• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

HomesIice

Results are in on the fan vote for increased summons:

1 - Duel-SGX
2 - Zellha
3 - Michele
4 - Lilith
5 - Luther
6 - Lunaris

I confess myself disappointed. Zellha and Luther will both have rates up real soon already coming, and Duel-SGX and Michele are units you only want one of (since their main purpose does not stack).

It definitely could have been worse though.

Ngl, would've liked to see Uda but even then chances of pulling him would be slim :(
Don't think I'll pull though Michele, SGX, Zellha, and Lilith are tempting

Phades

Results are in on the fan vote for increased summons:

1 - Duel-SGX
2 - Zellha
3 - Michele
4 - Lilith
5 - Luther
6 - Lunaris

I confess myself disappointed. Zellha and Luther will both have rates up real soon already coming, and Duel-SGX and Michele are units you only want one of (since their main purpose does not stack).

It definitely could have been worse though.

Yep, but there are quite a few folks voting for the artwork rather than strategically.

Nothing up there is either compelling to me since I either already have it or would have marginal use for it. I really don't need more fire units, I'm not interested in Zellha, and Lunaris is the only one even remotely interesting with the status removal/protection on the SBB.

It is silly too, since wasn't lillith just up with the attackers? Or was it just before that?

Debated going for a 40 cost metal parade for like 10mins this morning, did it and got a water and thunder crystal woop woop. Still need to increase my summoner level though, just hit 70 but need more points for my soon to be 20+cost monsters.

Phades

Debated going for a 40 cost metal parade for like 10mins this morning, did it and got a water and thunder crystal woop woop. Still need to increase my summoner level though, just hit 70 but need more points for my soon to be 20+cost monsters.

St. Lamia the four fould pillar on the final dungeon set has one of, if not the best exp to energy ratios in the game especially if you don't have access to the agni maps and if the bonus exp thing is still in effect for it i dont think anything matches it (final map in minerva is only a 308 ratio, while fourfold is base 260). When it was double exp, it was 5200 exp for 10 energy. This means you would have had effectively infinite energy (due to leveling up) through around level 81 where you would start to slow down a bit, but even then, you would have roughly 1.5 hours of down time at worst for a long while afterwards.

Summoner levels are easy in general. Farming the right stuff is the hard part outside of straight up RNG luck out of the RS gate which is basically half the battle.

chrono01

I'm not sure if I'll pull or not. O have 36 Magic Gems [plus a Summon Ticket], and were saving those for Zelnite's batch, but I don't have Duel-SGX, Zellha, Michele, Luther or Lunaris, [Lilith being the other one I do own]. I might be tempted to pull once or twice and see how my luck is.

I would really like a Duel-SGX, Zellha, Luanris [if just for the artwork], and Michelle though.

Phades

You guys remeber to pick up your discounted summon tickets right (500 points)?

That should ease the sting a little. I'm still trying to bulk up for darvenshel's group though, but geeze those new JP release units look freaking disgusting.

Got a guy that does 50% damage reduction, status removal and prevention. Got another guy that does +100% atk and +40% crit rate while also having more damage on his SBB.

Got a cool sniper looking guy that is ST damage with auto refil on the SBB for the guage and 720% damage modifier while also being able to hit 4k atk in breaker form (includes imps). Single hit too, so if it sparks.... Something's gonna getta hurt real bad.

A couple others that seem like direct upgrades of existing units as well. That group will finally and most likely force me to buy some gems to get relevant units. We probably won't see them till november/december, but I honestly don't think I'll be able to build up enough gems by then after I blow my wad here in a week or so.

for reference

http://appinvasion.com/threads/new-units-released-ls-bb-info-post-your-summons-here.206653/

chrono01

So, after reading the rate of increased summon for the Player's Choice batch, I've decided to wait for the Zelnite batch. Many seem to not be getting the advertised Units, so I'm just going to save my Magic Gems for Zelnite/Lily Mata. If I manage to get those early on, I'll then go for the Daruvanshel batch [despite already owning an Oulu].

