• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Cash Money Songs Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am importing all my cash money CD's into itunes, as I just bought Lil Wayne's new album "The Carter" via itunes, and want to start making some cash money mixes...

i'll be doing a juvenile cd, a lil wayne cd and a big tymers cd of my favorite songs from each.. and eventually a BG one..

but i want to do a best of/singles type compilation off the bat..

what are your favorite songs; recommended? i am having a hard time narrowing it down.. if possible list like 10-15 that you'd pick to put on a cd if you were going to do it, but even just a few songs you think would have to be on it are good too..

Cloudy

Banned
That's all I got in my cash money folder :)

+03+TURK - Young & Thuggin - ITS N ME.mp3 5905 KB 6/21/2003 9:47:14 AM
11 Squad Up.wma 2218 KB 6/21/2003 2:01:48 AM
17_lilwayne_way_of_life.mp3 3656 KB 6/21/2003 1:01:18 AM
2.mp3 3994 KB 6/23/2003 11:38:50 PM
BG, Juvenile, Hot Boyz-- Bling Bling.mp3 4891 KB 6/21/2003 1:18:52 AM
Cash Money Millionaires - Project.mp3 4014 KB 6/21/2003 9:59:42 AM
Hotboys - We On Fire (1).mp3 3927 KB 6/23/2003 11:40:40 PM
Juvenile - Back That Ass Up.mp3 4191 KB 6/23/2003 11:26:06 PM
Juvenile-400 Degreez-12-Rich niggaz (2).mp3 4776 KB 6/21/2003 9:38:42 AM
Lil Wayne - 10 - Where You At - simplemp3s.mp3 4508 KB 6/21/2003 1:28:46 AM
Lil Wayne - Callin Me Killa.mp3 4128 KB 6/23/2003 11:46:00 PM
Lil Wayne - Fuck Tha World.mp3 3360 KB 6/21/2003 1:00:00 AM
Lil Wayne - Get Off The Corner.mp3 4466 KB 6/21/2003 1:02:04 AM
Lil Wayne - tha Block is Hot - 07 - Lights Out.mp3 2887 KB 6/23/2003 11:25:48 PM
TURK(YOUNG AND THUGIN)- UNTAMED GORILLA.MP3 3814 KB 6/21/2003 9:43:50 AM
Turk-06-Growing Up.mp3 2901 KB 6/21/2003 9:58:16 AM
lilwayne-14 Realized.mp3 3754 KB 6/21/2003 1:51:52 AM
turk - Hatin Me.mp3 1099 KB 6/21/2003 9:43:42 AM
turk 1 - what would you do.mp3 3163 KB 6/21/2003 10:55:54 AM

DMczaf

Cloudy said:
That's all I got in my cash money folder :)

+03+TURK - Young & Thuggin - ITS N ME.mp3 5905 KB 6/21/2003 9:47:14 AM
11 Squad Up.wma 2218 KB 6/21/2003 2:01:48 AM
17_lilwayne_way_of_life.mp3 3656 KB 6/21/2003 1:01:18 AM
2.mp3 3994 KB 6/23/2003 11:38:50 PM
BG, Juvenile, Hot Boyz-- Bling Bling.mp3 4891 KB 6/21/2003 1:18:52 AM
Cash Money Millionaires - Project.mp3 4014 KB 6/21/2003 9:59:42 AM
Hotboys - We On Fire (1).mp3 3927 KB 6/23/2003 11:40:40 PM
Juvenile - Back That Ass Up.mp3 4191 KB 6/23/2003 11:26:06 PM
Juvenile-400 Degreez-12-Rich niggaz (2).mp3 4776 KB 6/21/2003 9:38:42 AM
Lil Wayne - 10 - Where You At - simplemp3s.mp3 4508 KB 6/21/2003 1:28:46 AM
Lil Wayne - Callin Me Killa.mp3 4128 KB 6/23/2003 11:46:00 PM
Lil Wayne - Fuck Tha World.mp3 3360 KB 6/21/2003 1:00:00 AM
Lil Wayne - Get Off The Corner.mp3 4466 KB 6/21/2003 1:02:04 AM
Lil Wayne - tha Block is Hot - 07 - Lights Out.mp3 2887 KB 6/23/2003 11:25:48 PM
TURK(YOUNG AND THUGIN)- UNTAMED GORILLA.MP3 3814 KB 6/21/2003 9:43:50 AM
Turk-06-Growing Up.mp3 2901 KB 6/21/2003 9:58:16 AM
lilwayne-14 Realized.mp3 3754 KB 6/21/2003 1:51:52 AM
turk - Hatin Me.mp3 1099 KB 6/21/2003 9:43:42 AM
turk 1 - what would you do.mp3 3163 KB 6/21/2003 10:55:54 AM

vomit.jpg

Cloudy said:
Well...I only like Wayne and Turk. The rest all suck IMO :p

You should get "The Carter".. its a pretty good album, probably Wayne's best yet... it has more of an old-style cash money flow rather than 500 degreez big tymers influenced 2002/3 cash money flow.. though i do love 500 degreez.

am listening to turk's lone cash money album before putting out his kenoe produced albums.. "young and thugging" is good.. havent heard any of his new stuff...

Turk is COMPLETE garbage, and that's saying something for a Cash Money release.

I suggest you try getting ahold of a series of Wayne mixtapes called SQAD. They have original tracks, and freestyles over instrumentals. As good as he came off on The Carter, it doesn't touch some of the stuff he put down on the SQAD tapes.

The two well regarded albums from CMR are Juvenile's 400 Degreez and BGs Its All On You Volume II.

A lot of the best Cash Money work was done before they went major. If you give me a week or so, I'll get in contact with a few people and see what they have and suggest.

ZootedGranny said:
Turk is COMPLETE garbage, and that's saying something for a Cash Money release.

I suggest you try getting ahold of a series of Wayne mixtapes called SQAD. They have original tracks, and freestyles over instrumentals. As good as he came off on The Carter, it doesn't touch some of the stuff he put down on the SQAD tapes.

The two well regarded albums from CMR are Juvenile's 400 Degreez and BGs Its All On You Volume II.

A lot of the best Cash Money work was done before they went major. If you give me a week or so, I'll get in contact with a few people and see what they have and suggest.

I have everything after 400 degreez, and a few things from before, but not most of it.. which is mostly B.G. stuff I dont have..

400 degreez is amazing, its a greatest hits compilation unto itself...

kevm3

girl you look good when you back that thang up...
thanks for reminding me... I needa get that song immediately.

Ramirez

*Puts on Flame Suit*

Big Tymers-We can smoke (big money heavyweights)
Big Tymers-My Life (BMH again)
Lil Wayne-I miss my dawgs (Carter)
Juvenile-Back that ass up (400 Degreez)
Juvenile-Slow Motion (Juve the great)
Juvenile-Ha (400 Degreez)
B.G.-I Know (Checkmate,I think)
B.G.-Gunslinger (Checkmate)
B.G.-Bout my Paper (Chopper City in the Ghetto,think that was the name)
B.G.-R.I.P. (Livin Legend,although its not a CM CD :p)
Turk-Its In Me
Big Tymers-Get Your Roll On

Don't remember what CD this was on,but it was called "Change the World" I think,it had all of them on it.I know most people laugh at CM and don't like them,but they have always been fun to listen to,IMO...nothing to take serious,but for just setting a party mood you can't beat their beats...flame away!! :D

Ramirez said:
*Puts on Flame Suit*

Big Tymers-We can smoke (big money heavyweights)
Big Tymers-My Life (BMH again)
Lil Wayne-I miss my dawgs (Carter)
Juvenile-Back that ass up (400 Degreez)
Juvenile-Slow Motion (Juve the great)
Juvenile-Ha (400 Degreez)
B.G.-I Know (Checkmate,I think)
B.G.-Gunslinger (Checkmate)
B.G.-Bout my Paper (Chopper City in the Ghetto,think that was the name)
B.G.-R.I.P. (Livin Legend,although its not a CM CD :p)
Turk-Its In Me
Big Tymers-Get Your Roll On

Don't remember what CD this was on,but it was called "Change the World" I think,it had all of them on it.I know most people laugh at CM and don't like them,but they have always been fun to listen to,IMO...nothing to take serious,but for just setting a party mood you can't beat their beats...flame away!! :D

thats a good list, I cant find my checkmate album right now, its the only Cash money cd of mine I cant find...

also, nobody's mentioned Mack 10's CM album.. that cd was great! hate in yo eyes! do the damn thang!

just found my "Juvenile Presents UTP Playas" cd..

i actually enjoyed this album alot.. its production values werent that great, but some good rappers on there.. juvies great, and i like skip and wacko.. adn young buck (of g-unit) was actually in his posse then too.

I need to get that new Juvenile/Skip/Wacko CD i saw at best buy.. anyone have that? any good?

Ramirez

Shine is what I would consider crap,but to each his own I guess :p It sounded like a rap version of the Mario Bros. theme...

just narrowed down my favorites from my 23 cash money albums.. and it was 51 songs.. and that was being *STRICT* to what could be put in my list..

so its goign to be hard to make an ULTIMATE 1 cd mix..

ill probably do a 1 cd mix and then a multi-cd mix of the 51 songs..

going to be hard to get an optimum mix of stuff...

Um, you're missing some of the best, pre-universal deal. Cash Money was one of the most influential experiences in hip-hop like it or not.

GET THESE SINGLES...

B.G. Feat. The Big Tymers - Niggaz Don't Understand (The original Chopper City, not Chopper City in the Ghetto) - My favorite cash money song EVER. Damn I loved this song back in the day, and it still holds up to the test of time. Big Thumbs Up. Baby was sooooo much of a better rapper back then than his watered down form is now...At least I enjoyed the hardcore style he had.

Gone But Not Forgotten - B.G. Baby UNLV - (Pimp Daddy's Album - Pimpin' Still Aint Easy)

B.G. Feat. Big Tymers - Pimpin' Ain't Easy

A lot of other UNLV shit, too much to name...

Obviously Get the following albums...
Juvenile - Soulja Rags
Big Tymers - How U Luv That Vol 1 & 2
B.G. - It's All On U Vol 1 & 2
Hot Boys - Get It How U Live

choppercity.jpg

pimpdaddy.jpg

LuckyBrand said:
just narrowed down my favorites from my 23 cash money albums.. and it was 51 songs.. and that was being *STRICT* to what could be put in my list..

so its goign to be hard to make an ULTIMATE 1 cd mix..

ill probably do a 1 cd mix and then a multi-cd mix of the 51 songs..

going to be hard to get an optimum mix of stuff...

I hope you didn't miss those 3 singles i named.

kablooey

kablooey said:

Let me retract that. It's not an oxymoron. There can still be a "Best of" for something that's terrible (in this case, Cash Money). Now, if he had titled the thread "Good Cash Money Songs", then it would have been an oxymoron.

- Your resident Smartass

(For the record though, I thought "Shine" was decent. :p)

Ceros

Lil Wayne - Realized (the beat is fuckin flames)
B.G. - Hard Times
B.G. - Cash Money Is A Army
B.G. - Dog Ass (dumb song but the beat is jumpin)
B.G. - Knock Out (the fuckin hook is CMR classic)
B.G. - Playn it Raw
B.G. - Trigga Play
B.G. - Niggaz in trouble
Hot Boys - Tuesdays and Thurdays (FUCKIN CLASSIC CMR)
Hot Boys - We on Fire
Squad Up 3 - Grindin Freestyle
Squad Up 3 - Juve Diss
Hot Boys - Respect My Mind
Juve - Set It Off
Turk - Bout To Go Down
Turk - It's In Me
Turk - What Would You Do
Turk - Untamed Guerilla
Lil Wayne - Fuck With Me Now
Lil Wayne - Let's Go
Lil Wayne - Loud Pipes
Lil Wayne - Come On
Lil Wayne - High Beamin
And pretty much ANYTHING from Juve's 400 degreez. Oh yeah btw, fuck all the haters in this thread.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I agree with most of this thread. I do like Big Tymers - "Down South" alot though. It was on their latest CD.

Ceros

JeffDowns said:
If you can't stand it, why are you posting in a "BEST CASH MONEY SONGS EVER" thread? LOL.

Same goes for those who are trying to be "teh funnay" by saying the thread title is an oxymoron. Doesn't make any sense. Wether they like them or not CMR had a big influence on hip hop and their vintage shit is top knotch. I mean I don't like southern rap now cause back then it was on some gully shit...now its all about throwin bows in the club (please) and watchin strippers booty clap.(nothing wrong with that, but it gets old lol)

Ceros said:
Same goes for those who are trying to be "teh funnay" by saying the thread title is an oxymoron. Doesn't make any sense. Wether they like them or not CMR had a big influence on hip hop and their vintage shit is top knotch. I mean I don't like southern rap now cause back then it was on some gully shit...now its all about throwin bows in the club (please) and watchin strippers booty clap.(nothing wrong with that, but it gets old lol)

For sure, I can definitely respect that... the people hating have no clue. Old school Cash Money >>>> The majority of shit that's released today, in the south or not. It's just a case of them making fun of something they can't understand, or haven't experienced foreal. You can tell, because their naming all of their mainstream post-universal deal shit. Hate on haters, so I can continue to LOL @ your ignorance.

Triumph

Banned
Ceros said:
Lemme guess....you listen to Eminem???
Riiiiight...

Lemme look at my hip hop collection... let's see, we got some Public Enemy, we got some Rakim, we got some Common, we got some KRS-one, we got NWA, we got Jay-Z, some Biggie, but nope, no shitty commercial hip hop! And no lowest common denominator, shitty production with brainless thuggin attempts at "rhyme" either. Thanks for playing, though.

Ceros

Old CMR= not commercial
New CMR= commercial
Big Tymers= always been commercial

I mean yeah you're right if you consider the Big Tymers commercial. But the old Hot Boys?? C'mon. Maybe you're suffering from listening to shit like Shine, but if you listen to some of their old shit, you'll see what I'm talkin about. I gotta say that yes indeed, No Limit sucks arse, but yo....Cash Money???? I can't believe you can't see the big difference between the 2 camps. Atleast CMR had skills. (even from a group from the south....which IS saying alot lol)

Raoul Duke said:
Riiiiight...

Lemme look at my hip hop collection... let's see, we got some Public Enemy, we got some Rakim, we got some Common, we got some KRS-one, we got NWA, we got Jay-Z, some Biggie, but nope, no shitty commercial hip hop! And no lowest common denominator, shitty production with brainless thuggin attempts at "rhyme" either. Thanks for playing, though.

And thanks for being ignorant, like we said you haven't listened to any of the real CMR shit, so please don't comment on things you haven't experinced and/or understand. Just because you have those records in your library you think that gives you a free pass to be totally ignorant? LOL. YOU ARE the weakest link, goodbye.

Ceros said:

Maybe you haven't been to the South but, for the most part Southern rap has always been about strippers and booty shakers. People tend to forget that the Luke, Too Live, Magic Mike, Jam Pony, and King Edward J were the first to come out of the South. It really hasn't evolved much since then.

The South has always been about the booty. The east and west have always had a lock on hardness. Hardness was really brought to the south by the Geto Boys and UGK and then it moved to Eightball and MJG, 666 mafia (really 8Ball, MJG, and 666 are all one conglomeration) , Master P and then down to Atlanta.

karasu

Uh, The influence they had on rap music is making it suck. Britney Spears and Nsync had a huge impact on music too, sing their praises.

No the influence money is having on it makes it suck. But, oh well. Again most of the rappers out of the south are self financed because Southern rap wasn't a real medium. But, Rap music wasn't representing the South at all. If you werent some sort of gansta from out west or some lyricist from out east no one was feeling you but, no one in the South could relate. This is music that the South could relate to. And because it is genre netural more people could related to it.

Nor did the local MC that I grew up with. They sounded like what was hot at the time (Das Efx). That's not really the point. The South makes beats to dance to and to just party with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom