• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Knight Sword |OT| Praise the Suda!

Anyone have any tips for the final boss in this game? I'm trying to do a no-shops run for the achievement so I'm pretty weak, and I just can't win. I can get through the first two stages with full health (so ten whole units) but the third stage wipes me out every time. I can avoid most of the patterns it throws at me most of the time but there's one that is just a stream of heads horizontally that are so dense I can't avoid them at all and I never have my sword to defend myself 'cause Hellebore's off doing other things. It just whittles me down because I have to hit it so many times that it gets more than fifty attacks in and I can't avoid them all, especially since I can't double jump or attack most of the time.

So frustrating.

I picked this up tonight after stumbling onto the demo. Gameplay is really rather standard hack and slash. But wow, the atmosphere is excellent. The music, art direction, sound effects and wacky Suda vibe are a homerun.

Graphics are pretty good. Nothing amazing but they convey the percieved theater experience well. The narrator is competent and enjoyable, albeit invoking vincent price perhaps a bit too much.

Difficulty ramps up fairly nicely and it does get challenging.

I dont know yo. I did not turn on my 360 tonight with the slightest inkling i'd play this game, let alone buy it. But at $10 the price is definitely right. I can sense it has already left a lasting impression on me.

If you appreciate vibe and atmosphere in games or just generally enjoy checking out new experiences, definitely pick this up.

PBMax

Ok, this game is awesome. The art design is just incredible -- the water section of level 2 is so beautiful.

Damn that level 2 boss! Need more reps to fugue out a pattern.

clear31

anyone else buying it now on sale??

edit:

guess no one cares for this at half off lol, or everyone who did want it already bought it at full price

Fuck the last Stage. Just fuck it. No fun, bad design, fuck it.

Taking all your upgrades on a Game Over is stupid too.

Stage 1-4 were kinda fun, but I don't know if I will ever finish the game because of the last Stage and I lost all my upgrades anyways...

Top Bottom