Phades

Discounted Summon Tickets? WHERE

Found it.

Yeah, sorry, I should have described where you would see them. I'm glad you caught it.

For anyone still looking. It is at the bottom of the prize page where you spend your daily point rewards at.

So, after reading the rate of increased summon for the Player's Choice batch, I've decided to wait for the Zelnite batch. Many seem to not be getting the advertised Units, so I'm just going to save my Magic Gems for Zelnite/Lily Mata. If I manage to get those early on, I'll then go for the Daruvanshel batch [despite already owning an Oulu].

People are far more likely to report what they got if they were unlucky.

Every single time they report "Rates up" random people summon like 10 times and then definitively state that the rates aren't really up. Sample size is lost on those people.

chrono01

Every single time they report "Rates up" random people summon like 10 times and then definitively state that the rates aren't really up. Sample size is lost on those people.
True enough.

I'm still going to wait, though. If I were an IAP, it wouldn't be a problem, but since I am...I need to save every Magic Gem that I can. >_<

Xetherion

Hey guys, just started playing. Got a God Blade Mifune (Oracle, I have no idea what that means) for my rare roll, is that good? Also, what's the best use for this Burst Frog thing? Any other tips for a new player?

Shouta

Hey guys, just started playing. Got a God Blade Mifune (Oracle, I have no idea what that means) for my rare roll, is that good? Also, what's the best use for this Burst Frog thing? Any other tips for a new player?

Oracle is type and changes the stat distribution of your unit by adding more in one area and making them weaker in another. Mifune is a decent enough starter but you'll get more powerful ones as you play.

Burst Frogs are to level your unit's Brave Burst, you should only use it when your unit cannot evolve anymore and it's near the max level of 10. Brave Burst levels are random based on fusing units with a similar type of burst (attack to attack, enhance to enhance, healing to healing) but gets harder when you're at 8/10, 9/10 etc.

Personal recommendation: Stick with a single element type until you have a solid base of units to work with or good units to 5 or 6 Element it up.

Phades

Even so, that would suggest that it is in the neighborhood of 10% for any of the 6 featured. I've noticed that there are a few who list results that "quit" in the 3-6 pull range since they got something they were interested in by the last pull making them luckier than others. Some others were in the go for broke mentality in the 10-15+ range and from where I sit, that just seems crazytown style behavior.

10 pulls ~ 50 gems. It is a signifigant investment for someone who isn't stuffing their account with gems via IAP. To blow the wad and show nothing for it isn't exactly encoraging.

I mean hell, at best I am going to have 12~13 pulls for the next batch set (FH, august events, new maps, arena gems + tickets after blowing my wad previously trying to get copra/tesla). If I get a string of lava, mifune, more oracle micheles, sirens, like I have been in the past I would be inclined to think that I'm not hitting the rate ups and missed the event entirely. There has yet to have been a time where I didn't pull one of those aforementioned units prior to getting anything else (duplicate or not, featured or not). I'm still waiting on Ziz to get spammed on me as I'm sure it will happen any time now. I really have no faith in their RNG behaving properly given how things like the metal parade and the Xenon event occur(s/ed).

Well, what do you want rate up to mean?

There are dozens of units in the door.

Let's say that they give each of the raw rate up units a 5% chance. That still means you have a 70% chance to get something else, and a 2.8% chance to summon 10 times and get no "rate up" units. That's not remotely rare.

They are never going to take 6 rate up units and give them all a 16% chance to summon. That would kill any reason to buy gems long term.

I don't even know what you mean by "confidence in the RNG". There is nobody who has enough data to know how evenly distributed the RNG is. Anecdotal stories about having trouble getting Xenon or Estia isn't it.

Phades

Well, what do you want rate up to mean?

There are dozens of units in the door.

Let's say that they give each of the raw rate up units a 5% chance. That still means you have a 70% chance to get something else, and a 2.8% chance to summon 10 times and get no "rate up" units. That's not remotely rare.

They are never going to take 6 rate up units and give them all a 16% chance to summon. That would kill any reason to buy gems long term.

I don't even know what you mean by "confidence in the RNG". There is nobody who has enough data to know how evenly distributed the RNG is. Anecdotal stories about having trouble getting Xenon or Estia isn't it.

It is more the bi-polar nature of it or feast and famine if you will. In the instance of the xenon event, hitting the encounter 3-5 times in a single run once (capture rate not withstanding), but never seeing him again just seems out of place no matter the sample size. The parades end up being very similar in this regard. How many times I've personally pulled lava, mifune, and siren back to back reeks of this and somewhat mirrors other folks getting repeat units in a string of listings. If each unit individually is rather poor percentage wise individually, getting exact duplicates shouldn't be happening very often opposed to seeing featured units appearing (any of them). If nothing else, it should be a greater variety of appearances in a series of pulls.

I would hope that they give the subset an increased chance and let the individual among the set be random instead of miniscule bumps to each seperately.

chrono01

So apparently:

27th Sept 0700 PST

- Noble Thief Zelnite, Thunder God Esna and Wisdom Angel Azael are ready to join your cause!

Summon them now!

29th Sept 0700 PST

- Protector Darvanshel, Axe King Mariudeth and Empress Lilly Matah are ready to join your cause!

Summon them now!

I guess I'll use whatever Magic Gems I have until I get Zelnite, and whatever I have left over I'll spend on Darvanshel's batch. Here's hoping I can at least get Zelnite. While I'd love a Darvanshel, as well as Lily Matah, I do already have an Oulu, so it's not exactly "needed". It'd be nice to have, though.

Phades

If they keep with the current schedule for things, that would leave 3 gems + 2frogs by the 27th via vortex events and another 4 gems + 2 frogs (celebration event + vortex) by the 29th. So, there is at least 1 pull worth of gems right there between the two days.

Level 4 dungeons Alma and crew give 1 gem + frog.

Lol, I don't know if i'll be able to keep up. Level 4 dungeons = 40 energy and I still need to do Minerva maps. I shouldn't have wasted my time doing the daily quests in enervis the past 2 days...

Phades

Currently, it is Leon's dungeon, Elemental heros with lv4 (burst frog + gem), daily gift bonuses. Lots st. lamia maps (not sure if others have it as well) have half energy or bonus experience for a few days. The 27th is Zelnite +2 others, 29th is Darvenshel and lilly matah + 1 other. Deemo dungeon should be sometime after the elemental heros finishes up. No idea about the lightning arena. 2-3 weeks after deemo, is likely to be the next FH.

If these aren't what you meant, then I'm not sure what you mean by event...

broz0rs

So apparently:

27th Sept 0700 PST

- Noble Thief Zelnite, Thunder God Esna and Wisdom Angel Azael are ready to join your cause!

Summon them now!

29th Sept 0700 PST

- Protector Darvanshel, Axe King Mariudeth and Empress Lilly Matah are ready to join your cause!

Summon them now!

the OP batch finally coming this week.

Pity that I can only roll a few times because I spent twenty rolls to get Zellha, Luther, and Uda. My wallet will be ready once their six star forms are available.

Phades

OP batch this week? Now I wish I could've gotten Tesla with a few pulls instead. =(

Yep, saturday/monday. Many were trying to express the concept of strategizing gem spending in relation to this being impending and noting the prior 3 featured unit sets as a distraction to this. Until the announcement though, I thought we had another week easy before they dropped on us.

I'm just hoping that folks have better luck with their pulls this go around since basically 2/3rds of the units in the set are desireable for different reasons (Zeltine, Excevel, Darvenshel, Lily Matah).

Lan_97

6 pulls. Could have gone better, but it wasn't terrible.

bran
lucina
doug
zelban
themis
Zelnite

Now I only have 5 pulls left for Daru :\

chrono01

So they know a lot of people are after Zelnite, so they add him along with increased rates for ALL 4* Units. That sounds pleasing. :/

I'll try pulling later. I only have 7 Pulls [plus a Summon Ticket] so I'm not hopeful.

Phades

6 pulls. Could have gone better, but it wasn't terrible.

bran
lucina
doug
zelban
themis
Zelnite

Now I only have 5 pulls left for Daru :\

Should be able to scrape together 1 more pull worth of gems via the elemental heros and celebration event. More if you can bang out maps you haven't done yet via questing.

chrono01

Yeah, I expected this.

Lira [Breaker]
Uda [Anima] [Dupe]
Loch Ness [Anima] [Dupe]
Magic Riffs Eric [Breaker]
Dark Charm Lunaris [Guardian]
Dark Angel Azael [Guardian]
Scythe Lord Alice [Lord] [Dupe]
Dark Angel Azael [Guardian] [Dupe]

Ugh! No Zelnite, although I thought as much. I hate how they increased the rate of all other summons in this pool. It's difficult enough trying to get the new ones, but when you increase all of them? Yeah, they kind of makes it more difficult.

I have an Oulu, so I don't really need Darvanshel. Honestly, if the odds were better I'd be tempted to purchase Magic Gems, but seeing the rates at which they're at currently? Yeah, no thanks. I'll save up whatever free gems I can I try again when their 6* forms are released.

Congrats to those that got him, though.

Phades

It is surprising to see you got two Azael of the same typing so close together like that.

At least you got a lunaris, which is comparable to exvehl (except leader skill).

Zelnite is fairly unique in what he does though. :(

chrono01

It is surprising to see you got two Azael of the same typing so close together like that.

At least you got a lunaris, which is comparable to exvehl (except leader skill).

Zelnite is fairly unique in what he does though. :(
Yeah, Zelnite was the one I wanted the most, since it would help so much for Farming purposes. granted I could always use a Friend for that, but it would be nice to have him for myself. :(

Oh well, there's always next time. He's not super-amazing until his 6* form anyway, so I'll still get another chance. I'll just try to earn whatever Magic Gems I can while I wait, since I'm not really interested in IAP.

broz0rs

I think the best time to roll for units you really want from my experience is when the six star forms are released. All this super rate seems like BS nonsense to me.

Shouta

I want the water unit for this new batch but I have so many I have to raise now. =(

Damn, his ability would be amazing considering I have Tesla and Elimo now too. SHIEEEET.

Got Zelnite as well on my first roll. Seems to be common I guess. Also 1 good unit away from a mono green team at this rate. Will probably start leveling him after I finish Alice and Elimo.

7th or 8th pull for my lord Zelnite. Got a lot of old units going for Zelnite. Took a total of 14 pulls to get all three new units.

Caved and bought some gems for this. Was F2P until just a few hours ago and I missed the Amazon promo offer. Oh well. Couldn't pass up on Zelnite since I need him for farming purposes. Got some left over for Darvanshel since I don't have Oulu.

Got Zelnite as well on my first roll. Seems to be common I guess. Also 1 good unit away from a mono green team at this rate. Will probably start leveling him after I finish Alice and Elimo.
The RNG gods were with you.

Ever since those limited unit dungeons came back, I breezed through Lv3 and was lucky in most Lv4.

Nice to know you can get extra Burst Frogs and gems from them.

Lockon

Ha I got all new units except Zelnite...pretty unlucky I guess. Also got new units I haven't gotten before : Zellha, Sage Bran, Lunaris, and Sodis. Hopefully when 6* come, I can get a Zelnite too.

chrono01

So I'm tempted to purchase a few more Magic Gems this evening and try for Darvanshel/Lily Matah, but I was thinking.

Do you think it might be best to wait until there's no increases summon rate up for other nits [such as when this batch's 6* are released] since they may/may not be impacting the increased rates for Darvanshel and company? Sure, you're guaranteed to get a 4*+ Unit, but when you're after specific ones [such as the new ones introduced in this batch] it might be more wise to wait until only their rates are boosted. Unless I'm looking at things from a wrong perspective?

Bleh did not get Oboro again. Oh well the gems/frogs are the real reward!

And yeah guess I got lucky with my Zelnite, if I would have gotten another Cyborg Lilith or Homusubi I would have been pissed.

chrono01

Well I purchased 58 more Magic Gems [during the promotion, I wish we had Amazon Coins in Canada -_-], although I'll probably save them for the 6* Zelnite/Darvanshel batches. I'm not too interested in pulling where the rates for so many in the pool are increased. It kind of hurts me chances. :(

This batch, I got so many old units. Went a little overboard rare summoning again.

In no particular order:
Lancia x2 (L) and (A)
Homusubi x2 (G)
Vishra x2 (G)
Darvanshel x2 (G) and (B) The Breaker is a 5 star.
Dean x2 (L) and (A)
Mariudeth (O)
Lily Matah x2 (O) 4 and 5 star.
Douglas (A) Oh yeah! Sparks everywhere!
Golem (L) Ummm....
Luly (A) I can use this for Eze grand gaia chronicles dungeon.
Ophelia (G) Another arena unit to use.
Emilia (L) Are you kidding me.
Lorand (L) Ugh.
Kushra (A) Will raise her to replace my Lord.
Gyrbe (L) Never got him before.
Melchio x2 (B) and (A)
Zellha (L) Wow, finally got her
Copra (B) Wanted him for so long. I'll take any type!
Dilma x2 (A) Back to back pulls on anima.
Nalmika (B) Meh, not that impressed.
Lochness (B) Already got a Felneus breaker. Wished trading was implemented so I could trade it to my bro since he needed one. No point in having 2 Felneus of the same type.
Bahamut (G) What the hell? I already got Felneus and currently leveling Kagatsuchi.
Lilith (G) She's new.
Sodus (B) Don't have him either.
Final pull was a breaker Alice. Never got her either.

I got 3 of the new units, but kept pulling trying to get better types for Lily Matah and Mariudeth. No luck, but pulled a bunch of units I never got. A few dupes. Could have had 40 gems left over for another batch if I stopped at the oracles Lily and Mariudeth. Oh well, time to hoard and quest for gems again.

Phades

Welp, I should have given more thought before pulling this time around since all previously released 6* units had their rate up as well. Had I thought about it for more than a minute, I would have never did any pulls today. Sure, you get them at 4* minimum, but considering what I'd actually want or find useful, out of the previous 6* releases, only the Tree, Elimo. Tesla, Lodin, Ronnel would have been useful to me over what I already have (well arguments could be made for the arena trio, farlon, ophelia, and Lira...).

Anyhow, did 11 pulls. 2 tickets + 45 gems.

Bran (thought to myself, maybe this set will be different/useful this time around)
Lava (yep there you are, can't ever pull without hitting you at least once, but at least I am less likely to pull siren/mifune due to the 6* bias shift)
Lava (gee whiz, didn't see that coming... both fused into ramna SBB +1 -> 6)
Aisha (breaker this time around, so I can fuse my oracle one of a higher star rating into it later on in a few weeks time....)
Emilia (didn't need)
Duel GX (fused into my other one -> SBB9 now)
Behemoth (didn't need, also where were these pulls 6+ months ago when I was struggling desperately with water maps?)
Golem (already have, but possibly better typing)
Zelban (already have, but possibly better typing.. Golem, Zelban, SGX, Aisha and a few others I ended up pulling when Tesla was featured last time around...)
Eric (no use for and also just got done fusing away all dark evo mats into grah for extra space, so irony strikes...)
Lancia (not going to raise another one, fed to rashil SBB +1 ->3)

Yep, so lesson learned. Never pull unless only the featured units are actually rate up, or if I simply don't care what I'm going to get. I'd also been ok with a Dia, Uda, Zelnite, Marudeth, Exhevel, Kajah, Luther, Signas, Alice, Dean, Lunaris, Melchio, Themis, Phee, Zellha, Douglas, luly, Dilma, logan, lorand, Reeze, leorone, or rickel (36 units in total... but out of 66 potential featured units with 11 pulls I guess is just crap odds for any of that all around... Right?).

Top Bottom