• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

HomesIice

What was your first pull?

Ah thanks about the hints about the first-time-gems! Forgot about them!

My pulls so far
3* Wyvern
4* Azael
4* Phee

Nothing too good :(

My Honour pulls on the other hand my god! Crystals everywhere!
---
I'm in the process of trying to evolve my Phee and I can't get over how quick everything is, just need one more pot and a dragon mimic, not sure if I can take the dragon mimic so might do quests till I have enough for a RS to see if i get anything helpful :/
I could make use of Azael's LS for dragmon mimics?

p.s. Which one should I evolve first though anyway Phee or Azael? Only have enough cost for one of them.

Phades

I'm in the process of trying to evolve my Phee and I can't get over how quick everything is, just need one more pot and a dragon mimic, not sure if I can take the dragon mimic so might do quests till I have enough for a RS to see if i get anything helpful :/
I could make use of Azael's LS for dragmon mimics?

If you could get Azael to 6* it would make dragon mimics and miracle totems easier, but well, you have to beat a miracle totem first for that... Lol.

Both of those are decent and your wyvern matches my behemoth more or less except i think your group is better in arena than mine is, due to having a GX.

That fire guy in the Vortex though? lol, hella strong. He wrecked me harder than a miracle totem did. I also don't recall having issues with miracle totems on global with arguably weaker units too, so I don't know what the deal is.

HomesIice

If you could get Azael to 6* it would make dragon mimics and miracle totems easier, but well, you have to beat a miracle totem first for that... Lol.

Both of those are decent and your wyvern matches my behemoth more or less except i think your group is better in arena than mine is, due to having a GX.

That fire guy in the Vortex though? lol, hella strong. He wrecked me harder than a miracle totem did. I also don't recall having issues with miracle totems on global with arguably weaker units too, so I don't know what the deal is.

Yeah he wrecked me too, not gonna even bother with the water dude
Hopefully my global team will be able to beat them all

In other news, just pulled a Naruza (G)!!

Xetherion

So I used my last 2 pulls for this RS event since I have no strong Fire or Thunder units and Themis is an awesome healer.

First pull is 4* Lira, a dupe already and this was only my 10th rare summon. It's even the same type, Lord. At least it's a strong unit...

Second pull is White Lebra, Breaker type. Don't know if I'll even bother leveling him...

In the right party Deemo is ridiculous. Even against single targets my party has full SBB every round.

Frequently get there before even receiving crystals, just from sparks alone.

Obviously not everybody has the units, but wow.

My current party:

Deemo(leader)
Duel-SGX
Michele
Douglas(x2)
Zebra(leader)

In the right party Deemo is ridiculous. Even against single targets my party has full SBB every round.

My current party:

Deemo(leader)
Duel-SGX
Michele
Douglas(x2)
Zebra(leader)

agree. replaced my duelmex with her for questing. cant wait to try her out in the next fh season. hopefully she gets the six star treatment.

My current party:

Deemo(leader)
Duel-SGX
Michele
Douglas(x2)
Zebra(leader)
I noticed this too while questing. Its crazy. I get near full bb or sbb before collecting bc. Wow.

Got 5 Deemos, well 6, but I fused that one away. 2 guardians and 3 animas. She's a good replacement for my Serin.
Just a little worried she'll die since her hp isn't that high in FH Terminus.

Phades

Second pull is White Lebra, Breaker type. Don't know if I'll even bother leveling him...
Lebra is a decent pull. He buffs all stats except HP. His SBB also is an AOE, while buffing, similar to other units like michele in that regard. The breaker typing shouldn't discourage you from using him, unless you have signifigantly better units already.

My current party:

Deemo(leader)
Duel-SGX
Michele
Douglas(x2)
Zebra(leader)

The douglas units must add consistentcy for this compared to others. I've tried this with duel, michele, serin, cayena, deemo, (last slot varied), and didn't quite charge up SBB every time, but was close enough for crystals to top it off typically. Deemo is pretty amazing.

Xetherion

Lebra is a decent pull. He buffs all stats except HP. His SBB also is an AOE, while buffing, similar to other units like michele in that regard. The breaker typing shouldn't discourage you from using him, unless you have signifigantly better units already.

I looked him up on the wiki and it seemed like Def is his one weak stat, and Breaker will just make it even worse. If I get a Light squad going I'll use him, otherwise I'm dumping all my Light units into leveling Alyut for now.

My main squad right now is

4* Mega max level, Leader
5* Mariudeth
4* Phee
4* Kikuri max level
4* Alyut

The 3 who aren't max level are level 30 or higher.

My second most used squad is

4* Kikuri max level, Leader
4* Lira
4* Lira
4* Mifune
5* Mariudeth.

I am open to suggestions for better squads though. I haven't been able to beat harder stuff like Totem dungeons or the higher level Deemo dungeon with my current squads. Other notable units I have are:

4* Darvan max level
4* Pixy Leore
4* White Lebra
4* Eze (I know he sucks, but I have no better Thunder units)

Phades

I looked him up on the wiki and it seemed like Def is his one weak stat, and Breaker will just make it even worse. If I get a Light squad going I'll use him, otherwise I'm dumping all my Light units into leveling Alyut for now.

My main squad right now is

4* Mega max level, Leader
5* Mariudeth
4* Phee
4* Kikuri max level
4* Alyut

After you get done working on Alyut, I'd start working on lebra. He will have more raw stats than mega with both in the 4* form. The bonus to spark damage Lebra gives will most likely increase your overal damage output more than +50% to 2 (water) units in that setup. Furthermore, Lebra will boost atk/def/rec, meaning he will compensate for the lack of the bonus damage leader skill and help cover for his lower defense value as a breaker.

However even with an ideal setup with good spheres, support units, and items, a totem fight can still go bad and could require a gem. Then once you get your first totem, the rest come a lot easier in general.

Eze I wouldn't write off entirely, since you can substitute him in when you want to go after water totems and play to the elemental strengths in that instance. Same deal when referencing darvan and thunder totems. This would be where alyut in a 4* form is less useful than some others, since status effects don't stick to totems.

Xetherion

I got a Light Crystal from the 1m likes celebration today, so Alyut is level 52 now, almost done. Will definitely start leveling Lebra now. I don't know if I'll use him as leader though, I don't get a lot of Sparks unless my Friend leader combo's really well with my team. Well I'm not sure what a good amount of sparks per turn is, my average is probably 3-4.

Also, Mega boosts his own damage too doesn't he, making it 3 units he boosts?

I might use Mariudeth as leader since he boosts Crit dmg and his BB gives Crit chance.

Or Phee to use BB's more often.

It's good to know that Totem fights are so hard they just require a Gem sometimes. Does enemy health stay where it was when you use a Gem to revive?

Shouta

Yes, Enemy health stays where it is when you revive with a gem.

You'll get strong enough to take them on without a gem soon enough though. Just gotta build up a proper healer and a few units to fight for oyu.

Phades

I overlooked Phee as a water unit, my bad.

As to the sparks thing, getting rid of mega will also help that out. Of course the spammier the unit the better by comparison (rickel, serin, douglas, sgx, etc). More to the point though, the +50% atk has less of an impact than bonuses to sparks or crits. Going with mariudeth as lead can be good as well. His crit buff is going to be in the region of 40% without having of a maxxed out 6* SBB (45%). So, it will be a decision between an on demand skill (and having downtime with it) boosting the effect to less than half the time of occurrence for a stronger amount due to the leader skill +100% crit damage, or trying to mesh up attack timings better to get the benefits of a smaller buff amount being up all the time.

Totems can attack more than 3 times in a round. Each of those attacks can be an AOE. Not many 4* units can take that kind of punishment in a round. Miracles are the same deal, except they hit holy/multi element. The thing is, regular totems should be able to be brought down without gemming assuming you just don't get a raw deal with RNG.

Yes, Enemy health stays where it is when you revive with a gem.
You also get full BB guages when you do gem. So if you are close and are just frustrated, you can just say screw it and end the fight the next round if you were so inclined. Generally speaking though, adjusting your preperations (items/spheres/BBLV) can usually make up the gap.

Xetherion

I would love to get a proper healer. Had no luck trying to get Themis though. I have a Healer Merith and a Fairy that I use sometimes, but they're just so squishy.

Once I get some levels on Lebra I will see how I do on Sparks with him instead of Mega. In the meantime I'll switch to Mariudeth and see how I like it.

As for totems, I tried the Water totem dungeon last week and ran into a Dark totem before I got to the Water totem boss. I used all my healing items to beat the Dark totem so I had nothing left for the Water totem. If I hadn't run into that Dark totem I probably could have cleared the dungeon.

What spheres should I use to take on totems?

Xetherion

Holy crap, I just completed the Affectionate Flames Lv. 3 dungeon for the first time and I captured Freya! She's the first 4* Fire unit I've gotten, should I use these Fire Crystals I've been saving on her or save them for someone better?

I was debating on using a gem to do Freya's dungeon, but after looking at her stats. Not impressed. In fact, Deemo is a better unit stat wise. Got a lord Freya just for my collection. Gotta wait on my energy to recharge to try her dungeon again for some burst frogs.

Lockon

Eze dungeon is out. Also I got into a Hatsune Miku dungeon by going into the totem dungeon select screen and come back out, and the Miku dungeon pop out which surprised me.

I think they fixed though. Can't seem to get the dungeon to pop again.

Edit: nevermind, it seems Miku dungeon is part of the update? Dungeon is showing normally now.

Kreed

Eze dungeon is out. Also I got into a Hatsune Miku dungeon by going into the totem dungeon select screen and come back out, and the Miku dungeon pop out which surprised me.

Edit: nevermind, it seems Miku dungeon is part of the update? Dungeon is showing normally now.

Looking at the unit Hatsune Miku in the wiki, I'm starting to get the impression that the Japanese version has a lot of free BB spam units.

Corgi

Banned
didnt know there was a thread for this game here. Still probably the only f2p p&d style game i still play around purely because unlike other games, this has badass sprites.

Seems the game is currently buggy as fuck. miku dungeon shouldn't 'exist' according to appinvasion folks.

might want to hold off i fyou are doing heavy energy stuff like miracle dungeon atm.

Phades

Miku was scheduled to have a parity release between the NA and JP versions. We just got hit with the routine expected errors with a new content release and Miku was probably just collateral damage. Miku, like deemo, has some of her music as the BGM. I couldn't recognize which ones offhand. Other oddness for her is that JP has 13 days for the dungeon, while we have 10 shown. No idea if that is intended or not.

She isn't hard really. I haven't got a status effect to stick to her yet and she buffs her attack at 50% health. Other than that, nothing too exciting as far as the fight goes.

mrtoffee

Hatsune Miku's on Brave Frontier. And so is Luka!

New dungeon lets you get Miku from October 9 (11am EDT) to October 20(10:59am EDT). Luka's an NYCC exclusive though.

http://gumi.sg/gumis-going-new-york-comicon/

NYCC_In-game_News_Banner.png

Phades

Luka's skills/stats aren't as exciting as luka except she is a healer in an element that doesn't really have one.

The collector in me still wants it though, but no way in hell i'll be able to go to NYCC... :(

chrono01

Having event-exclusive units is depressing. I want Luka, but live in Canada. -_-

I'm definitely farming 5 Hatsune Miku, though.

Edit - So apparently, the codes for Luka will be distributed via pieces of paper you pick up at the Gumi booth. If that's the case, is there anyone here going to NYCC that wouldn't mind picking up an extra for me? I don't mind giving you a bit of compensation for doing so, say...$10-$15 via PayPal? I really want her, both because I love her voice as well as for collection reasons.

Lockon

Wow Luka is event exclusive...I like Luka more than Miku (just a little bit). I know where I am going.
I wish but I don't have time and money to waste just to get a unit in a game :(

chrono01

Oh, Luka code here. Apparently, they're not single-use?

mkdSK7mpXA3voqWq

I saw this posted on the Brave Frontier Facebook page, as a scan of the flyer you receive from the event, and entered it in-game. It went through, as it did for several others. It told me that it was verified and that I'd receive the Unit from my Gift Box, but nothing yet [I'm guessing they haven't been sent out yet].

Xetherion

The code worked for me too, thanks!

In other news, I managed to get some totems today! Took on the water totem dungeon again, this time not bringing Eze as he just goes down too easily. Actually beat the dungeon only using some Cures, as I didn't run into any Light/Dark totems this time.

Then I ran the earth totem dungeon, this time using a rainbow squad with Darvan as leader and a friend leader that also gives rainbow atk boost. I ran into a Light totem not once but twice. Used most of my items to get past them even though I was worried I wouldn't have enough for the earth totem, but then I managed to beat the earth totem too after using the last of my items. I think I got lucky though because the earth totem only used its AOE 2 or 3 times the whole fight.

Now I need a Dragon Mimic to evolve Phee. Are they harder than totems? Any specific spheres I should bring to fight them?

chrono01

Small update regarding the code:

Apparently it's a "test" code and not the actual thing, which is why we never received Luka right away. So....back to hoping someone attending can manage a code for myself, I guess. :(

Now I need a Dragon Mimic to evolve Phee. Are they harder than totems? Any specific spheres I should bring to fight them?

They are weaker, if you only need one/are looking to do it quick, skip the chests and just go straight to the final one. That dungeon is only hard if you fight to many mimics and wear your team out.

Corgi

Banned
Haven't been playing much for a bit but still occasionally cash in on free gems. Need some help squad making though. The pace they release new units is ridiculous.
Been mostly been surviving off a mono dark team for a long while( kikuri lira Elim sgx lunaris). But I apparently have the pieces to make some good teams. So if people can help me a bit, would be much appreciated.

Will just drop names of "good units" I've got excluding the above dark.

Michele
Douglas x2
Rina
Deemo
Logan
Dia
Reeze
Raydn
Mariudeth
Serin x3
Miku
Lilith
Themis
Lilly matah

Lockon

They (Amazon I think) need to cool down on these coins promotions. They tempted me so many times and I bought them every damn single times! Not this one though.
I hope so anyway lol

Draxal

Having event-exclusive units is depressing. I want Luka, but live in Canada. -_-

I'm definitely farming 5 Hatsune Miku, though.

Edit - So apparently, the codes for Luka will be distributed via pieces of paper you pick up at the Gumi booth. If that's the case, is there anyone here going to NYCC that wouldn't mind picking up an extra for me? I don't mind giving you a bit of compensation for doing so, say...$10-$15 via PayPal? I really want her, both because I love her voice as well as for collection reasons.

Ill hook u up. Pm sent 4 star max BTW.

Yay NA is getting almost the same event that Japan had last week. Guess that means I will have a bunch of 6 star units and no team cost for them lol.

Lame that Luka is Comic Con only. Only Vocaloid I like.

FYI - from BFGlobal's FB page.

A LOT more exciting rewards await our new Summoners!

JOIN the Level Up Campaign from Oct 10, 06:00PST (Oct 10, 07:00PDT) and receive gracious rewards each time you level!

And take advantage of the following Level Up Events!:

From Oct 10, 06:00PST ~ Oct 16, 23:59PST (Oct 10, 07:00PDT ~ Oct 17, 00:59PDT)
-Super Honor Point Up
-Super Honor Summon
-Fusion Rate Up

From Oct 10, 06:00PST ~ Oct 19, 23:59PST (Oct 10, 07:00PDT ~ Oct 20, 00:59PDT)
-1/2 Energy on first 3 maps and Double exp on selected quests
-Enchanted Paradise, Cave of Desires, & Oasis of the Gods is OPEN during the event period.

also, 1 energy/3 mins (already tested to work). can't tell if permanent or temporary since it's not noted in the announcement.

EDIT: it's worth noting that the the super honor summon rates are kuhreeeyzeee! crystals, gods, jewel units, sphere frogs everywhere

Auto battle the four fold pillar in st lamia or do agni maps for the better energy to exp ratios in the game. The levels will come on their own after that. Not hard, just tedious.

Yeah I did this in my Japanese account, went from 45 to 75 before the event was over. Still need more haha.

Going to do the same in my NA one since the four fold pillar is only 5 cost.

Shouta

Woo! Crystals from the Honor Summon. I've been waiting for this. I saved up enough honor points to summon like 90 times from it, lol.

Shouta

Wow, Honor Summons is giving so many Gods and Crystals, it's actually a little wild. I've maxed like 6 unit's levels that I was planning on evolving already and got like 5-6 Burst Frogs. o_O

Phades

Wow, Honor Summons is giving so many Gods and Crystals, it's actually a little wild. I've maxed like 6 unit's levels that I was planning on evolving already and got like 5-6 Burst Frogs. o_O

Sounds like they ported over the JP version of the honor event summons, just without the imps and jewel pimps then.

Shouta

Sounds like they ported over the JP version of the honor event summons, just without the imps and jewel pimps then.

Sounds like it. I ended up with 7 Burst Frogs in total amongst all the Jewel and Elemental Gods/Crystals. I'm so glad I saved all those points.

lordcyno

Haven't been playing much for a bit but still occasionally cash in on free gems. Need some help squad making though. The pace they release new units is ridiculous.
Been mostly been surviving off a mono dark team for a long while( kikuri lira Elim sgx lunaris). But I apparently have the pieces to make some good teams. So if people can help me a bit, would be much appreciated.

Will just drop names of "good units" I've got excluding the above dark.

Michele
Douglas x2
Rina
Deemo
Logan
Dia
Reeze
Raydn
Mariudeth
Serin x3
Miku
Lilith
Themis
Lilly matah

You can probably run Deemo leader, sgx, michele and 2 douglas and team up with a zebra friend for a bb spam/crit hybrid team. Then probably farm a zebra yourself. Or you can make a rainbow team with Dia as the leader.

This honor summon is crazy with no ghosts and metal kings in the machine. I've gotten 3 mil in gold just from the jewels and I took my luther from bb 1 to sbb1 just because I had too many burst frogs in my inventory

Phades

Sounds like it. I ended up with 7 Burst Frogs in total amongst all the Jewel and Elemental Gods/Crystals. I'm so glad I saved all those points.

Yeah, it is definately a change for the better. I suspect that this move was made ahead of the auto delete of old inbox items in order to encourage folks to cash in their daily honor reward points. What would just make more sense though, would be to allow for the collection of those items in an unlimited fashion instead.

I'm still holding out for when they implement imps and sphere frogs though, but if they do start deleting stuff 90 days out (or shorter period of time), I'll have to reconsider that position. Should they do this, I also hope that GUMI does one of the two following items:

1) Permenant SMP access for 3 keys per run (also implement SJP)

or

2) Increase key storage again

However, I'm not confident in the likelyhood of either of those happening very soon.

[Deathmax has been pretty good with the datamining, so the question of if it will happen isn't in my mind, but more when will it happen exactly. This is the latest in the data pulls from him that relate to this.]

Shouta

I'm definitely gonna try and grind out some more honor points and levels during this I think, lol.

What place had the best XP to Energy ratio?

Top Bottom