the morn. I had bumped into the filming accidentally originally after catching some glances of actors trailers parked along Frankling st. After being shuffled around by men in white shirts and power trips, I'd found a prime spot even better then the one I'd been previously moved from. I found myself standing on a corner with a Gotham City squad parked as if blocking the street. All of a sudden I heard "Action" over a walkie talkie and about a block south from where I was standing all of these cars, modern looking cars, come speeding from around a corner, intermixing with Gotham police coming from the other direction. Following all of these cars... none other than the Batmobile itself, coming roaring around the corner loud as heck. It had four bright lights on it that actually looked pretty menacing coming at me down the street. Cars being followed by the B-mobile had to pull to the side of the street. Then the black beauty pulled up right in front of me coming to a screeching halt just a few feet from the Gotham squad parked blocking the street. The Bat mobile sat there for a minute or two after the first run, and after seeing it, i have lost all doubts about this movie. It was actually rather small it seemed, flat black all over with really dark tinted windows, gull wing doors and the tires are HUGE. It was maybe nine feet long, and about five, six feet tall at best. Still really spectacular looking, like a stealth HUM VEE, and did I mention loud. They did this same run about three more times before a lighting crew pushed us back a little, but I still had a good view. I was amazed at how it was actually pretty quiet around the shoot, not a lot of gawkers, just me and a film crew. One of the lighting guys said that he's seen the principle actors walking around, but they're doing primarily driving shots throughout the city and will be here through sometime around the 22nd. Also that on the Lower Wacker drive shots, there was actually the flipping of cars going on. That's cool. Wish I had some cool pictures but I was caught off guard, but if you check the street under the "EL" tracks on Munroe, you can see some pretty awsome batmobile skidmarks.

I hear they're shooting near the El train or something now. SHH! has some pics up and I'm going to host 'em soon. Hold on.

Willco

Hollywood Square
All from SHH! scoopers...

bbsetaug3setup1.jpg

bbsetaug3setup2.jpg

bbsetaug3setup3.jpg

bbsetaug3filming1.jpg

bbsetaug3filming2.jpg

bbsetaug3filming3.jpg

bbsetaug3filming4.jpg

bbsetaug3filming5.jpg

bbsetaug3filming6.jpg

Shogmaster said:
Doofy, he's saying "get in line".

Ah. Sorry. It's still pretty fucking early for me here.

Alright I did run across the production then. I saw the actors trailers and things too. Came home from Union Station on Sunday and saw all those trucks and stuff.

That video was pretty f*ckin' sweet. It gives you a good idea of the Batmobile's scale compared to other vehicles, something previous shots have been lacking.

Guzim

Thank God I saw that because I thought the Batmobile was going to be the only bad thing about that movie. Glad I was wrong :)

ManaByte said:
If Knowles would just hunt down and read the script he'd have nothing to bitch about.

well, there are a few good scripts that I've read that turned into crap movies, Star Wars 1 being one of them. Good script + wooden acting = crap movie.

bune duggy said:
well, there are a few good scripts that I've read that turned into crap movies, Star Wars 1 being one of them. Good script + wooden acting = crap movie.

Cummon, that was directed by Lucas, not Nolan

Timbuktu

bune duggy said:

Looking at the cast, wooden acting is the last thing I expect.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Shogmaster said:
Doofy, he's saying "get in line".

Er, yeah, trust me, there's no love lost between me and AICN. My brother's a film major living in Austin so I get all sorts of first-hand reports about Harry's movie-going shenanigans - not that my brother likes him, either, he's just an unavoidable force of nature, like lunar tides. The point is: I've been thinking Harry is a doofball since 1998 or so and you need to respect your disrespecting elders!

Shinobi

lol.gif

The cornering ability for that vechile is mighty impressive...must've taken it at close to 50mph without breaking a sweat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom