• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Billie bust up, an amazing musical platform adventure.

Impotaku

Just by total randomness on youtube a short appeared of this, an early access game called Billie bust up that's still been worked on. It looks amazing, a musical platformer that has a song list that feels like some weird tim burton musical number, the voicework and singing is soooo good. It's just the kind of weird & quirky game i love, hope it comes to consoles at some point, it's one i'll be keeping an eye on.

The devs youtube channel is here

Trilobit

It seems to be a game based around the elements I found the most stressful in classic 3D platformers. Cool music though.

Impotaku

Luckily the songs are great so i wouldn't mind repeating them again & again lol well maybe not the 100th time in a row. It's going to be quite a while before it's a complete game as they have only shown fragments so far but if they can tie these musical numbers in with some really fun 3D platform levels it will be something special. The animation is so smooth it's gorgeous it reminds me of cuphead.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I have been following the development of this game as well and you can just tell it's going to be a phenomenon when it comes out. I am not sure if it's for me but I guarantee my daughter will be obsessed.

Holammer

I learned about the game because 3d artist DJTHED is involved, the guy worked on a now abandoned Unity port of TF2 which looked pretty fricken' neat and it made some waves three years ago. He also worked on MY LITTLE PONY: A Maretime Bay Adventure, living the brony dream.

Anyway, great little music number. There's even a Family Guy death pose at the end.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Wow I’m surprised I hadn’t heard of this. That was really cool, and that song was great. Looks super creative. Gotta keep my eye on this.

I dig it as long as you don't need to advance with the rhythm. I can't get into rhythm fusion games.

ED: Did they really need to use the Peter Griffin death pose lmao

Last edited:

Codes 208

Ive seen dozens of gameplay/wip footage of the ‘a million gruesome ways to die’ on tiktok for the better part of the year already

Pretty catchy i might add

Last edited:
Top Bottom