• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 update + M26 Fix finally arrives on June 4-5, about damn time!

Why the fuck would you want to play this game with a 360 controller?
The only reason i use one is for flying jets.
You don't bring a knife to a gunfight so why would you bring a controller into KB+M land???

it's PC gaming.

asking why is so console of you.

you should be asking why not?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I hope they fixed the performance problem on PC. Ever since B2K came out I went from near 60fps at 1080p maxed out to 15fps on lowest settings at 720p.

Approve. DICE, thank you. Still the only game I'm playing.

> Fixed an issue where footsteps couldn’t be heard behind you.

NicholsonNod.gif

RiverBed

Banned
I have too issues with BF3 (PS3): one huge and one minor:

Huge: The game freezes/crashes WAY too frequently. I am worried my PS3 will be damaged as the console gives me a warning sign when I reboot it telling me to shut down the system properly. But even the PS button doesn't work when it freezes.

Minor: Why not put the letters of objectives/flags on the map (both the mini map and the overall map when hitting select/start)? I see a flag blinking and I don't know which letter it is. I have to do a 360 scan to see it blinking.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Spawn Beacon's now spawn you in the direction it was laid = HankHillSmokingACigarette.gif

SOGOOD.gif

All those gifs. Best fix in the patch. Now I know how I'll (AND my teammates!) will spawn.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
> Increased the range on the AA guns so they can reach vehicles hovering at the maximum height in select maps.
> Fixed bug where you couldn’t deploy the mortar anywhere on Grand Bazaar.
> When changing the accessories of a weapon in the Customize screen, the weapon previously selected in the Deploy screen will now automatically be selected when entering the Accessories screen.
> Players will now spawn on the Radio Beacon looking in the same direction the Beacon is facing. The Beacon always faces in the direction the player is facing when it is planted. Previously the Beacon’s direction had no impact on the player’s spawn direction.
> Tweaked the flashlight so it is less blinding at the edge of the screen.
> Fixed bug where you couldn’t pick up your deployed gadgets after being revived.
> Fixed so the weapon’s fire mode is saved between spawns.
> Potential random audio crash fix.
Great patch for me.

Oh and a new patch... you know what it means? Close Quarter is close to release!

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Why the fuck would you want to play this game with a 360 controller?
The only reason i use one is for flying jets.
You don't bring a knife to a gunfight so why would you bring a controller into KB+M land???

When I play on my monitor I use my 518 and KB...

However when I play out on my 55' D8000 in my living room, I prefer a 360 gamepad. ( I also have a Bluetooth M&KB for out there, but prefer the Gamepad.)

Point is, the devs have known about this since launch, ( I even got a response back from them saying it might be in the first patch....)

The game controls just fine except for two key flaws that make the game unplayable.

In SP, QTE's dont work at all. Meaning you cannot get more than 30 seconds into the campaign with the gamepad.

In multi, controlling the character works fine, but none of the menus do, meaning you can't change your class, loadout, or spawn...

The game officially supports the gamepad, there is no reason in hell they should not have fixed these two simple errors this long after launch. None at all.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
When I play on my monitor I use my 518 and KB...

However when I play out on my 55' D8000 in my living room, I prefer a 360 gamepad. ( I also have a Bluetooth M&KB for out there, but prefer the Gamepad.)

Point is, the devs have known about this since launch, ( I even got a response back from them saying it might be in the first patch....)

The game controls just fine except for two key flaws that make the game unplayable.

In SP, QTE's dont work at all. Meaning you cannot get more than 30 seconds into the campaign with the gamepad.

In multi, controlling the character works fine, but none of the menus do, meaning you can't change your class, loadout, or spawn...

The game officially supports the gamepad, there is no reason in hell they should not have fixed these two simple errors this long after launch. None at all.
It would almost be better if it didn't support the gamepad at all, because you could make your own joy2key profile that didn't have those issues.

what about the close quarters pack?

is there a rumored release date?

question about the bf3: premium deal

20 maps
20 new weapons
10+ new vehicles
4 new game modes
30+ assignments
Two weeks early access to DLC
Unique in-game knife, dog tags, and camos
Unique weapon camos
Stats reset feature
Save up to five Battlelog reports
5+ unique assignments
Exclusive double XP weekends
Exclusive videos and strategy guides

are those maps the DLC maps? (such as b2k, cq, etc)

or are they in ADDITION ?

because if those are additional maps.. then hooo fuck I'm buyin this pack :D

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
what about the close quarters pack?

is there a rumored release date?

question about the bf3: premium deal

are those maps the DLC maps? (such as b2k, cq, etc)

or are they in ADDITION ?

because if those are additional maps.. then hooo fuck I'm buyin this pack :D

Pretty sure that includes B2K stuff which just makes this entire thing completely underwhelming.

So does this mean I can't lay down mines, hop in a plane, and get plane credit when someone runs into mines? =( Nooooo. I can't kill shit in planes. Almost made it to stealth just by the above strategy.

I'd be interested in the Premium deal if I didn't already have B2K. Why isn't there a cheaper premium deal which doesn't include B2K?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Good changes. I tried getting back into the game after the last patch but the M26 people ruined the game for me. Hopefully the input lag fix means I can play with AA on and proper aiming.

JB1981

sounds like this is a good patch for ps3 owners. i have been recently playing this on 360 and am completely ignorant of any glitches or gameplay tweaks that have been changed since launch. my biggest problem with the game is that my aim is consistently awful. i have resigned myself to shooting from the hip w/ the laser sight for most weapons. i'm a lot more accurate that way. once i pull up sights with a scope or red dot my aim goes to hell.

Nizz

> Reduced input lag for gamepads/joysticks on all platforms. Aiming as a soldier when using a gamepad or joystick should now be more responsive.
I await impressions from PS3 players on this. The input lag is awful. The biggest dealbreaker for me with this game. If they take care of that I may jump back in...

RiverBed

Banned
The game even freezes on SP...WTF DICE? it is an amazing game, but WTF with all the freezes? You're gonna break my console goddammit!

RiverBed

Banned
I just platinum-ed BF3. I only had to do the SP on hard....and it froze twice. WTF?!

What is more amazing is how no one else seems to mention this or be bothered by it. Someone actually told me 'games freeze'. WTF?!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I just platinum-ed BF3. I only had to do the SP on hard....and it froze twice. WTF?!

What is more amazing is how no one else seems to mention this or be bothered by it. Someone actually told me 'games freeze'. WTF?!
Wut? We've been bitching about it since BC1. Now you know why the engine is called Frostbite! * BA DUM TISH *

Chaplain

I await impressions from PS3 players on this. The input lag is awful. The biggest dealbreaker for me with this game. If they take care of that I may jump back in...

There is no input lag if you turn on "Game Mode" and turn off "all post processing effects" on your TV.

Top Bottom