• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Phades

They must not have a big support team for whatever servers are being updated now, or there are other problems that came up following the update.

They came down (officially) at 6am pst IIRC.

That seems like a pretty long downtime for an update for a mobile phone game, compared to say an MMO for example.

ReaperXL7

Only 3 new characters, so I'll be saving my monies and buying no gems.

How about when they add Saga characters?

wiki

Phades

Something is wrong with the imperial capital after the update for receiving keys. It keeps crashing out the program and citing some link that disappears too fast for me to capture.

Totem dungeon isn't under the vortex either.

Lockon

Finally added my ID on google doc.

I wish they would release all 6 new characters at once, but I'm sure they'll release the other 3 within a week or 2 (hopefully).

Also, can't get my metal key, game crash trying to get it. Anyone else? Hope its just not me lol.

colinp

Banned
Only 10 rare summons in a row to get a guaranteed four star?? What a deal!

Boooooooooooo, Alim. Booooo.

Also, news still comes up black on load.

ReaperXL7

Yeah I can get into the capital and enter the building that you get your keys from, but when I tap on the receive key button it kicks me back to my phones home screen.

Seems like they added a bunch of cool stuff but the crashing is annoying. I'm curious if they added the jewel keys yet.

Only 10 rare summons in a row to get a guaranteed four star?? What a deal!

Boooooooooooo, Alim. Booooo.

Also, news still comes up black on load.

Lol well I think you have a guaranteed shot at a 4 star within that first 10 so it COULD be your first pull in theory. They want your money though :p

I want Behemoth but I'm choosing to wait around for dark unit pull rate increase.

NH Apache

Banned
Yeah I can get into the capital and enter the building that you get your keys from, but when I tap on the receive key button it kicks me back to my phones home screen.

Seems like they added a bunch of cool stuff but the crashing is annoying. I'm curious if they added the jewel keys yet.

Lol well I think you have a guaranteed shot at a 4 star within that first 10 so it COULD be your first pull in theory. They want your money though :p

I want Behemoth but I'm choosing to wait around for dark unit pull rate increase.

Mine is force closing on the key receive as well.

chrono01

My game just freezes on "Connecting...".

I just want to get my Metal Key. ~_~

I think I know why, I can't update it. It's not even listed on the Canadian App store.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
So every time I try to sell this Jewel King... it reverts back when I switch screens or hit back.

BTW, there's an update.. you need to update to get it to connect.

chrono01

So every time I try to sell this Jewel King... it reverts back when I switch screens or hit back.

BTW, there's an update.. you need to update to get it to connect.
Unfortunately, it's not on the Canadian App Store so I can't update.

Apparently, only the US has it listed. :(

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Decided to just eat a stone a do level 3 Alma for the drop. Got the stone back and got Breaker Alma. Don't really care too much about the type since at this point, I just wanted her. Next time she comes back, I will hopefully be able to farm level 3.

Now onto leveling my thunder team!

Jinko

Had to reinstall the game as it wouldnt download the update, would have been screwed if I hadnt linked to facebook.

Looks like they've added more rpg elements, still missing the elemental ghost dungeons though.

colinp

Banned
Had to reinstall the game as it wouldnt download the update, would have been screwed if I hadnt linked to facebook.

Looks like they've added more rpg elements, still missing the elemental ghost dungeons though.

.? Is the server back up? Says it's busy for me.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Have they changed the way keys work? The way the new blurb read was that you won't get a key daily or something?

ReaperXL7

Have they changed the way keys work? The way the new blurb read was that you won't get a key daily or something?

It was never strictly daily that you got keys. They distribute keys on specific dates which are listed once you collect your key.

For instance they just added Jewel keys and the first one will be available for collection on the 11th.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It was never strictly daily that you got keys. They distribute keys on specific dates which are listed once you collect your key.

For instance they just added Jewel keys and the first one will be available for collection on the 11th.

Ah OK. The way it read sounded like they were going to severely limit metal keys to prevent people from super farming it. I will say, the one thing I don't like about BF is how difficult it is to level your units. It's SUPER expensive, too. Thankfully, weekend dungeon level 3 gives good zel and experience.

Jinko

Nah its the same ad usual, you can go to the npc innthe city to see when you get your next key, looks like alternating between jewel and metal.

Agree about it being expensive I skipped the weekend dungeons last week and im down to 4000 zel right now and a bunch of king ghosts sitting in my inventory.

Edit:- Just did 5 pulls, got Ice Mage Dean - 4 star breaker, Undine - 3 star Anima, Necromancer Lemia - 4 star Anima, Thunderbird - 3 star Lord and Elimo - 3 star Breaker.

Pretty happy with that, I already have a Thunderbird but the rest I don't own and all good types.

Phades

Nah its the same ad usual, you can go to the npc innthe city to see when you get your next key, looks like alternating between jewel and metal.

Agree about it being expensive I skipped the weekend dungeons last week and im down to 4000 zel right now and a bunch of king ghosts sitting in my inventory.

Edit:- Just did 5 pulls, got Ice Mage Dean - 4 star breaker, Undine - 3 star Anima, Necromancer Lemia - 4 star Anima, Thunderbird - 3 star Lord and Elimo - 3 star Breaker.

Pretty happy with that, I already have a Thunderbird but the rest I don't own and all good types.

Those are decent pulls, but 25 gems? Lol, you hoarder.

Ah OK. The way it read sounded like they were going to severely limit metal keys to prevent people from super farming it. I will say, the one thing I don't like about BF is how difficult it is to level your units. It's SUPER expensive, too. Thankfully, weekend dungeon level 3 gives good zel and experience.

Yeah, but you only have to level up your folks once. Unless, you plan on expanding your unit inventory, there will only be so many units to level up. On the weeked, I've managed to get 500~700k fairly easy and if they start distributing keys to the jewl dungeon during the week, cashflow should be no issue really.

Phades

Evolved to Hero Alma today. I'm really liking the Alma/Aem bb boost leader abilities.

It also looks like the Will/Alice/Lava/etc line of units will be getting 6 star evos and the vortex units will be getting 5 star evos. http://www.a-lim.jp/brave/news/news_0135.html

Well if they do that, then what content is going to be released to be challenging for folks who have those units? Hopefully, they don't bump the existing content up, because having to stop to get an idol before you even get to st lamia seems a bit much.

Jinko

Well if they do that, then what content is going to be released to be challenging for folks who have those units? Hopefully, they don't bump the existing content up, because having to stop to get an idol before you even get to st lamia seems a bit much.

Jp has some hero dungeon, also they are adding another map around the middle of this month and possible beta testing for raid content towards the end of it.

Im sure I also read that totem dungeons are up continously on the jp version, cant check I uninstalled it. (Edit, nevermind itwas for a special 4 day event)

Also looks like jp are getting crystal gods in this update.

App Invasion said:
Lava, Mega, Douglas, Emilia, Will, and Alice's 6* Evolution.
Gallant, Stya, Nemia, Zeln, Alma, and Oboro's finally getting their 5* Evolution!

Also, the new dungeon's coming out on March 11th in Vortex Gate!
Yep, we're going back to the past, right when the war is occurring!

Record of Grand Gaia War
The first series will about the battle of 6 Heroes. (6 Starter Units)
As one of the first hero, we will have Vargas's memory of the battle to be reproduced first.
If you successfully complete the stage, you'll get sphere as a special reward.

Phades

Looks like they are giving out a metal key as "compensation" for the extended downtime. So, check your gift boxes on the main screen for it. Fairly nice of them to make a gesture like that, but the imperial capital still doesn't work so, there is that too...

Edit: also noticed that all the honor points I had stockpiled went bye bye.

Lan_97

Looks like they are giving out a metal key as "compensation" for the extended downtime. So, check your gift boxes on the main screen for it. Fairly nice of them to make a gesture like that, but the imperial capital still doesn't work so, there is that too...

If your imperial capital is crashing, try reinstalling the game. I had the same issue and that cleared it up. I also got a gem in my gift box this morning.

I think the Gem is for the first day login bonus. I ended up getting both a Gem and a Metal Key for 3/6 (which is extra nice because I was able to pick up that key anyway, before server maintenance began). They also extended Alma's dungeon for a day, since it was unplayable yesterday.

Question: if I link my account to Facebook, do I actually need to let the game post before it counts as registered?

lordcyno

Looks like there'll be more according to facebook

Greetings Summoners!

The Compensation Pack for technical problems encountered during this recent update period has started to roll out. Please take note that the Metal Key is just one reward out of many. A few more things will be sent over the weekend so kindly check your Presents Box from time to time.

Jinko

Looks like once you become a contender in arena, you can no long fight rookie or amateur to weasel your way up the ranks :(

Shouta

Is there a way to change the unit your Player ID is associated with? I see folks with different units and I was wondering how I set it to one of my other ones.

OceanBlue

I'm sad I missed out on Alma. Hopefully by the time the event comes around again, I can do more than the level 1 stage.

Looks like once you become a contender in arena, you can no long fight rookie or amateur to weasel your way up the ranks :(
Good, because I'm tired of skipping over all of them.

I know there are ways to cheat the Arena and negate any losses, but, really, the way it's setup, you have a massive advantage over your opponent in any match because you always get to go first. I've generally been going up against guys who are a bit stronger than me (a few levels higher, a few more wins, etc.), and while it does get close, I usually beat them because I get to go first.

Shouta

Hmm change your leader ?

or do you mean something else?

Oh, is it just leader?

Like when someone else picks you to help them out, they get one of your chars. How do I change that, lol. It's also in the player info panel. It shows your char, I guess?

chrono01

Oh, is it just leader?

Like when someone else picks you to help them out, they get one of your chars. How do I change that, lol. It's also in the player info panel. It shows your char, I guess?
Yeah, it's the same as in Puzzle & Dragons.

Whatever your current Leader is, of that particular Squad, that will be the one other people use when they summon you into battle.

Marvelous

Decided to do some pulls today (over 10) and I didn't receive my free rare unit. :(

Sent them an e-mail earlier but haven't received a reply or anything yet. Haha, I probably won't hear back from them until Monday or later considering all of the problems that came up with the new patch.

colinp

Banned
Wait, so they got rid of the weekend money dungeon entirely? Ehhhhhh, this game is looking less and less appealing. No god key until the 11th? Hmmmmmmm.

ReaperXL7

Wait, so they got rid of the weekend money dungeon entirely? Ehhhhhh, this game is looking less and less appealing. No god key until the 11th? Hmmmmmmm.

It's not that bad. I actually prefer the Key system myself since it allows you to run the dungeon whenever you want as opposed to being restricted to a specific day of the week. As long as they are as generous with the jewel keys as they are with metal I don't think it will be an issue.

Edit:
Does not matter anyway as free money weekends are still good to go. Actually just had a pretty solid level 3 run 2 jewel gods, and 2 kings.

chrono01

I don't believe so. I just logged in and it's still there.

Also, apparently all iOS users will be given 500,000 Zel due to the service interruption.

colinp

Banned
Yep I spoke too soon, still gold weekends woo woo. Alright, I'm back on board kind of. Game is losing a bit of its charm but daily gifts are always a plus, hah.

Top Bottom