• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm over this, Euro Truck Simulator 2 is more stable than this. They should use the Euro Truck Simulator 2 engine in the next Mass Effect, unless you want to crash out every 10 minutes.

Ocho

We made sweet beautiful boat love today.

ibjX9wYgszFIfI.gif

Shark fleet was a huge success.

Here are other moments I captured:

In formation
iUdPq9SeSV17v.gif

Ganging up
iAOfMQY5cTFg3.gif

One of the best moments of my BF career:
ibkxR3vZAtIkLa.gif

Who needs attack boats?

domstah

Got to play 64 player conquest games yesterday, had a lot of fun. All ended up crashing to dashboard on the PS4.

Roll on next weeks patch - I want to play more!

Does anyone know if there is a limit to the amount of XP boosts that you can store? Planning on stacking as many as I can for the double XP week

Spl1nter

Does anyone know if there is a limit to the amount of XP boosts that you can store? Planning on stacking as many as I can for the double XP week

Just use them unless they are 100% or greater. You get so many 25% and 50% boosts its ridiculous. Always forget to activate them as well.

Spl1nter

What are you guys using to record your clips? Like to start doing this myself.

Right now I use shadowplay which is available for Nvidia 600 and 700 series cards. It has very minimal framerate effect.

From what I have read dxtory has the most options and best functionality but more an affect on fps.

Spazznid

I swear, Quick Match is progammed to put you in your least favorite maps on the shittiest teams it can find.

Quoted for truth.

Just got new monitor and I no longer have issues aiming. I never miss a shot, but I swear all I ever get is the two levels I suck at and the team that can't spot for shit.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Right now I use shadowplay which is available for Nvidia 600 and 700 series cards. It has very minimal framerate effect.

From what I have read dxtory has the most options and best functionality but more an affect on fps.

Problem is if you want to record like 3-5 hours of matches completely to upload them uncut to Youtube you need a LOT of harddrive space and fucking about with codecs and shit to where Youtube doesn't compress the hell out of it/break quality.

I really wish there was better services for free that didn't restrict you for your high-def videos. :/

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I picked up the game last week only because of a crazy-good deal where a bunch of new games were half-off, and I could still get the pre-order version with China Rising. Didn't want to buy it at all at launch because I was too busy, plus I didn't want to add to the ton of games that I even had to start playing on the 360. But I just couldn't pass up half-price plus the one chance to get China Rising for free.

I have to say that this game is the most pissed-off I've been at a game in some years. Fuck. Me. And I wasn't even there at launch with the reload ammo glitch still present and even more frequent freezes. My goodness man. There are FAR too many little annoying things that add up to me not wanting to give a damn what DICE has to say in regards to Battlefield and them being a top shooter. They want to compete with Call of Duty? Ghosts might be the ugliest CoD game out in my opinion right now, but shit, at least it runs without freezing up so many damn times.

Terrible hit detection, server lists not working no matter how many times you refresh, getting stuck on geometry, getting stuck trying to vault shit that's barely as high as your ankle, glitches where your gun doesn't shoot for a few seconds after switching weapons or reloading, disappearing single player progress - haven't experienced this myself since I only ran through the first level just to unlock the REX pistol and never touched it again, having to tap multiple times to set the damn squad objective on a flag, DICE being so stubborn as to not let you adjust your loadout in the menu unless you're in an actual match taking up space and contributing nothing to the team, weapon unlocks not showing up mid-match until the end of the match, the fucked up random spawns where the enemy ends up spawning in your back or even facing you in front, because spawning on your teammate in Domination is just asking to die before your screen fully loads up - the list goes on.

Such a shame because the few times when the game actually DOES work, it's a blast, but damn does this game need work. I skipped BF3 and I know it wasn't this bad back then. I have my perfect loadout for each of my classes unlocked already even, and when it works I can tear though people and enjoy it. Joke is that when I'm not pissed at the game, it's the dumbass teammates outside of my squad that somehow know enough to choose an objective match in the menu and join it, yet don't even play the objective. As in, stand right next to an enemy-captured objective, see me or my friends capturing it and not do anything, or just run past it to go to who knows where to die. This gen has already been annoying me with how bad the average gamer tends to be for the past 6 or 7 years, even with all of the hand-holding devs do for them. Yet it still amazes me how bad they still are, and continue to worsen over time.

So yeah DICE, until then, forget about the competition and the Levelution nonsense, and get to making your game work. I know I'd be really annoyed if I had bought this at full price, I can tell you that.

scogoth

Problem is if you want to record like 3-5 hours of matches completely to upload them uncut to Youtube you need a LOT of harddrive space and fucking about with codecs and shit to where Youtube doesn't compress the hell out of it/break quality.

I really wish there was better services for free that didn't restrict you for your high-def videos. :/

Who wants to watch 5 hours of straight bf4 play? Highlights reel! Get to editing!

Jinjo

Just use them unless they are 100% or greater. You get so many 25% and 50% boosts its ridiculous. Always forget to activate them as well.

How do you even activate them? Couldn't find anything ingame or on battlelog. I'm probably missing something incredibly obvious.

Iskander

Neo Member
How do you even activate them? Couldn't find anything ingame or on battlelog. I'm probably missing something incredibly obvious.

Hit escape while in game, and there's a box in the lower right that says "BOOSTS AVAILABLE." Click on that, and choose one.

So what's everyone's favorite/least favorite maps so far? I've only played like one game each on Golmund and Dawnbreaker because the audio cutouts and shimmering (respectively) annoy me way too much. I really like Hainan Resort, Rogue Transmission and Paracel Storm. Shanghai and Lancang Dam are decent, not a fan of Flood Zone at all, Operation Locker is decent when I want some chaos and easy unlocks and Zavod is just mediocre/bad to me. Also I've only played one game of rush and it was on Hainan, first stage reminded me of Isla Inocentes from BC2 so much, and that's a good thing.

TheSeks

So you arent going to watch my YOLOsniper360doublexXxheadshots montage?

Not unless I get something special out of it, Splinter my boy.

If you 360 noscope with a mouse 420xxXxxxXXXXxxxsnipershot someone in the head, maybe.

In the Battlepacks page. Should be an option to turn them on. I wouldn't do it until the servers are confirmed 100% unfucked. Bad lag and stuff screws with your SPM and all that.

RS4-

So what's everyone's favorite/least favorite maps so far? I've only played like one game each on Golmund and Dawnbreaker because the audio cutouts and shimmering (respectively) annoy me way too much. I really like Hainan Resort, Rogue Transmission and Paracel Storm. Shanghai and Lancang Dam are decent, not a fan of Flood Zone at all, Operation Locker is decent when I want some chaos and easy unlocks and Zavod is just mediocre/bad to me. Also I've only played one game of rush and it was on Hainan, first stage reminded me of Isla Inocentes from BC2 so much, and that's a good thing.

Shanghai rush is trash. First set of obs on Paracel rush is pretty bad.

Not a fan of conquest Zavod.

Wierd, I have what looks like Second Assault dog tags unlocked. I know I don't have 500 kills with the m60e and I definately have not flown a helo under every crane in second assault.

Is the single player campaign broken? Because I'm really only interested in the single player (gasp).

My save has been corrupted at least 5 times, and besides the fact Battlefield 3's campaign was atrocious and the few bits I've played of 4 aren't too great either.

I've yet to have an a crash during a match on the X1. Had a few in-between games, but never mid-game, so it's been a pretty positive experience so far.

Other than DICE's refusal to implement a real party system, no server queues, and BF4 breaks Xbox Live's party chat for some reason.

I'm kinda new to military FPSs, want to play the campaign through before jumping into the MP. (wanna wait for next week's patch too)

I have the PS4 version, how does the single player campaign run now, should I wait for a patch for that too?

RdN

So.. There's really no way to form a party/squad and join the game together with friends? I'm playing on the Xbox One and can't find a way to do it.

TheSeks

Shanghai rush is trash. First set of obs on Paracel rush is pretty bad.

Not a fan of conquest Zavod.

Eh... Paracel first set isn't that bad. Requires good teamwork. The problem is the wonky cover of the broken ship and defense being able to abuse that.

Hainan Rush is worse.

And Shanghai isn't that bad. It's just people use the helicopters to get on roofs and not PTFO. That and the terrible tank combat versus tank-taking-damage ("Cried" about this in the past about how engineers are as useful as a fart in the wind now in BF4 because of the fucking damage RPG's don't do and the wonky disable/repair systems) make it annoying to attack on. Otherwise it wouldn't be a bad map in Rush.

I'm kinda new to military FPSs, want to play the campaign through before jumping into the MP. (wanna wait for next week's patch too)

I have the PS4 version, how does the single player campaign run now, should I wait for a patch for that too?

Multiplayer is able to run. Singleplayer has a save ate bug on consoles. PC is fine (to my knowledge. Haven't had issues with the campaign on PC) so you want to wait on that.

Just jump into the multiplayer. The campaign will teach you a few things in the multiplayer but it isn't a 1:1 experience and BF is a multiplayer experience.

So.. There's really no way to form a party/squad and join the game together with friends? I'm playing on the Xbox One and can't find a way to do it.

If you're all on BF4 and one person joins a server, it will automatically send an invite to your friends. Also, if you form and Xbox Live party and join a game it will automatically send invited to that party.

Sadly, DICE has opted for that instead of a party system in the menus though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom