• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Border Patrol chief out day after Trump border fence decree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The chief of the Border Patrol has left the agency that's in charge of securing America's borders with Mexico and Canada.

According to a U.S. official and a former official, Border Patrol agents have been told that Mark Morgan is no longer on the job. It's not immediately clear whether Morgan resigned or was asked to leave.

The U.S. official wasn't authorized to discuss the move before a public announcement and spoke on condition of anonymity. The former official asked not to be identified before a government announcement.

Morgan's departure comes a day after President Donald Trump announced plans to build a wall at the Mexican border and hire 5,000 Border Patrol agents.

fCAODkJ.png

zethren

Banned
Keep those resignations coming until the government can no longer function.

Problem is we are losing the good ones, which will leave holes for Trump to fill with more lackies.

But regardless, anything to make these stupid plans of his more difficult is a good thing probably.

liquidtmd

Banned
I'd quit too.

Probably go to the office. Drink a bottle of scotch. Ask the office if everyone knew why I was quitting. Toast with them. Wish them good luck. Then go hit up the nearest gin bar and never look back.

daveo42

Banned
So Ryan and the Tea Party gonna get their limited government by people leaving the job? I mean, good for them since Trump is leading them towards doubling the nation debt in the next decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom