• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Rebirth of Souls is Being Announced Today

Draugoth

Gold Member

The official Tite Kubo & Staff account has basically confirmed a new Bleach game will appear at the Bandai Namco Entertainment panel at Anime Expo 2024 later tonight. Shueisha recently trademarked "Bleach: Rebirth of Souls,

Last edited:

cireza

The gameplay is from the super bland PS3 game. What a wasted opportunity this game was.

Good news, keeping an eye on this announcement. I love Bleach, but as it is not super popular, it will probably get a low budget. Hope it turns out decent, and also, on all consoles.

Last edited:

Fbh

Oh great, another fucking arena fighter.
Bleach, as well as a bunch of other shows like Demon Slayer, Jujutsu Kaisen, etc have so much potential for a cool character action game in the style of DMC or Bayonetta, or maybe something like Stellar Blade.

But nah, lets just make more low effort arena fighters and musous

Last edited:

nial

Bleach, as well as a bunch of other shows like Demon Slayer, Jujutsu Kaisen, etc have so much potential for a cool character action game in the style of DMC or Bayonetta, or maybe something like Stellar Blade.

Don't expect anything else from BNE.

killatopak

Gold Member
The last time I played a Bleach game it was incredibly fun even untranslated. I think it was sidescrolling brawler on the psp. I definitely prefer that over arena.

Lokaum D+

Desus And Mero Pass GIF by Bernie Sanders

Fbh

Don't expect anything else from BNE.

Yeah I know, it's not like I'm getting my hopes up whenever I hear rumors of a new anime game.
I just hope someday we get some anime/manga based games that get the same treatment as some comic books (like the Arkham Games or Spider Man Ps4)

March Climber

Gold Member

I feel like if they had waited just a few more years before greenlighting this game, it would have been a Soulslike instead of an easy basic action game:

gvympcm3vyu61.jpg

Last edited:

March Climber

Gold Member
I actually bought that one at launch lol.
But yeah even though I'm also a bit tired of all the souls likes, I'd still would have preferred that instead of the bland musou style game we got instead.
There's always going to be an 'in' genre for licensed anime games, so it simply becomes a 'pick your poison' situation. I'd rather have a soulslike or turn based mobile port be the poison than another arena fighter or musou.

Boss Mog

I know there will be live streamed Bleach events at anime expo, not sure if they will talk about the game or just part 3 of TYBW but I leave the links here:

Teaser for new opening:

Teaser for new ending:

Aion002

I really like Bleach, I even liked the PS2, Wii and PS3 games... But if it is a Ultimate Ninja Storm reskin I will wait for a 10 usd sale.

Nankatsu

The way the trailer is supposed to be seen:

Rebirth of Souls makes me think it's a rebirth of the Heat the Souls series. This is clearly a arena brawler.

Looks quite interesting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom