• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brady Bunch's Susan Olsen (Cindy Brady) fired as radio host after homophobic rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDX

'Brady Bunch's Susan Olsen (Cindy Brady) fired as radio host after homophobic Facebook rant

6gOIL9O.png

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...-radio-show-homophobic-rant-article-1.2906173

Here's the story of a not-so-lovely lady.

Actress Susan Olsen — who played the youngest daughter Cindy on "The Brady Bunch" — was just fired from her hosting gig on an L.A. radio show over a homophobic rant she sent over Facebook.

The Donald Trump supporter co-hosted the show "Two Chicks Talkin' Politics" before she was dismissed by the station, according to reports.

Olsen used the slur "f----t" over and over again toward openly gay actor Leon Acord-Whiting, who decided to publish the once private message publicly.

The former child star's rant followed an appearance by Acord-Whiting on the radio show and a subsequent Facebook post he made where he accused Olsen of spreading "outrageous information" and being "dangerous and unprofessional."

Olsen, 55, posted numerous statuses on Facebook addressing the controversy, noting that "Trump is right" and will listen. She also shared that people should be able to have different opinions.

http://www.towleroad.com/2016/12/susan-olsen/

Leon Acord-Whiting, the actor/writer/producer and activist behind the web series Old Dogs & New Tricks, was not happy when he heard L.A. talk radio host Susan Olsen (formerly Cindy Brady of The Brady Bunch), “spewing” misinformation and decided to call her out on it. Sheena Metal and Olsen host the show ‘Two Chicks Talkin’ Politics’.

Said Acord-Whiting:

“It is wildly irresponsible for LA Talk Radio to allow a Trump fanatic to co-host one of their programs, where she can spew her idiotic lies unchecked. (Being a liberal and a patriot are mutually exclusive? Hillary is causing the protests & hate crimes? The Koran is a political tract?) As much as I love Sheena Metal, I think LA Talk Radio needs to give “Cindy Brady” her walking papers. I will not listen to or appear on any shows there from this point forward until she’s gone. This isn’t just disagreeing on, say, tax plans or foreign policy. Susan Olsen spreads outrageous misinformation & it is dangerous and unprofessional.”​

gIpdNMO.jpg

0LaaYsz.jpg

Her employer responded

Yg6aHba.jpg

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yikes, those messages. Looks like the kind of shit you'd get from beating someone in an Xbox deathmatch game.

Get fucked Olsen, good on LA Talk Radio.

Why is it that bigots don't ever have proper syntax or grammar? I get that most bigots are idiots, but they had to at least pass a third grade English class.

The downsides (silver linings) of assholes being emboldened.

You aren't Donald Trump and Donald Trump won't come to your rescue when your new found pride in your hatred fucks you in the eye.

Continue to reveal yourselves though.

You know, offhand comment. But when the word is F--T and I have no idea what the word could be..... I'm honestly proud I can't figure it out. As for the story prepare for more of this kind of shit, in a world where trump is president hate is just going to be the new normal.

Jackpot

Banned
Can only imagine what her old cast members think of her seeing as the "dad" was gay and the two oldest "sisters" had a brief lesbian relationship.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
the realest spoken throughout the whole campaign

But we mustn't call them that. There wittle feelings will be hurt. Poor wittle things.

The Iron Belt has been dead and dying since I've been alive, more than 28 years. Thank Reagan for gutting any collective power challenge.

Spectone

You know, offhand comment. But when the word is F--T and I have no idea what the word could be..... I'm honestly proud I can't figure it out. As for the story prepare for more of this kind of shit, in a world where trump is president hate is just going to be the new normal.

Faggot

Welcome to just the tip of the iceberg of the next 4÷ years.

This will be the norm, as disgusting as it is.

Have you even listened to am radio lately?
We need to fight this garbage tooth and nail, but where do we begin?

I would join any group that will oppose bullshit right wing hate spewing media in a second. All I wish is that progressives ( not necessarily Democrats) can come together and fight this shit.

Get all the people that voted Bernie on board. We have to change this shit from the ground up., its the only way.

We cant let hate speech dominate the radio like it has, its the #1 poison polluting this country

UberTag

Cindy Brady was always the beloved pigtailed blonde kid on TV growing up whereas Nellie Oleson from Little House on the Prairie was vilified.

But guess who the better human being is...

nellie12.jpg

That's right. It's Alison Arngrim (AIDS activist).

Impotaku

Here's the story of a lovely lady
Who was bringing up two very lovely girls.
All of them had hair of gold, like their mother,
The homophobic one had curls.

Monocle

Trash.

And people say we are too "politically correct".

Ladies and gents, this is the alternative.
Perhaps it is possible to find a middle ground. We just need to listen more carefully so we can understand her concerns better.

Also, if libruls love tolerance so much, why can't they tolerate different opinions???

RinsFury

Trump is emboldening the hateful behaviour of his deplorables. His hatred is giving them the courage to reveal their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom