• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

meppi said:
Yeah, me neither.
On a non-vehicle map I usually go for assault wookie so I throw balls allover the place.
Use the map all the time. Never noticed anything like this though.
When people are firing, I notice them from the direction the sound is coming from more than anything else.

The enemy would have to be fairly close to you for you to notice them on the minimap.
I've always noticed the brief short flashes when camping assaults are firing nearby me.

CatPee said:
Enemy flashes on the minimap are a result of the enemy being shot by a teammate, but didn't die.

On a side note, it may be a while before I can contribute to the Seks fund, dreamgazer. Swimming gear and the PC build is costing a hell of a lot more than I had anticipated.
LLShC.gif

Enemy flahing due to being shot but noy dying is something I never heard of.

Anyway, you have an idea as to when you'll be able to contribute? I mean Seks can't wait forever?

:p

C4 Platinum and all I can say about that is THANK FUCKING GOD!

The past 24hrs trying to get platinum have frustrating as hell. Nothing like planting C4 near an enemy and it blowing up but not doing any damage to the enemy to really get my blood boiling.

That shit better not be in BF3

The SAIGA 20K Semi is now platinum which just leaves me with one more gun, the G3

I have 10 days to get 916 kills....this will be a piece of cake
this will take forever

Dr Prob

Banned
The G3 is beastly. You can bang that out in no time at all. BELIEVE

Trying to finish up the all-kit guns. Halfway through the M1 with the M14 still to go.

Why do I even care about this? Hate these guns. Still, gotta do it!

I can honestly say that I hate the M1 Garand and the M14. The iron sights just don't much for me when I'm trying to get a kill, especially for the Garand

olimpia84

ps3_olimpia84.png

Edit: not sure why it's showing the Windows logo but my stats are from the PS3 version. I also need to step up and get over my 0.99 Medic KDR before BF3 is released! It shouldn't be a problem. I also have one or two weapons close to platinum so hopefully I'll get those in time.

LAST CALL
If you're going to donate or pledge to donate to the
Help Seks to get SOMETHING(PC?PS3?Paper and Crayons?) to play BF3 on fund
Please do so by the end of this week by pming me for more info.

Since we're posting stats, I'm pretty sure these will be my final ones for BFBC2 (PS3): since I hit 10,000,000 points and 600 ace pins in the same match a few weeks back I figured it was time to hang up the boots:

"If I'm getting ace pins, then there's something seriously wrong with our defenses ."

PLAY TO WIN, DAMN IT

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dreamgazer said:
Paper and Crayons?)

OMG WHAT IS THIS!? SOME HIGH TECH iPad!? OMG AND IT HAS THE BATTLEFIELD 3 LOGO ON IT! PEW PEW PEW! *goes insane*

Dreamgazer said:
"If I'm getting ace pins, then there's something seriously wrong with our defenses ."

PLAY TO WIN, DAMN IT
The W/L ratio of Gaffers is astounding. I'm in a massive clan so generally I end up playing with my clanmates… against my clanmates. Doesn't do my KDR or WLR any favours, that's for sure! I'm just happy to have a KDR and W/L ratio over 1 in that situation :)

olimpia84

W/L ratios don't mean a whole lot. A lot of people (including gaffers) quit if the other team is winning by far but, lo and behold, when we are steamrolling and either racing to the crates with ease or base raping nobody hardly ever quits.

Probably my final stat line. I can't connect to EA for a game of BC2 and BF3 is a week away.
At one point some of my key stats were higher, but I took a break from the game and came back a worse player.

Getting "Searching for games. Please stand by" messages now.....this can't be happening now. Not when I'm so close to finishing up one last weapon

Hopefully, it's fixed tomorrow afternoon

EDIT: Working now, just signed out and signed back in

olimpia84 said:
W/L ratios don't mean a whole lot. A lot of people (including gaffers) quit if the other team is winning by far but, lo and behold, when we are steamrolling and either racing to the crates with ease or base raping nobody hardly ever quits.

I have to somewhat disagree.
*rings the “Dream about to offend someone” bell*

With the exception of one or two people (ex: compulsive quitter Sekoku), I personally think that a significantly high w/l ratio is a good indicator of the playstyle, not necessarily skill, of people’s play.

I, for example, probably only have a high w/l in rush since I prefer to watch the crates like a hawk (even if we’re steamrolling). Hence the motto, “If I’m getting Ace pins, then there’s something seriously wrong with the team”.

Of course, does not necessarily mean the team will win? I don’t know.
Although I assume the team’s chance of losing should be much lower than usual

Assuming equal skill levels and RUSH only, a lower w/l among gaffers often indicates to me that a player is more likely: 1) an aggressive front line type, 2) more likely to be vehicle focused/obsessed. This “bias” of mine has usually turned out to be right (again, observer’s bias.)

Admittedly, I would therefore avoid playing with a certain combination of Gaffers to save myself the stress + people hearing me agonize over creates that shouldn’t be lost (ex: I can’t comfortably play rush with a team of just aggressive-type players.)

All of the BS above – doesn’t apply to conquest though, where team actions tend to matter more than individual action.

--------------------------------------
LAST CALL
Help Seks to get SOMETHING(PC?PS3?Paper and Crayons?) to play BF3 fund

No, seriously.

TheSeks

Hey, now. I quit because teams generally don't get off the line in five minutes and/or helicopter fucks. Not dealing with hiding in a collapsed building for an hour because they drag the game.

TheSeks said:
Hey, now. I quit because teams generally don't get off the line in five minutes and/or helicopter fucks. Not dealing with hiding in a collapsed building for an hour because they drag the game.

I've turned conquest games around when the team decided to coward under buildings because of choppers.

Granted, it took a good amount of "yelling" on my part.

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
I've turned conquest games around when the team decided to coward under buildings because of choppers.

Granted, it took a good amount of "yelling" on my part.

Conquest is different. I'll leave if the team is full of jackasses that won't attempt to push. Granted, I'm not the strongest "push" player, so I generally hang back but if they're playing it as "team deathmatch with flags. lolz" then I quit because it isn't worth the hassle or time investment in trying to help them win.

I'm more talking Rush since that's... you know.. 90% of the gametypes that GAF plays.

olimpia84 said:
A lot of people (including gaffers) quit if the other team is winning by far
Seriously, Gaffers as well? I can see Seks rage-quitting obviously, but I would have thought the other guys had a bit more intestinal fortitude than that. The only Gaffer I've really played with is faceless, and when the going gets tough faceless gets going, he doesn't quit that's for damn sure!

I've honestly never quit a game because my team was terrible or we were getting raped and look down on people who would: in for a penny, in for a pound! There have been nights where I've lost 6 rounds in a row heavily, but you just keep spawning and do what you can to try and help your team turn things around. Arming a single M-COM in that sort of situation is more satisfying than blowing every single M-COM in a joke of a game.

In terms of opponents, the ones I respect the most are always those who keep pushing and keep going no matter how bad their team sucks, whether they're successful or not.

olimpia84

Yeah, a few gaffers do it. But in a way it's, understandable. I mean, there are times when you join a game of Conquest and all the flags are capped by the enemy and then you look at the scoreboard just to realize that not only the other team has more players than yours does but they're all part of a level 50 clan as well. You really can't blame somebody for quitting a game under those circumstances but in the process you're making the W/L ratio stat much less accurate. I agree that the W/L ratio is a good indicator of how much you can help a team but at the same time it's inaccurate.

I tend not to quit regardless of the situation and in fact I enjoy playing on the 'underpowered' team most of the time because you feel more accomplished if you manage to win. There were many times that I played in games were my team easily lost 6 to 8 matches in a ROW but I have this perseverance that prevents me from quitting until I beat the other team at least once to feel accomplished.

if i am in a game at or near the start, i will go TO THE MAX to try and win, but i definitely don't feel bad about joining a game that's already screwed up and 180ing, though many times i do stick around in those situations if it isn't too bad... like if i join a game on Atacama, choppers circling, tanks shelling. down by 50 tickets? maybe. down 150? exit game -> find game.

lionelhutz said:
Are people still having problems connecting to the EA servers? I tried the 360 version the other day and couldn't connect.
if you tried earlier this week during the daytime (US time), the servers were down.

The Faceless Master said:
if i am in a game at or near the start, i will go TO THE MAX to try and win, but i definitely don't feel bad about joining a game that's already screwed up and 180ing, though many times i do stick around in those situations if it isn't too bad... like if i join a game on Atacama, choppers circling, tanks shelling. down by 50 tickets? maybe. down 150? exit game -> find game.

if you tried earlier this week during the daytime (US time), the servers were down.

Same here, once I'm in a match, I commit.

lionelhutz

Thanks. I'll try it again today. If it still doesn't work I guess it's going back. It seems like I haven't been able to connect for a while.

Edit: I just tried connecting again and it's not working (360). WTF.

computers putin' said:
Same here, once I'm in a match, I commit.
Same here. Most of my (few) losses come from Hardcore. The majority of my BC2 playing was with friends and we just steamrolled everyone in our path. I don't pull that pussy quit shit just to have a higher W/L. If I did, I would easily have a 10+ w/l.

Calion

Dreamgazer said:
LAST CALL
Help Seks to get SOMETHING(PC?PS3?Paper and Crayons?) to play BF3 on fund

I'll get you the money tonight. Work's been crazy the last few days. Sorry for the delay.

Edit: Oh and:
ps3_Calion82v.png

Down to 200 more G3 kills. I'm just gonna go for 100 kills per day. And since I won't have much time to play the game tomorrow, my final day will be Saturday. And I'll try to get my vehicle score to 900k before I'm done (less than 2000 pts to go)

meppi

olimpia84 said:
I do. Those games suck just as much as the ones with level 50 chopper whores on Oasis as far as I'm concerned.
That's also the reason why I've become very selective about the people I join online actually.

Darkshier said:
Same here. Most of my (few) losses come from Hardcore. The majority of my BC2 playing was with friends and we just steamrolled everyone in our path. I don't pull that pussy quit shit just to have a higher W/L. If I did, I would easily have a 10+ w/l.
oh man, i remember that one Hardcore game i joined and it was Oasis and the other team had some Lv50 choppa hos and a team of cowards who took forever to arm crates and they slowly (and i mean SLOWLY) advanced crate to crate, base to base until the final set and they lost their chopper and the game. i swear that game took 45 minutes!

oh man, i remember that one Hardcore game i joined and it was Oasis and the other team had some Lv50 choppa hos and a team of cowards who took forever to arm crates and they slowly (and i mean SLOWLY) advanced crate to crate, base to base until the final set and they lost their chopper and the game. i swear that game took 45 minutes!
That match is the stuff of nightmares. I wasn't about to leave and I knew if we fought hard we would at least have a chance. Once they lost their chopper whore support, it was all downhill from there. Nobody, and I mean nobody, can stand up to our infantry combat. Even if it took us all the way to the last set, at least we got the win. Pretty sure I also had like 25 kills to like 40 deaths or something ridiculous like that. If I remember right, we switched to attackers the next round and all those guys that just got whooped upon, promptly quit out. Lol, just couldn't stand the heat.

Can't wait to start the steamrolling again next week in BF3.

olimpia84

Good games Cat. That first round of White Pass was fun, the other team had better players but we still managed to win comfortably.

abuC

I should have a new PS3 next month, sucks that I will likely lose all my saves. I have a habit of getting to the last level, or last boss in a game, then I just stop playing it for some reason.

ps3_abuc.png

Top Bottom