• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burnout 3 custom soundtracks reset after power off?

pilonv1

Each time I've turned off my Xbox and later gone back to Burnout 3, the custom soundtrack I selected had been lost and the EA TRAX was back. The cynic in me thinks it is this way so you eventually get sick of selecting your own soundtrack and sucumb to EA's viral marketing. Pretty fucking annoying though.

And "Striker" is the most obnoxious voiceover ever. Thank god the ability to turn him off is saved.

Edit: There doesn't seem to be a NFSU2 demo on the PAL Xbox version either.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
pilonv1 said:
Each time I've turned off my Xbox and later gone back to Burnout 3, the custom soundtrack I selected had been lost and the EA TRAX was back. The cynic in me thinks it is this way so you eventually get sick of selecting your own soundtrack and sucumb to EA's viral marketing. Pretty fucking annoying though.

And "Striker" is the most obnoxious voiceover ever. Thank god the ability to turn him off is saved.

Edit: There doesn't seem to be a NFSU2 demo on the PAL Xbox version either.

It does the same thing in Burnout 2.

pilonv1

dark10x said:
It does the same thing in Burnout 2.

I never used the custom soundtrack in BO2 so I was unaware of that, but I still find this all very surprising from a developer like Criterion.

dark10x

pilonv1 said:
I never used the custom soundtrack in BO2 so I was unaware of that, but I still find this all very surprising from a developer like Criterion.

Yeah, I know...

Did they keep the soundtrack hotkeys in place? In BO2 you could switch between soundtracks with "Y" (I think) and switch between tracks with "B". I may have been reversed, but it was something like that.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
pilonv1 said:

Shoot... this can't be blamed on my lord and masters then.... ;)

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Wow, that really sucks! I can't believe developers would add something like that in a game! I has to be a bug...right? Although I don't think I would have the patience to wait for the bug to be fixed before picking up the game anyway. :(

dark10x

Kiriku said:
Wow, that really sucks! I can't believe developers would add something like that in a game! I has to be a bug...right? Although I don't think I would have the patience to wait for the bug to be fixed before picking up the game anyway. :(

Like I said, it was the same way in Burnout 2 (and probably in the original as well). It isn't a bug at all, that's just the way it is.

Top Bottom