• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burnout 3 - how do you unlock new tracks in crash mode?

Vibri

Banned
I seem to be stuck on the same first course 1 on crash mode, despite how well i do (over $200k in damage). Any ideas?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
You have to play the crash courses in the world tour mode to unlock them. In "free" mode you can only play what you already unlocked.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Great great game, not perfect but great fun. If only they fixed the load times in crash mode (it's actually worse than in b2)... The EA additions to the UI / Music / Overall feel are a bit annoying too.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Blimblim said:
Great great game, not perfect but great fun. If only they fixed the load times in crash mode (it's actually worse than in b2)... The EA additions to the UI / Music / Overall feel are a bit annoying too.

Thanks for the reply. Couple more questions...

1)Which version are you playing?

2)Can you turn down the background music and just listen to the sound effects?

3)Can you mute the DJ?

4)How is the car handling/drifting? A little tight like in previous games? Or kinda loose like PGR2, Daytona USA or RR?

5)If you are playing the PS2 version, can you tell us if it will be broadband only or both bb and 56k? And does it support voice via the Socom headset?

6)Notice any dip in framerate or slowdown?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
1) Xbox review copy, not 100% final.
2) Yes, you can also use your own soundtrack
3) Yes, I just can't see how anyone could stand listening to that moron for more than 5 minutes. I heard he's bad in english, but in french I'd rather play without sound at all than listen to this "Starman" guy.
4) It's totally like Burnout 2, perhaps a bit easier because you can "grind" the tracks border without losing much speed.
5) Can't tell. I sincerely doubt it could be playable on 56k.
6) Nope, but I only played for a few hours. I doubt there will be any slowdown.

I'm waiting for the final version to play the game more, I don't have much free time and since I'm quite sure the savegame from the review copy won't be usable in the final game I don't want to have to replay the whole thing.

Top Bottom