• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsigo

Anyone know if the Premium battlepacks and stuff are retroactive? Or do you have to have Premium at the time they "unlock" to get them?

What map and game mode did you guys play to unlock the L85 because fuuuuuuuck the defib

Just pick a server with super high tickets. It honestly took me longer to get a 40mm kill than a Defib. Also, probably a dumb question but you are charging it all the way, right?

So.. this game is absolutely broken on PC... and it's pretty crap on PS4 right now as well. When it works its great... it's just getting it to work.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Does conquest mode just not work at all? I haven't been able to connect since I got the game yesterday. I have been playing rush since then and it works fine, but the dozens of times I tried conquest it times out or fails to start the game.

bjscott05

Does conquest mode just not work at all? I haven't been able to connect since I got the game yesterday. I have been playing rush since then and it works fine, but the dozens of times I tried conquest it times out or fails to start the game.

I haven't had it work for me either. I once got in a 64 player conquest game, but the server crashed less than a minute into the game.

Oh my god. I was just having one of the best, most awesome rounds in BF I've ever had. Just doing some crazy stuff- parachuting down on to tanks and C4ing them, knifing DICE employees and having a great time.

And then the sound starts looping and the game crashes.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I usually don't get that pissed with game crashes but this is infuriating!

Paracel Storm - Conquest. Easy to get behind players on that map, especially if it's someone sniping on an island.

Just pick a server with super high tickets. It honestly took me longer to get a 40mm kill than a Defib. Also, probably a dumb question but you are charging it all the way, right?

Thanks.

Yeah, it sucks because you can't sprint when you're charging your paddles. Had it happen a few times that the guy I was stalking started to run away. :(

1. Open Notepad.

2. Paste the following:
WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0

3. File > Save As >
Choose > Save as type: All files
Choose > File name: user.cfg
Navigate to the "Origin Games\Battlefield 4" folder and click save.

Fixed it for me.

That worked great, thanks!

zma1013

Oh my god. I was just having one of the best, most awesome rounds in BF I've ever had. Just doing some crazy stuff- parachuting down on to tanks and C4ing them, knifing DICE employees and having a great time.

And then the sound starts looping and the game crashes.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I usually don't get that pissed with game crashes but this is infuriating!

As long as the server didn't crash and you didn't rejoin before that round ended, you will still get your points and stuff. If you rejoined immediately though it overwrites the stats and progress for that round.

In the past two days, if I told you Battlefield 4 has crashed on me 30 times I would be lying. It has been more than that. It is ridiculous how buggy this game is.

It is spectacular fun once you get in a match, but damn, it really sucks trying to get there.

Weenerz

Banned
So is the PS4 version broken? I have 1 game show up on search, and it won't let me in, even with it only having 24 out of 64 players. My network is fine, as I can see a full list of servers with the PC version.

Duke Togo

I've been able to play some team deathmatch and the odd rush game, but that's it on PS4. I hope they can sort out these server issues soon.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That worked great, thanks!

Yeah, seemed to fix the pulsing for me. Seems you have to make it with notepad, not create a new text file in Windows explorer and then edit it because Windows won't set the .cfg after changing filetypes right or something.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, seemed to fix the pulsing for me. Seems you have to make it with notepad, not create a new text file in Windows explorer and then edit it because Windows won't set the .cfg after changing filetypes right or something.

I've tried that - I still get the pulse effect :(

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
According to Battlelog the last round I played was on Zavod, one week ago. Had absolutely zero enthusiasm to play this game since.

I'll set aside time tomorrow to have a couple of rounds and see how prevalent the problems are.

Oasis is still one of my favorite maps of all time.

But that's BC1!

3AQmK.gif

Fonz72

The OG BF2 maps were so good! They need to just release classic maps re-skinned. Graphical updates only.

1943 maps would be so much fun as well.

Kerub

Banned
I just had another crash (PC version). And it seems to crash as soon as I start having fun every time. It's a shame really.

rcl66

Ok wtf am I missing - the campaign on ps4 is not saving my progress. Played twice now and completed the first campaign mission and when I come back to the game it starts the campaign new every time. I feel like there must be something obvious I'm missing

Definity

I posted in the other thread about MP issues but I can't even get this damn game to start on the PS4. It goes to a blue screen of death every single time at the main menu.

Trying to delete the install, profile basically anything that has to do with BF4 and start over.

BeerSnob

So is it 1 AR kill, 1 LMG kill, 1 grenade kill and one bolt action kill in one life or just one map? Because my friend was trying to do this last night and it wasn't clicking, despite fulfilling those requirements. The one outlier was that he was respawning, changing kits and getting the kills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom