• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are you guys unlocking the China Rising guns? I dont see them, even though yesterday in a ranked game I was killed by someone using the L85A2.

As others said they were added in the last patch (possibly by accident)

Here's the list of things to do to get them:

Open Fire - L85A2
Get a pistol kill, 40mm Grenade Launcher Kill, & Defibrillator Kill in the same round
Get 3x Assault Rifle Ribbons (Kill 6 Enemies for One Ribbon)

Need Only One - L96A1
Get a Shotgun, DMR, & C4 Kill in the same round
Get 3x Sniper Rifle Ribbons (Kill 6 Enemies for one Ribbon)

Multi Talent - MTAR-21
Get an AR, LMG, Sniper Rifle, and Grenade kill in the same round

Make A Dent - MP7
Destroy an Air Vehicle with a portable AA
Get 3x Anti Vehicle Ribbons (Destroy 2 Vehicles per Ribbon)

I think I'm putting this game down until all the issues are sorted out. Between the lag, rubber banding, imbalances and what have you, it's a really frustrating experience. This has been my most disappointing BF game yet.

At least the new Xcom expansion is good. I think that'll hold me over.

I still have not been able to play MP on PS4. :(

The fuck, DICE/EA? I need my BF fix.

Now you console people (next gen) know what it's been like for the last couple weeks for PC players.

The game is only now in a playable state for me where it doesn't constantly crash. The net code is still a bit off but it's MUCh better than what it was at launch

Defunkled

So you can no longer form a squad of friends before entering a game? Myself and 2 friends are planning on playing this on PS4 tonight. What's the best way for us to play together?

Grief.exe

Looks like bf4 pc is getting ddos

Damage control.

Blame the crashes on the script kiddies.

So you can no longer form a squad of friends before entering a game? Myself and 2 friends are planning on playing this on PS4 tonight. What's the best way for us to play together?

No party system in BF4.

Can you queue up to join a server on console. I'd imagine coordinating on console is a bitch. On PC, huge group just gets on mumble/teamspeak together.

Rizific

BF4-Second-Assault-Screen.png

Oman looking nice. Sort of excited to play this next week - hopefully the Xbox One version will launch smoothly.
lol
Wait, Oman is coming out next week?

Dr Prob

Banned
I still have not been able to play MP on PS4. :(

The fuck, DICE/EA? I need my BF fix.

Couldn't get through to PSN last night and have spent most of today watching The Cosby Show while waiting on this BF4 install. At this point crashes and glitches are the stuff of dreams.

Sure it's been covered before, but just a heads up for anyone doing the upgrade deal from PS3 to 4: You may want to set aside a little time for this process.

On the bright side, this is the one where Cockroach gets to be on Dancemania.

Elsolar

On PC I know there's an option that lets you automatically squad up with friends. So you don't need to squad up before hand, it'll automatically try to place you together if you join a game with a friend. I imagine PS4 is the same way, or similar.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wait, Oman is coming out next week?

For X-box 720, Oman/et. al. in Second Assault comes early for them in a bullshit "exclusive" deal.

For the rest of us, we have to wait until after China Rising whenever that is.

Majanew

Banned
Couldn't get through to PSN last night and have spent most of today watching The Cosby Show while waiting on this BF4 install. At this point crashes and glitches are the stuff of dreams.

Sure it's been covered before, but just a heads up for anyone doing the upgrade deal from PS3 to 4: You may want to set aside a little time for this process.

On the bright side, this is the one where Cockroach gets to be on Dancemania.

I hope the servers aren't a ghost town because people took their copy back since it's broken. Or they just gave up and it's collecting dust. :(

This is not how you go after the online FPS crown, DICE.

For X-box 720, Oman/et. al. in Second Assault comes early for them in a bullshit "exclusive" deal.

For the rest of us, we have to wait until after China Rising whenever that is.

Wait what? I thought it was gonna be like the "week early" PS3 got but months early? That's horse shit

is there any way to play with inverted pitch controls on the jets and normal pitch controls on the heli's?

EDIT: also, how do I customize weapons at the main menu, do I really need to do that mid match?

Does anyone know how to get rid of that small menu of icons in the upper right of the screen on ps4? There's like 4 icons and it's really annoying. No idea how to disable it

NM - there's a hide option for it

Did they ever say how long the exclusivity for second assault is? Like are we talking weeks or months?

Probably something similar to the PS3 map pack exclusivity for BF3, which was a week. Since its a launch thing though I wouldn't be surprised if they bought 2 week window this time around, at least for Second Assault.

MattDoza

Changing the buttons to BF3 settings (legacy buttons) is missing from the PS4 version (legacy sticks are in though). Besides that problem, the game is just amazing and is the only game that looks next-gen. Looking forward to playing it once BF3 controls have been patched in.
This is an option in other versions?! Smh, c'mon DICE!

I'm convinced no one knows how to play Obliteration on my team every time I play.

Enemy takes bomb and my team sits around shooting in the opposite direction for kills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom