• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2 screens!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
hmmm, could be the dull environment, but it doesnt seem to look anywhere near as good as that first trailer they showed quite some time back...

It definetly doesn't look as good.

And I can't get excited because of EA's history here. I keep seeing Apache's in those photos. The Apache is death in the air, but it's fricking useless in the real world (Unless flying with complete superiority and at night). Wanna bet the f*cker will be able to take a bunch of missle hits in this game? And if so, I demand an Iraqi farmer class that gives me the light arms that downed a couple Apache's in the last war and effectively grounded them.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
pestul said:
Definately a degredation in quality of Half-Life 2 proportions (although it fixed itself later). :(

What makes you think HL2 was even downgraded? The fact that some of the shots were lacking anti-aliasing?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Slo said:
I think you guys are smoking the crack rock.

I dunno, it looks a bit different...

920407_20040505_screen003.jpg

920407_20040811_screen003.jpg

920407_20041012_screen003.jpg

920407_20041012_screen001.jpg

Might just be the environment or something.

Slo

Those shots are in an urban environment, the new ones are out in the open. Does Basara look as good as the Docks in DC?

Worse part is you know it's going to be poorly optimized. I predict it will run 3.48 times worse than Doom3, while looking 2.81 times worse than Doom3.

Slo

Sal Paradise Jr said:
Worse part is you know it's going to be poorly optimized. I predict it will run 3.48 times worse than Doom3, while looking 2.81 times worse than Doom3.

And be 6.93 times more fun.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
There definitely is a degredation in terms of quality but the comparison is a bit unfair considering the change of enviroment (open versus urban) and the lighting as well (less light therefore less dramatic). Model and texture detail definitely seems to be rather close. Also these are shots and not a press kit video, of course they are going to be less dramatic since there wasn't a team working around the clock making sure their engine looks amazing to the public.

The important part is that they haven't changed anything from the initial specs they claimed this game will have.

shpankey

not an idiot
op_ivy said:
hmmm, could be the dull environment, but it doesnt seem to look anywhere near as good as that first trailer they showed quite some time back...

completely agree, this game has taken a major hit in the graphics, this isn't even impressive anymore.

Jeez. I wasn't paying attention before, but the crappy draw distance (fog) is back in force with that second comparison shot.

Top Bottom