• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So is Halo MP stuck to be an arena shooter forever?

Dynasty8

Halo's issues aren't PvP. It's PvE. Or the complete lack of PvE.

Seriously, I wish we had something (in addition to the camapaign) similar to Operations mode that Space Marine 2 has or Destiny with the Nightfall Strikes with a nice progression system mixed in.

clarky

Gold Member
Halo's issues aren't PvP. It's PvE. Or the complete lack of PvE.

Seriously, I wish we had something (in addition to the camapaign) similar to Operations mode that Space Marine 2 has or Destiny with the Nightfall Strikes with a nice progression system mixed in.
Firefight has been in the game for quite a while now.

The other stuff you're asking for has never been in the game obviously and they struggle to get the Halo staples in for release these days. not saying it wouldn't be nice mind

Last edited:

Dynasty8

Firefight has been in the game for quite a while now.

Yeah, but it's not the same and there's no progression system in place. Having "Halo Studios" make firefight maps and modes and challenges with unique bosses, different enemy waves, different weapons on different maps would be more interesting than the forge made ones.

clarky

Gold Member
Yeah, but it's not the same and there's no progression system in place. Having "Halo Studios" make firefight maps and modes and challenges with unique bosses, different enemy waves, different weapons on different maps would be more interesting than the forge made ones.
For sure. Like i said though they struggle to get a feature complete Halo out, so adding to the work load would probably make them implode or some shit.

That's why I think a break from mainline Halo and a couple of spin off titles is the way to go, free from expectation and baggage.

Banjo64

cumsessed
They could flesh out Halo 5’s Firefight in to a full on coop standalone title.

So no.

But whether the current studio with the game has the balls to do something beyond ‘listen to da fans’ is another question.

clarky

Gold Member
They could flesh out Halo 5’s Firefight in to a full on coop standalone title.

So no.

But whether the current studio with the game has the balls to do something beyond ‘listen to da fans’ is another question.
Yeah that mode was pretty good. I got a fair bit of milage out of 5 to be honest, the campaign was shit but firefight was decent and i put a fair amount of time into the pvp.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Yeah that mode was pretty good. I got a fair bit of milage out of 5 to be honest, the campaign was shit but firefight was decent and i put a fair amount of time into the pvp.
It’s the best version of firefight by a mile I think.

I really liked the cards and unlocking armour pieces in the packs etc. was a really satisfying loop.

Top Bottom