• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Blue Lives Matter" sign put up near site where Walter Scott was killed by the police

Yes. Both by the general public perception and in terms of punishment when it comes to assaulting one--the consequences are steeper. You kill a police k9 and probably get just as stiff sentencing, but police can come kill your dog all willy nilly with no recourse. They could kill me with impunity.

Lord, just the thought of this is infuriatingly heart breaking. A police dog's life is worth more than a black kid's.

"It's nothing negative against anybody."

Yeah dude, it's just a coincidence that you held up signs during a murderer's trial and then bought a fucking billboard to proudly advertise your ignorance and bigotry.

I don't get the Chris Pratt thing?

Game of internet telephone, basically. He shared a nice story on Facebook about a couple of cops who bought an underprivileged family car seats instead of giving them a ticket. Something something something, Chris Pratt doesn't like minorities.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I lived near by that area for the past 5 years. This does not surprise me.

I got an invite for a colonial reenactment festival the other day titled "See Charleston transformed back to the 1700s from June 9-11". Right, cause my black ass wants to celebrate the 1700s.

Soooo glad I moved away.

Mahonay

Banned
Blue Lives Matter is fucking disgusting. Blatantly racist and created to purposely devalue Black Lives Matter. You'll even see it in the New York area. I hate it.

Lkr

Blue Lives Matter drives me up the wall, not only for the obvious well-trodden reasons, but the fact that it's just a job. You're not a "blue life", you're a guy with a job. You signed up for the job. Do the job, do a little less murdering and abuse of the authority that your uniform represents, and quit worshiping yourself.
This is the most annoying part. No one goes around proclaiming that Starbucks barista lives matter. No one is praising teachers lives or doctors lives.

"No one said 'All Lives Matter' until we said 'Black Lives Matter'
No one said 'Men's Rights' until women said 'women's Rights'
No one said 'White History Month' until we said 'Black History Month'

"No one said 'All Lives Matter' until we said 'Black Lives Matter'
No one said 'Men's Rights' until women said 'women's Rights'
No one said 'White History Month' until we said 'Black History Month'

To be fair, anytime I have heard someone say "Why isn't there a white history month?" it has been tongue and cheek.

cr0w

Old Member
Chris Pratt's an admitted Republican.

giphy.gif

commedieu

Banned
To be fair, anytime I have heard someone say "Why isn't there a white history month?" it has been tongue and cheek.

To be fair, an entire white supremacist movement including members of law enforcement and politicians think and believe it.

I suppose if you personally haven't heard it seriously. Surely, it's a non issue. And was the entire point of that post you quoted.

What is your inspiration to see that post, then focus in on a personal anecdote for the last line..? Honestly I'd like to know. Do you see the statement the post is making? Or is it discounted because...?

Kart94

Banned
So, is this the talk shit about Chris Pratt for reasons that we won't show/prove thread? I can do that too: "Chris Pratt hates Witcher 3"

I thought this was the thread for the Blue Lives Matter sign.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
The sign is shitty, and the people who put it in that place are shitty as well. They know what they're doing. If you want to put a Blue Lives Matter sign somewhere, be more respectful about it. Just makes you look more like assholes than it already does in the first place.

So, is this the talk shit about Chris Pratt for reasons that we won't show/prove thread?

I thought this was the thread for the Blue Matters sign.

Sounds like libel. This thread needs a restart. lol

SPOILERS FOR GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY DUE TO THE CHRIS PRATT TALK

I thought the first chris pratt comment was a reference to a character death from the movie.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The sign is shitty, and the people who put it in that place are shitty as well. They know what they're doing. If you want to put a Blue Lives Matter sign somewhere, be more respectful about it. Just makes you look more like assholes than it already does in the first place.

Sounds like libel. This thread needs a restart. lol

The sign is shitty because "Blue Lives Matter" is racist to begin with. It drives me crazy that anyone doesn't get that you can't just replace "black" with something else and have it not be racist - there's no such thing as a "respectful" way to put up a sign designed to co-opt and dismiss the legitimate complaints of the black community.

Ray Wonder

The sign is shitty because "Blue Lives Matter" is racist to begin with. It drives me crazy that anyone doesn't get that you can't just replace "black" with something else and have it not be racist - there's no such thing as a "respectful" way to put up a sign designed to co-opt and dismiss the legitimate complaints of the black community.

Always glad to help.

I said the sign was shitty. You didn't help. They're already assholes for putting that sign up, putting it there makes them look even more so. You're searching for something in my post that isn't there.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I said the sign was shitty. You didn't help. They're already assholes for putting that sign up, putting it there makes them look even more so. You're searching for something in my post that isn't there.

I was supporting your post, dude. Not everything on the internet is an attack.

i love how fucking dumb this country is.

black lives matter = YOU HATE THE POLICE
blue lives matter =YOU HATE BLACKS

why cant i think African Americans have been disproportionately targeted, harmed, and killed by the police to unacceptable numbers while still showing support for law enforcement that does its job properly?

Ray Wonder

why cant i think African Americans have been disproportionately targeted, harmed, and killed by the police to unacceptable numbers while still showing support for law enforcement that does its job properly?

I think it's more so the phrase. I support good police, and appreciate that they do their job the right way. The phrase Blue Lives Matter derives directly from a play off of Black Lives Matter, though.

EDIT: As in someone saw Black Lives Matter, and said "Well, you know what, Blue Lives Matter"

mas8705

Really is a shame that it comes down to that point for some, isn't it? It is almost as if it has been forced on all participating parties apparently that should you pick one side, you have to apparently despise the other. Hell knows that we should be in agreement on one thing: Stop senseless killings. Otherwise, we run into problems where those who have this belief of "All cops are terrible!" think that the only way to resolve the issue is go with the "You take one of ours, we take two of yours!" approach and murder cops that had nothing to do with the case at hand.

As for all this nonsense about Chris Pratt, Who the hell cares? Unless if he has direct involvement with what this whole "Blue Lives Matter" sign story, this has nothing to do with him and honestly, I don't get why there has been this much talk about him. And hell, if this whole thing does have something to do with him saying whatever what was said previously about Blue lives matter was already cleared up already and he did apologize for it saying the following: "That was actually a pretty stupid thing to say. I'll own that. There's a ton of movies about blue collar America."

But hey, alot of other people called out this guy for the dumb response, would be redundant to make it one more...

"Blue Lives Matter" literally IS a racist, specifically anti-black, movement though. There's nothing wrong with showing general support for cops probably doing their jobs, but the movement literally exists as a way to mute the Black Lives Matter movement by deliberately supporting the very issues BLM rails against, under the veil of "supporting our law enforcement doing their jobs".

Slayven

Blue Lives Matter was literally created as a response to the rampant killing of black people by the police, Police has had unions and PR for years. but they suddenly come up with that phrase>?

And the shooting this sign is in response to, the cop shot the fleeing man in the back. Is that doing their job properly enough to warrant a sign?

Top Bottom