• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Botanicula |OT| A Game by Jaromír Plachý and Amanita Design

Really sad to see this game didn't get much attention on here, it's been a strong year for games so far but this one is definitely up there.

I get excited when I see this thread bumped then sad it's only at three pages. :\

It just oozes charm, my only complaint is some of the mouse controls don't work as well as they should... this became most annoying in the
escape from the worm sequence
and the
shooter sequence against the spiders at the end

This may have been cheating... but I
used my Wacom tablet for both of these parts. I found them kinda annoying with the mouse

HoosTrax

Yup, awesome game, I just beat it myself...
116/123

Really sad to see this game didn't get much attention on here, it's been a strong year for games so far but this one is definitely up there. It just oozes charm, my only complaint is some of the mouse controls don't work as well as they should... this became most annoying in the
escape from the worm sequence
and the
shooter sequence against the spiders at the end
I actually had no trouble at all with the two sequences you mentioned using a mouse (Logitech G9x). Any FPS-oriented mouse with a high polling rate should be plenty accurate and smooth enough.

The sequences that killed me were
flinging the little cherry bugs into the cone
and
flinging the pile of sheep off of the chestnut kid
. The game's sensitivity for detecting the mouse cursor motion seems to be really low.

Just got this game from the Steam Sale and wow.... this game is pretty awful. Most of the "puzzles" so far are pure trial and error and despite all the supposed charm it feels very hollow and empty. Terrible game, glad there's other stuff in the bundle to try.

Vecks

Just finished this game last night. Loved it, even if it wasn't quite as traditional as Machinarium. I found myself constantly surprised by all the random little activities strewn across the game. The end sequence in particular was pretty neat.

Stainless

After completing Machinarium, I decided to buy this after looking at a few quick videos. I got it for $3.49 on Humble Store. So far I think it's pretty entertaining

Top Bottom