• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield PSP

acklame

http://www.shacknews.com/ja.zz?comments=36744

DICE line up:

Title - Platform - Genre - Date
Battlefield 2 - PC - FPS - June -05
BF2 Modern Combat - PS2, Xbox - FPS - Fall -05
Untitled - PC - FPS - Fall -05
BF2 Modern Combat - MS Nextgen, PSP - FPS - Q1 -06
Untitled - PS2, Xbox, Sony and MS Nextgen - 2006/2007
Untitled - Sony and MS Nextgen - Action - 2007

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
...am I missing something? I don't see PSP in there...

EDIT:

Oh wait there it is... <blind>

duckroll

If it runs at a good framerate (unlike the PC originals *cough*) and has wireless online play it's going to be THE HOLY FUCKING SHIT! :D

duckroll said:
If it runs at a good framerate (unlike the PC originals *cough*) and has wireless online play it's going to be THE HOLY FUCKING SHIT! :D

BF games run on excellent frame rate but their sound engines are fucked. In order to some decent FPS out of either BF games (Vietnam or 1942) you need to turn down the sound options to the lowest: 22 KHz, 32 channels, and enable hardware acceleration

btw: a psp version was rumored a while back, if this is true then Burnout PSP is also coming.

Unison

How would it control? Like Goldeneye on N64?

Funny that all the Sony fans who dissed that game's control when Dual Analog became the norm would have to play their FPS games on PSP like that. :lol

IJoel

What's more interesting is that they're bringing Battlefield 2 to Xbox 2.

BF2 Modern Combat - MS Nextgen, PSP - FPS - Q1 -06

Sure, it was expected, but unconfirmed. Though, I'm not sure how much of a confirmation this is.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
IJoel said:
What's more interesting is that they're bringing Battlefield 2 to Xbox 2.

Sure, it was expected, but unconfirmed. Though, I'm not sure how much of a confirmation this is.

Is this the same Battlefield 2 as on PC? The Modern Combat moniker suggests not (?) They may have just stuck the 2 in there to emphasise that it's closer to Battlefield 2 than 1.

Interesting that stuff is down for Sony next-gen aswell now. Might we get some proper PS3 game announcements at E3? I remember with the first PS2 showing, there were no formal game announcements.

Flo_Evans

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat is the name of the PC version as well.

EDIT: hmm maybe its not.

I wonder if there wil lbe PC/xbox/ps2 playing on the same servers ala FFXI.

Dice needs to fix their fucking netcode so the bullets go where you're shooting first. I'm tired of having to empty 3 clips into a stationary person before a hit is registered.

duckroll

Doom_Bringer said:
BF games run on excellent frame rate but their sound engines are fucked. In order to some decent FPS out of either BF games (Vietnam or 1942) you need to turn down the sound options to the lowest: 22 KHz, 32 channels, and enable hardware acceleration

Sure they do NOW. Have you tried playing them when they first came out? :p

Yeah, I loved Wake Island in BF1942...And played BFNam quite a bit...So I'd pick up a Battlefield on the PSP is it turns out well.

duckroll said:
Sure they do NOW. Have you tried playing them when they first came out? :p

When the game came out I had a Pentium 1 running @ 200 MHz, with a built in graphics card that had 2mb of ram and total system memory was 32 MB :lol

I don't think you can run any game on that system. Luckily almost after a year or so my dad decided it was time for an upgrade :D

I love BF1942, its best multiplayer FPS ever.

Ferrarisimo said:
It is true (it was announced today), and a Burnout PSP is highly likely as well, though not because of the correlation that you imply (which is weird).

No no no, they were in a EA PSP list. Both games are by EA: Burnout and BF. They were rumored to be in development for PSP a while ago, someone posted the link on this forum

Top Bottom