• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands The Pre-Sequel! NEW Gameplay Vid (New Area, Vehicles, and More!)

GamerSoul

Edit: Gamespot has released their next BL video previewing the character: Wilhem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06hDWvH0xSE

Escapist News Walkthrough of Wilhelm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tcS1BQGsCM

Playable characters.

BLPS_E3_VaultHunters.0_cinema_960.0.jpg

Athena the Gladiator:
charimage_athena_xl.jpg

“Former leader of a secret branch of the Crimson Lance: The Omega Squad. An elite trained assassin and born leader. Athena fights on the frontline with her custom Aspis kinetic shield absorbing damage and defending her allies. She was born to lead, and does not suffer fools.”
– Matt Armstrong, Borderlands Franchise Director

http://borderlandsthegame.com/index.php/news/us-cosplay-character-guide

Nisha the Law Bringer
nisha-charguide-20140516-blogimage.png

“Nisha is tall, lean, and full of ornery. She’s the baddest girl in the Borderlands, with a mean streak a mile wide. But hell, at least she wears it with a smile.”
http://borderlandsthegame.com/index.php/news/us-nisha-cosplay-character-guide

Wilhelm the Enforcer
wilhelm-charguide-20140522-bigpic.jpg

“Wilhelm. Galaxy famous mercenary. Undefeated warrior. After an injury forced him to get a replacement mechanical eye, he becomes obsessed with the idea of upgrading through technology. When Jack offers him access to the greatest augmentation technology Hyperion has to offer, he joins without hesitation, oblivious to the loss of humanity he has doomed himself to.”

http://borderlandsthegame.com/index.php/news/us-wilhelm-cosplay-reference-guide

ClapTrap

https://downloads.2kgames.com/borderlandsthegame/img/cosplaykit/claptrap-charguide-20140530-pic1.jpg[img]
[I]
“Claptrap is Claptrap. For better or worse …mostly worse.”
[/I]
[/QUOTE]

NPCs

Jack
[QUOTE]
[img]https://downloads.2kgames.com/borderlandsthegame/img/cosplaykit/entry-20140603-Jack-pic1.jpg

"Handsome Jack. A hero. The hero. He may look like a middle management worker at a huge corporation, but don't doubt the truth. This is a VERY HANDSOME middle management worker just waiting for the right opportunity. And if that opportunity involves lots of people dying, that’s fine. He can deal. Because that’s what heroes do. They win when lots of people die."

Moxxi
Moxxi%201stpage.jpg

“Moon Moxxi is directly inspired by some of the more retro sci-fi fashion treatments from films in the past. Lots of Flash Gordon and vinyl here!”
-Brian Cozzens, Art Director Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
--Older stuff
Just in case some did not know, earlier in the day IGN posted a fairly lengthy game-play video showcasing Athena the Gladiator (with a review of her awesome skills!!) in a new location. We have not really had a good look of her Ceraunic Storm tree until now and it looks great and incredibly well created, imo. It also features some new enemies and a look at the vehicles in the game. One being the Sting Ray which will have the ability to boost upwards. There may have been a Pink Floyd references if i'm not mistaking. lol maybe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yxx2RQleW4

Gamespot also posted one going over the same area but there's also some interesting stuff here too! If I'm not mistaken, This vid shows off some of her C. Storm tree in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlp3-Qq5Cu4

I found this on the official forums (credit to DelightfullyRandom on there). it's from Rev3 and near the end Tara mentions they will have gameplay of Wilhem next week and the week after that NISHA, who we have yet to see in action so just a heads up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpaIJhz6J1A

petghost

Banned
OP sounds like they work for Gearbox.

posting about a gearbox game in a non snarky way = working for gearbox i guess

i hope in future borderlands game they focus on making movement faster and more acrobatic. the jetpack stuff in this game seems pretty cool but not game changing.

GamerSoul

dat Second Wind

OP sounds like they work for Gearbox.

lol nice. :0

but nah I'm just a little hyped for this game. I've been following this closely and so far, I like what I see. Especially from Athena.

edit: and yea petghost I wonder if some of the concepts in this game will be expanded on in later titles. I hope they take ideas for faster movements into consideration.

Gonna be skipping this, have zero intention of going back to PS3/360. Cannot wait to see the next BL on PS4/X1. The Pre-Sequel just feels really dated, especially with Destiny coming out.

GamerSoul

Gonna be skipping this, have zero intention of going back to PS3/360. Cannot wait to see the next BL on PS4/X1. The Pre-Sequel just feels really dated, especially with Destiny coming out.

I've heard a number of people saying this and I hope they do release it on the PS4/X1 for those who wouldn't buy it other wise. IIRC, there is a petition by some fans for that cause. One one hand I understand why they are releasing it on the 360/PS3: it takes place in between games that were originally released on the older systems and they feel that their base is still there. On the other hand, the newer systems will likely be able to handle all the particles and physics better and give an experience comparable to the PC for those who care about having the smoothest experience possible. We'll see in time, i guess but the idea is out there.

Yea, I already pre-ordered Destiny to try the beta and i'm intrigued by their take on the loot/shoot system. Borderlands was my first go at the genre so it's more for me but Destiny looks great too.

Silky

Banned

Borderlands is a completely different game compared to Destiny.

Do you think an established franchise won't sell more than a new IP? Borderlands is huge and I have no doubts that the game will perform better on the already established playerbase+PC.

How does a game 'feel' dated. Have you played Pre-Sequel? What makes this game 'feel' any different from 2, if I may ask?

I've heard a number of people saying this and I hope they do release it on the PS4/X1 for those who wouldn't buy it other wise. IIRC, there is a petition by some fans for that cause. One one hand I understand why they are releasing it on the 360/PS3: it takes place in between games that were originally released on the older systems and they feel that their base is still there. On the other hand, the newer systems will likely be able to handle all the particles and physics better and give an experience comparable to the PC for those who care about having the smoothest experience possible. We'll see in time, i guess but the idea is out there.

Yea, I already pre-ordered Destiny to try the beta and i'm intrigued by their take on the loot/shoot system. Borderlands was my first go at the genre so it's more for me but Destiny looks great too.

Nah, I'm not port-begging, even if they released it on PS4/X1 I wouldn't pick it up. It is blatantly obvious that the focus and drive of the game was releasing it on PS3/360. I'm passing entirely on this game and will just wait for the next BL game.

Borderlands is a completely different game compared to Destiny.

Do you think an established franchise won't sell more than a new IP? Borderlands is huge and I have no doubts that the game will perform better on the already established playerbase+PC.

How does a game 'feel' dated. Have you played Pre-Sequel? What makes this game 'feel' any different from 2, if I may ask?

It is a completely different game other than the whole FPS/MMO/Talent-tree/Loot-fest...so it is basically the same type of game.

I think Destiny will outsell BL.

I think you answered you own question, it doesn't feel/and-or look any different than 2...thus dated. It could have been an expansion/dlc and no one would have batted an eye.

Silky

Banned
It is a completely different game other than the whole FPS/MMO/Talent-tree/Loot-fest...so it is basically the same type of game.

I think you answered you own question, it doesn't feel/and-or look any different than 2...thus dated. It could have been an expansion/dlc and no one would have batted an eye.

I wouldn't call Destiny a Loot-Fest. At least not what I've played of it so far. Weapon drops aren't as often as I expected (within every mission I get around 1-2 very good weapons compared to Borderlands 5-7 shit weapons and 2-3 decent ones.) Chests are actually 'rare' in the game/not as abundant as Borderlands, as well.

Borderlands is also a very stat focused games, and the 'differences' of the weapons wether it be burst fire/rapid fire/ quick triggering/ etc don't matter as much as it does as Destiny. Weapon effects are actually worth a damn in Destiny. 'Resists/Advantages' matter as well.

It's also..pretty tough to grind out currency in Destiny. It's an Action-RPG, sure, but only in name imo.

I haven't played Pre-Sequel so I can't comment on how a game 'feels'. Only by it's looks. Yes, it does look like an expansion of 2 (which isn't a bad thing--I like BL.) but that's it. I can't make a comment if 2K fixed the issues that BL2 has with enemy spawning and health, weapon balancing (or lackthereof) and story because I haven't fucking played the game

I wouldn't call Destiny a Loot-Fest. At least not what I've played of it so far. Weapon drops aren't as often as I expected (within every mission I get around 1-2 very good weapons compared to Borderlands 5-7 shit weapons and 2-3 decent ones.) Chests are actually 'rare' in the game/not as abundant as Borderlands, as well.

Borderlands is also a very stat focused games, and the 'differences' of the weapons wether it be burst fire/rapid fire/ quick triggering/ etc don't matter as much as it does as Destiny. Weapon effects are actually worth a damn in Destiny. 'Resists/Advantages' matter as well.

It's also..pretty tough to grind out currency in Destiny. It's an Action-RPG, sure, but only in name imo.

I haven't played Pre-Sequel so I can't comment on how a game 'feels'. Only by it's looks. Yes, it does look like an expansion of 2 (which isn't a bad thing--I like BL.) but that's it. I can't make a comment if 2K fixed the issues that BL2 has with enemy spawning and health, weapon balancing (or lackthereof) and story because I haven't fucking played the game

I haven't played it either, but it is because of Destiny that I have zero intentions of getting BL:pS. Destiny is on the PS4 and it offers the exact same gameplay+more. You are really trying to stretch how different the two games are, when they really aren't that different. Sure you are gonna have balance differences between stats/resists/effects/etc. but at the core they play very similarly.

Had BL:pS (Shit title) been a PS4/X1 game from the ground up we might be having a different conversation. As it stands, for me, BL:pS just seems like an expansion/DLC to BL2. One that GB wants to charge full price for. I enjoyed the hell out of the original BL and BL2, enough so that I doubled dipped on both. With that said, I don't want an expansion, I want a new game.

GamerSoul

I don't want to turn this into a BL/Destiny debate but just one more thing. I still have to wait for the 360 beta to get a chance to play Destiny so I can't comment on how it plays, but thanks Silky for some insight. Yea it looks like a totally different and larger beast altogether but i know those comparison will be made.

And agreed, we already know TPS looks similar but there are others issues that we can't comment on yet until we get to play it. But so far, I like how they're constructing the Skill Trees.

Nah, I'm not port-begging, even if they released it on PS4/X1 I wouldn't pick it up. It is blatantly obvious that the focus and drive of the game was releasing it on PS3/360. I'm passing entirely on this game and will just wait for the next BL game.

I gotcha. it's all good. i didn't think you were but sorry if I came across in that fashion.

I feel the same. I havent even played a lot of the lastest DLC for the second Borderlands, will play and beat that before I try this version of borderlands.

BigDug13

Is Destiny a "loot fest"? I see some item drops and some treasure chests. Some.

Is Destiny really about deep skill trees? So far from what I've seen, you pick the class and pretty much unlock his linear set of skills as you level.

The enemy variety, comedy, good voice acting, artistic world.

They're similar genres, but much different games IMO.

ImSooFlye

the game looks good for the fans but i still can't get into the series even when i downloaded during the free steam weekend

Top Bottom