• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date
did everyone see IGN's review? xbox360 - 9.5 ps3 - 8.2

are difference THAT big of an issue??

i'd like to hear some more first hand opinions.

zoku88

Hah, I didn't post because I assumed the OP wasn't finished.

Man, I really thought this was coming out in Feb, though.

I was expecting the PS3 demo to be horrible. What was supposed to be wrong with it?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Wutdaheckman said:
did everyone see IGN's review? xbox360 - 9.5 ps3 - 8.2

are difference THAT big of an issue??

i'd like to hear some more first hand opinions.
Well, 1UP was A and A-.
360 version is better, but you'll have fun with both.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Curious to see if they fixed the fucked up ps3 version.

I heard that this game actually came out in a few places already?

Originally this was a day one title... but money has suddenly 'disappeared' from my account so we'll see...

sprsk said:

1up says the US retail PS3 version is the same as the Japanese, but a Sega rep had mentioned a possible patch but didn't confirm it.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
sprsk said:

that's why I posted the thread. I was going to wait until a day or two before launch, but the game has been 'leaking' all over Europe, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger.

edit: in hindsight, not a fantastically worded sentence.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I am on last chapter. Gonna replay it on new unlocked difficulty right after i guess.

Was trying to think of a good verse/chapter to farm halos, anyone know the "best" way ?

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
sprsk said:

PS3 version certainly still has performance issues, but I wouldn't say it's fucked up. Still a great game, just a littler greater on 360.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
goldenpp72 said:
Where's the 360 version of this thread
2ahzjue.jpg

Developed by Platinum Games and published by Sega for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3

A game by Hideki Kamiya (Resident Evil 2, Devil May Cry, Viewtiful Joe, Okami)

• US: January 5, 2010
  • EU: January 8, 2010
  • AU: January, 2010
  • JP: Out Now

the action game of the generation

It's been a long wait for this game, and I am honestly ready. Just wish Sega could have given us a happy Christmas with the game instead of waiting for 2 more weeks ;-)

Erebus

I refuse to buy a half-assed PS3 version. I thought we had gottten past this shit from 3rd-party developers.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
lybertyboy said:
PS3 version certainly still has performance issues, but I wouldn't say it's fucked up. Still a great game, just a littler greater on 360.

Humm, well here's hoping for that patch. I'd love to actually finish the game, lol.

Gimme a damn HDD install at least Sega.

Danielsan

Wait wait wait. January 8th?
Fuck, I haven't been paying attention. I thought it came out in February.
I take it the PS3 version is still a steaming pile of shit?
Ooh well, I'll buy the 360 version when a good deal comes up. Kind of low on money at the moment.

a1m

Banned
So.. they fucked up the PS3 version real good? Nicely done *thumbs up*

I'll be playing something else then.

Cowie

I can't believe this game is coming out so soon. I think it might have just screwed the crystal bearers out of its day one purchase =(

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
sprsk said:
Humm, well here's hoping for that patch. I'd love to actually finish the game, lol.

Gimme a damn HDD install at least Sega.

C'mon I know Mark or John have 360's. Just borrow a system. :D

X26

Banned
Only problem I had with the dmeo is that I felt she was too far away from the screen. Can't adjust the camera in the demo, assume it's the same in the retail version too

Will pick up regardless after a few price drops

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
sprsk said:
I have one too! I just am uh, a cheapskate.
why'd you buy the PS3 version, then? unless you were given it or something.

lunlunqq

since i don't want to support lazy developers who put half-assed version of their game on the PS3, i will buy a used copy... 360 version of course.

Dahbomb

Danielsan said:
Wait wait wait. January 8th?
Fuck, I haven't been paying attention. I thought it came out in February.
I take it the PS3 version is still a steaming pile of shit?
Ooh well, I'll buy the 360 version when a good deal comes up. Kind of low on money at the moment.
As a mutual Godhand fan, this post disappoints me. :lol

This is like a combined spiritual successor to DMC and Godhand from the god of action game directors. I don't see how anyone claiming themselves to be fan of the genre would be skipping out on this day 1...

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Dahbomb said:

This is like a combined spiritual successor to DMC and Godhand from the god of action game directors. I don't see how anyone claiming themselves to be fan of the genre would be skipping out on this day 1...
I really dislike the art style. Plus it's just plain too complex for my tastes. :(

Picking up the 360 version the second I come home from my 3 week vacation from Asia. Cant fucking wait (and hopefully my PS3 will be back from repair by than :D )

Danielsan

Dahbomb said:

Money is really tight man. :lol
If I can get it for roughly €30 from the UK it's totally mine.
I'm a big time Devil May Cry (1 reigns supreme) and God Hand fan so I'm definitely excited. My bank account isn't however. :lol

X26 said:
Only problem I had with the dmeo is that I felt she was too far away from the screen. Can't adjust the camera in the demo, assume it's the same in the retail version too

I thought the camera was appropriate, but yeah, I see where you're coming from. It'd be nice to be closer to the action.

If you haven't seen how it runs on the 360, then don't spoil yourself. It is only until after you've played the PS3 version and try the 360's, then you'll see how crappy the PS3's is on a technical level. Constant 60fps, sharper and crisper textures and colors; that's what the PS3 is missing

Top Bottom