• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bully rated for PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One, and PC in Taiwan

Hrk69

Gold Member
This gen is amazing..crossgen games in 2024..
Video Games Crying GIF by Much

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Yea, this just sounds like a port / remaster or something so....I wouldn't get your hopes up folks

It was great. No one mentioned it because no one gave a shit. But not in a bad way. It was just a “yeah, cool, whatever” type thing. You know, normalcy.
This is a pretty selective bullshit perspective, by the way...

For people that don't live in social media 24/7, and go outside and shit, the "yeah, cool, whatever" attitude is happening now, in the 2020s. Not back then.

I know you guys don't care though.
"Normalcy" to you and people in this thread, was when (unfunny) gay jokes were considered cool, and when you could be around repressed gay people, while straight people were as obnoxiously open about their sexuality as gay people are online now.

EDMIX

This is one of those games that needs a remake. I don't know of those ideas gameplay wise hold up well today.

Remake, reboot etc who knows.

I think you could make a good reboot with the series with a college

They could make it based on periods like the 70s or something or they can make it in modern times with cell phones the internet etc

They could make a create a character where you could play either a girl or a Boy and this determine the part of the campus you appear on, If picking a girl they could have a story that sort of like a mean girl's type set up with becoming a sorority, And if picking a guy they can have it where it's him going through hazing to join the fraternity.

They could have an entire class system like somebody being the jock having muscles and speed or the nerd being smart and being able to pick lockers or something.

Maybe there's something they can do with this.

EDMIX

Dreams shattered
sad, but I felt like it was nothing.

If they have some other team working on different IP, I don't think we'll hear about it until after GTAVI anyway.

With how long its been since Bully, I don't even think a remaster would cut it, the game needs to be fully remade.

EDMIX

we’ve seen what a world without bullies is like, we need them now more than ever.
I feel this alone is a great segue into a Bully sequel (or could be)

I don't see that we have much evidence that we don't have bullies anymore, shit I'd argue we have a big problem with it lol

BUT I see both sides. One can argue a zero tolerance type atmosphere, a time of ultra sensitivity, where the game starts out with the main character enrolling into college (or some prep school for at risk teens or something) and the opening of the game is some guidance counselor talking about their feelings, what the character wishes to go by (proceeds to give a list of pronouns) like here would be where you select if you wish to play as a girl or boy

Based on what you select, the guidance counselor will go into either school safety and warn you not to bring guns to school like AR15's to settle disputes about your parents divorce (if you select boy)

I feel with how Rockstar is with parody, they can do a great job with either btw.

A world with em or a world that is without em.

Dazraell

Yeah, I don't think that's it, especially since there is no PS5 SKU of the re-release of Bully (PS2).

It's a port/remaster of a 2006 game, who cares about that?
If their post would turn out accurate it's not too long before we find out, I guess. But I do think we should temper our expectations as this most likely won't turn out be a remake or even a remaster, but more like a port

I liked this game but never loved it like others seem to.

I'd rather have The Warriors remaster but there's probably too many rights issues with that.

PatientGamer

Gold Member
This will be a remaster, not a remake. Can't see Rockstar investing millions into this IP again for this generation. They're a GTA & Read Dead only company now.

Much like how Insomniac is a Marvel + Ratchet only dev shop.

Some of you are gonna be big mad when this turns out to the same game that already exists, except as a GTA+ release 😂

Edit - Just saw someone posted a tweet about this earlier in the thread.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I am guessing they used the PAL version as is common.

It hits 30 FPS in empty spaces too, but going by the video, anytime something happens, it drops and the frame time chart is erratic as fuck, so even when it's 'locked 30' it'll feel very jittery to play.

dotnotbot

Why in the blue fuck does an emulated PS2 game run so poorly on a PS5?

This is worse than the original pre-patched Chrono Cross remaster.

Mv5eDq8.png

Damn, I had no idea it's that bad. I can't find any framerate test for PS2, it's possible original was a mess too like Vice City so emulator should be able to improve slowdowns but it can't fully improve jitter and traversal hiccups.
I have both NTSC and PAL versions and PS4 Pro, both seem to be running cutscenes smoothly. What I found interesting is that PAL feels more consistent than NTSC when running around the campus on foot. With PAL version I only noticed short small hiccups during assets streaming while NTSC also slows down noticeably.
It's probably because PAL version runs in 25 FPS (using frameblending in order to put it into 60 Hz container) so any sudden slowdowns aren't as noticeable as they're in native 30 FPS/60 Hz NTSC version, at the cost of running everything in worse FPS of course.
So TLDR: version in the vid could be NTSC as it clearly doesn't run too well. Another variable is that PS2-PS4 emulator has some problems on PS5 so I'm not sure if it improves the performance or maybe sometimes even makes it worse.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Damn, I had no idea it's that bad. I can't find any framerate test for PS2, it's possible original was a mess too like Vice City so emulator should be able to improve slowdowns but it can't fully improve jitter and traversal hiccups.
I have both NTSC and PAL versions and PS4 Pro, both seem to be running cutscenes smoothly. What I found interesting is that PAL feels more consistent than NTSC when running around the campus on foot. With PAL version I only noticed short small hiccups during assets streaming while NTSC also slows down noticeably.
It's probably because PAL version runs in 25 FPS and is using frameblending in order to put it into 60 Hz container so any sudden slowdowns aren't as noticeable as they're in native 30 FPS/60 Hz NTSC version.
So TLDR: version in the vid could be NTSC as it clearly doesn't run too well. Another variable is that PS2-PS4 emulator has some problems on PS5 so I'm not sure if it improves the performance or maybe sometimes even makes it worse.

This is probably not using the new emulator they licensed a few months back for a couple of the PS2 re-releases then.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Sadly it was obviously just gonna be a quick lazy port. Scholarship on Steam runs and plays okay with a few tweaks, but it'd be nice to have a version that "just works" with visual upgrades and some modern control tweaks.

Still one of my favourite games of all time. Was obsessed when I was 14, 100%'d it a few times.

Top Bottom