• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk |OT| - Big men, bigger swords, OFF THE BOAT - Berserk #344 24/6/2016

That's just schierke's tsundere mindset. She's even shown as jelly when she notices isidro is getting frisky with the fish girl. She also tried that with guts for a while, if memory serves. Alas, he used indifference, and it was super effective.
Guts only has room in his heart for one woman, I think even Farnese was a bit jealous of Casca, but she grew out of it at least. I guess she just acts like she's all mature, but she's still a kid at heart...just can't at like it. It does make me wonder how she views her relationship with Farnese. I always felt that it's something that posthumously connects her to Faora.

Grudy

I hope my volumes arrive before the new episode is out. I ordered up to volume 20 (without 14-16 & 18, they're impossible to find at a good price) and hopefully that's get me through the next arc. I don't want to spoil anything further after seeing how bad episode 3 was.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I just want Casca back.

We're literally right there. They're ON THE DAMN ISLAND. Miura can go back on hiatus and never come back but just give me one god damn splash panel at the end of a chapter with her having a word bubble next to her head with an actual word coming out of it.

It's been almost 20 god damn years since she's talked. It's time dammit!
Casca regains her mind.

Still wary of Guts.

Joins Griffith.

Guts:

JcqPrpL.png

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The new anime seems to spend all of its effort making a few key frames look REALLY good. The bad CG looks like it's meant to be hidden by the fast paced action scenes. I really wonder how far it will go. I want to see Guts vs. Grunbeld but I doubt we will. It'll probably end with Griffith being reincarnated at most.

The new anime seems to spend all of its effort making a few key frames look REALLY good. The bad CG looks like it's meant to be hidden by the fast paced action scenes. I really wonder how far it will go. I want to see Guts vs. Grunbeld but I doubt we will. It'll probably end with Griffith being reincarnated at most.
I want to see Guts vs Grunbeld as well, but not like this...

That actually looks pretty good.

Yes it does. You can understand the cgi for the armies and the mass movements, etc. Notice how the movement actually looks very good. As long as you render it...sadly the movies also took major shortcuts and gave us a very sub-par product from a technical point of view (dont even want to talk about the adaptation anymore).

This new show was probably pitched with a power point animation. Miura was like, "but wheres the animation". And they said "oh, you didnt noticed it?"

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Yes it does. You can understand the cgi for the armies and the mass movements, etc. Notice how the movement actually looks very good. As long as you render it...sadly the movies also took major shortcuts and gave us a very sub-par product from a technical point of view (dont even want to talk about the adaptation anymore).

This new show was probably pitched with a power point animation. Miura was like, "but wheres the animation". And they said "oh, you didnt noticed it?"

*Miura looks up from his game of Idol Master as the producers ask him what he thought and with a shrug and a thumbs up he goes back to playing*

You and me both know they scribbled something together with MS Paint and showed it to Miura.
*Miura looks up from his game of Idol Master as the producers ask him what he thought and with a shrug and a thumbs up he goes back to playing*
"I wonder what Farnese would look like as an IdolM@ster character?" *They proceed to give Farnese nipple less boobs for her episode.

Zolo

Berserk is one of the greatest comedy manga I have ever read.

May only be 1 year away from Casca reverting back to her average mindset!

HStallion

New Episode coming out in less than 2 days now. We should be seeing spoilers leaking into the internet later today or possible earlier tomorrow. Really hoping the Guru gives us a nice info dump though that might not happen till they meet the Elf King.

Onemic

Got volume 1-3 yesterday night. I read through about a quarter of volume 1. Noticed that they took the intro of Puck in volume 1 and inserted it into the 2016 Berserk Anime.

HStallion

Got volume 1-3 yesterday night. I read through about a quarter of volume 1. Noticed that they took the intro of Puck in volume 1 and inserted it into the 2016 Berserk Anime.

Yeah they did something different for the 90's anime because Puck would have only been in the first episode and they didn't want to introduce him and never show him again.

HStallion

Ohhh snap. Wild untranslated Berserk chapter on the loose! Lots of shocked reactions from Guts and party and looks to be talk of behelits and Griffith.

Onemic

Ordered volumes 4-6 today. Im almost done vol. 1. As my first manga Im extremely impressed.

Yeah they did something different for the 90's anime because Puck would have only been in the first episode and they didn't want to introduce him and never show him again.

The manga handled that entire portion with Guts meeting the priest and daughter much better than the 2016 anime I feel. The way they set it up beforehand with Guts being displayed as someone that doesnt care about others, especially those he perceives as being weak and then allowing himself to be emotionally vulnerable by hitching a ride with the priest helped make the death of the daughter that much more impactful. I dont know why the anime completely removed that until after the confrontation.

Tizoc

Ohhh snap. Wild untranslated Berserk chapter on the loose! Lots of shocked reactions from Guts and party and looks to be talk of behelits and Griffith.

Best part of the chapter?
NEW CHAPTER IN AUGUST FUCK YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

HStallion

They give you a nice Berserk poster but its folded!

Edit: Link is dead :(

Double Edit: I love how impatient Guts is to meet the Elf King. He don't have time for tea, this is a long time coming!

There's already a big summary floating around. Amazing ep. Lots of new information about how the Astral and Corporeal World are connected.

Reading Guts talk about Griffith...fuck. Such feels.

How long till Isidro busts a nut when he discovers who Guts is?

HStallion

There's already a big summary floating around. Amazing ep. Lots of new information about how the Astral and Corporeal World are connected.

Reading Guts talk about Griffith...fuck. Such feels.

How long till Isidro busts a nut when he discovers who Guts is?

Yeah its some huge info especially about what Griffith is actually trying to do. He's bringing back the age of legends and myths when the astral plane and physical world were one by empowering the world tree.

Also the Road of the Dragon is a pretty interesting idea and how it applies to reaching the deepest parts of the astral plane.

HStallion

Well seems we are finally starting to hear what Griffith is doing though we don't really know why yet. Man we got so much info in this chapter and we haven't even met the Elf KIng yet.

Sooo, will Guts tell his crew his story now for real and will the others reveal their pasts to each other? Like we still don't know what happened to Azan exactly after Serpico and Farnese bailed out on him, for example.

"Yo Serpico, there's your mom tied to a stake. Imma go burn her...don't worry, you'll feel better."

Speaking of, will he ever tell her that she killed his mother? That'd be an awkward convo.

It's glimpses like this that make me crave for those Gaiseric and Void flashbacks. It seems the worlds were already connected in the past and now the situation is coming back. Just imagine how batshit insane the world of Berserk was in the past. Give it to us Miura. It could be a easy story to fit while time dilates in the island.

Grudy

My volumes are taking forever to arrive so I caved in today and started reading online. Currently reading through the Lost Children but some of these translations are pretty bad compared to Dark Horse.

"Gatts" irritates me.

HStallion

My volumes are taking forever to arrive so I caved in today and started reading online. Currently reading through the Lost Children but some of these translations are pretty bad compared to Dark Horse.

"Gatts" irritates me.

Guttsu!

This new anime episode reminded me of the people who have just started into drawing and love some Berserk panels and try to mimic them and then post online for opinions. They tend to be ugly as fuck, but there's no need to be harsh against it. You can see the dedication, and how much they cherish the original work. You write a light critic, and move on. Well, now instead of being fan-art, it's actually a professional job. And it kinda becomes unacceptable. Nothing works. The Godo monologue sounds so stilt, the editing is so slow, mundane, the scene is more boring than responsive. The words obviously impact Guts. Then the scene in the cave, the editing with the flashbacks, going back and forth, the music is so subdued...just feels so fucking amateurish.

I always imagined Mozgus just ferocious attacking the reprobate. The camera staying with the book and just a huge impact. Here looks so fucking sluggish.

This whole thing makes me sad. This episode is not a perfect adaptation at all, but it goes through most of the panels and it just feels so wrong. And every Friday I will watch it cause it's Berserk.

(those 2d closeups might annoy me more than the ugly 3d models).

HStallion

This new anime episode reminded me of the people who have just started into drawing and love some Berserk panels and try to mimic them and then post online for opinions. They tend to be ugly as fuck, but there's no need to be harsh against it. You can see the dedication, and how much they cherish the original work. You write a light critic, and move on. Well, now instead of being fan-art, it's actually a professional job. And it kinda becomes unacceptable. Nothing works. The Godo monologue sounds so stilt, the editing is so slow, mundane, the scene is more boring than responsive. The words obviously impact Guts. Then the scene in the cave, the editing with the flashbacks, going back and forth, the music is so subdued...just feels so fucking amateurish.

I always imagined Mozgus just ferocious attacking the reprobate. The camera staying with the book and just a huge impact. Here looks so fucking sluggish.

This whole thing makes me sad. This episode is not a perfect adaptation at all, but it goes through most of the panels and it just feels so wrong. And every Friday I will watch it cause it's Berserk.

(those 2d closeups might annoy me more than the ugly 3d models).

Hey fuck you to you!

Momentary

Banned

"Gatts" irritates me.

I'm so happy Miura laid down the law with his names. Even after that people still refused/refuse to call them that. The feel janky translations are truer. Blah.

"Gatts" irritates me.
Roshine instead of Rosine is like nails on a chalkboard to me. Also, when they translate Japanese honorifics spoken by non-Japanese characters in a setting that is clearly not Japan.

They used Gatsu in the localized dreamcast game, and even used it for spoken dialogue.

Figma Femto is up for pre-order on Amiami

Deluxe Birth of the Hawk of Darkness version:
I want it because that's my favorite manga cover art, but almost $100 for a figure? Eeeeeeeeh

HStallion

Roshine instead of Rosine is like nails on a chalkboard to me. Also, when they translate Japanese honorifics spoken by non-Japanese characters in a setting that is clearly not Japan.

They used Gatsu in the localized dreamcast game, and even used it for spoken dialogue.

I want it because that's my favorite manga cover art, but almost $100 for a figure? Eeeeeeeeh

Don't worry when they go out of stock their price will rise several fold and people will cry.

Yonafunu

Chapter 345 is up.

We get some stuff about the World Tree and what it is exactly, and Guts starts telling a bit of his story, but that's it really.

HStallion

Chapter 345 is up.

We get some stuff about the World Tree and what it is exactly, and Guts starts telling a bit of his story, but that's it really.

Going with a lot of theories that have been bouncing around this is actually some pretty exciting stuff concerning just what the Hell the God Hand are up to. It actually sounds like they're trying to force the world and universe to return to the way it was a thousand years ago, a world of myth and legend as real as human beings. People living side by side with all manner of supernatural beasts and entities and no longer being the dominant group in the world. Then it of course begs the question, what happened to the world so long ago to basically sever the ties between the real and astral worlds to the point where human's not believing in things actually caused them to disappear or cease to exist.

Edit: Its basically if in Lord of the Rings universe the Elves, Dwarves, etc. were just like,"Fuck the Fourth Age of Humanity. We're taking shit back and making it the way it was. Deal with it humanity!"

Top Bottom