• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bomba in Canada: inFamous - $29.99 ($40 off)

Firestorm

This has been in the Canada thread all month but the price point just went live so this is a note to the unwashed heathens to remember that inFamous is $29.99 until the end of July 2nd.

Best Buy
Future Shop
EB Games will also be price matching this deal. Ask for a manager. They were told to do so.

Get it, then play evil.

"You know the problem with inFamous is it's almost too much fun."

Odyssey said:
Buy this. Hands down the best superhero sandbox game.
I wouldn't say hands down but yeah it's a pretty rad game.

Bomba? have we got NPD Canada numbers yet?

Anyway I traded in some games to get Infamous at ebgames due to the price, $69.99 is really a lot of money and I can't justify paying that price these days. I'll be renting/trading till prices go back down again to $59.

Proc

CrushDance said:
Bomba? have we got NPD Canada numbers yet?

Anyway I traded in some games to get Infamous at ebgames due to the price, $69.99 is really a lot of money and I can't justify paying that price these days. I'll be renting/trading till prices go back down again to $59.

yeah, I'm the same way. I either have games to trade in for a new release or I just don't bother.

Firestorm

Proc said:
what a dirty deal. probably one of if not the best deal yet canada has seen this year.
Lost Odyssey / Dead Space / Mass Effect for $10ea, PS3 + Hot Shots Golf + Uncharted for $350, 360 Arcade for $150... I dunno man =P

Proc

Firestorm said:
Lost Odyssey / Dead Space / Mass Effect for $10ea, PS3 + Hot Shots Golf + Uncharted for $350, 360 Arcade for $150... I dunno man =P

You're right. Those were dirty. Infamous has so much of the new and shiny going for it though.

Pachinko

60-70 dollars in canada yes. depends on the game though, infamous happens to be a 70 dollar game but most of what I see on the shelf is going for 60 with wii /psp selling for 50 or less.

Firestorm

Pachinko said:
60-70 dollars in canada yes. depends on the game though, infamous happens to be a 70 dollar game but most of what I see on the shelf is going for 60 with wii /psp selling for 50 or less.
You're not looking at new games then. Anything before a certain point is $59.99. Just about everything in the last 6 months has been at pre-2008 price levels.
-COOLIO- said:
WHOA. WILL BUY TOMMOROW
Do an in-store pickup.

Odyssey said:

Gotta agree. This is even better than Crackdown imho, and that's saying a lot. Great powers, nice collectables, tons of variety in the campaign and side missions. Lots of destruction, great graphics, great travel abilities, and a rarity: smart game design.

Its got everything.

Proc

NullPointer said:
Gotta agree. This is even better than Crackdown imho, and that's saying a lot. Great powers, nice collectables, tons of variety in the campaign and side missions. Lots of destruction, great graphics, great travel abilities.

Its got everything.

Its definitely a game that will stay on my shelf. I can't say that about many other single player games.

DrPirate

Banned
Odyssey said:

Besides my price whining, I'd just like to say I will be waiting tomorrow morning at BestBuy for this.

I've been waiting to play Infamous for a while. Can't wait.

Firestorm

DrPirate said:
Besides my price whining, I'd just like to say I will be waiting tomorrow morning at BestBuy for this.

I've been waiting to play Infamous for a while. Can't wait.
Dude. Just do an in-store pickup now. It has a stock check online. If your store has it in stock, they'll grab it for you and put it away for you. Better than waiting and getting nothing.

DrPirate

Banned
Firestorm said:
Dude. Just do an in-store pickup now. It has a stock check online. If your store has it in stock, they'll grab it for you and put it away for you. Better than waiting and getting nothing.

Done.

You are now my favorite poster. I've never done online instore pickup before. Thanks alot man.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
If anyone's interested in buying me one and sending it to me in Korea I'll paypal them the money needed. PM me.

DrPirate

Banned
CrushDance said:
It's $76 after taxes at $69.99 lulz.

Screw that.

69.99 * .145 = 10.15

10.15 + 69.99 = 80.14

(I know I know, call me a cheapo, tell me that if I don't like spending money I'm in the wrong hobby) But right now I'm a student, when I get my degree I'll quit complaining.

Besides, in the meantime, I've always got Steam. You can't beat Mass Effect for 20 bucks, or I just bought 3 of those Meridian 4 games at 3 bucks a piece.... Steam spoiled me.

Firestorm

Icarus said:
Do Canadian sites ship to the US?
Nope.
DrPirate said:
Besides, in the meantime, I've always got Steam. You can't beat Mass Effect for 20 bucks, or I just bought 3 of those Meridian 4 games at 3 bucks a piece.... Steam spoiled me.
$10 for Mass Effect retail ;) Although for PC I think the extra cash for Steam convenience is worth it.

Just bought my copy on bestbuy.ca, will pick it up in the morning. I refuse to pay $80 tax in for games ever again, even if it means waiting a few weeks after a release for the inevitable bomba deals.

Grayman

I think I'll cave and pay full price(or higher if there is the rumored all dlc ever option) for GT5 but that is it for me and full price console games.

DrPirate

Banned
Grayman said:
I think I'll cave and pay full price(or higher if there is the rumored all dlc ever option) for GT5 but that is it for me and full price console games.

Likewise, but for God of War 3.

And Alan Wake.

No_Style said:
Really no excuse for PS3 owners not to buy this game now. Do it! :D

I can think of one, but feel free to disprove me 'cause I'm not sure it's true. Exclusive Gamestop content? For real, not a code that works in all copies. I read that this is true, and I also read the not relevant rebuttal that it's useless content.

UraMallas

beermonkey@tehbias said:
Hulk
Crackdown (hey, if The Punisher is a superhero, agents of the Agency qualify)
Spiderman
Prototype
Not a superhero game and inFAMOUS is definitely not better than it. It's definitely worth $30, though.

Dreavus

I'm ready for this.

Got my copy and a copy for a friend last week and I still have them sealed. It's a good thing too because I'm pretty sure the store I bought it from is now sold out. D:

Top Bottom