• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burnout 4 has a new title...

explodet

http://home.businesswire.com/portal...d=news_view&newsId=20050404005366&newsLang=en

CHERTSEY, England--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 4, 2005--According to the 2004 Urban Mobility Report by the Texas Transportation Institute, U.S. commuters endured 3.5 billion hours of traffic delays in 2002, at a cost of more than $63.2 billion. It's hell on the highway and Electronic Arts (Nasdaq:ERTS) today announced plans to let gamers live out their wildest commuter fantasies this September with Burnout Revenge(TM).

Burnout Revenge lets gamers rip through rush hour traffic and lay waste to scores of rubbernecking roadhogs in an over-the-top scene of vehicular mayhem. The game is currently in development by Criterion Games for the PlayStation(R) 2 computer entertainment system and Xbox(R) video game system from Microsoft.

Burnout Revenge is the sequel to 2004's award-winning Burnout 3: Takedown, which has garnered dozens of awards, including "Game of the Year" by Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine, "Multiplatform Game of the Year" by Electronic Gaming Monthly and "Best Xbox Game of 2004" by GameSpot.

In addition to tricked out new race, crash and road rage modes, Burnout Revenge takes the series' blistering speed and spectacular destruction to dizzying new heights with an all-new Revenge mode, challenging gamers to battle the clock and unleash their frustrations on rush hour traffic.

EA will debut Burnout Revenge at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles on May 18, 19 and 20, 2005.

At this point you shouldn't even be surprised that a 3rd party game isn't coming to the Cube and just adjust and buy a PS2 or Xbox if you want those games.

tetsuoxb

wobedraggled said:
Again no cube version :(

Gay, there was NO reason bo3 couldn't have been brought over.

I hate this industry.

Is your goal to post something about Nintendo in every thread today? If it is, you are doing a pretty good job.

tetsuoxb said:
Is your goal to post something about Nintendo in every thread today? If it is, you are doing a pretty good job.

Is your goal to follow me around and complain about my posting, then your doing a stellar job as well.

SolidSnakex said:
At this point you shouldn't even be surprised that a 3rd party game isn't coming to the Cube and just adjust and buy a PS2 or Xbox if you want those games.

I own an xbox, and that's where this game will go.

Just a sad state of things, that's all.

wobedraggled said:
I own an xbox, and that's where this game will go.

Just a sad state of things, that's all.

So if you own a system that's getting the game, then why complain about another system that isn't getting it?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
bo45ov0nr.jpg

in other news, nintendo fans are stupid.

Acosta

public forum

It´s a private forum.

However, as far as I can see, is as legit to talk about a no GC version, as criticise that opinion of you. Both are opinions afterall, everyone "express thoughts and feelings". Hope you don´t take it as an offense, I´m just trying to be constructive here.

In other news, funny how they use the "cool" Revenge, sounds a marketing decission.

mrklaw said:
no news on a 360 version? Are publishers just not mentioning it until MS announce it?

Criterion said a few days ago that they aren't working on any next gen games.

As for the title of the new Burnout game. Revenge for what?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
mrklaw said:
no news on a 360 version? Are publishers just not mentioning it until MS announce it?
Yup, exactly. They can at best say something like "on the next generation Xbox platform", but that's it. MS prefers to shock & awe everyone at E3 with dozens of games. It does not mean that there is a Xbox360 version of the game, I'm starting to have doubts about that EA list of next gen titles.
I found lots of screenshots of Burnout Revenge on a press EA site, but it looks like they can be published yet. Can't say I see much changes since B3, except for the more realistic color palette.

Acosta

As for the title of the new Burnout game. Revenge for what?

For crashing into my 50000 $ car?

I hope the name is not an attempt to put a "story" about street bands and mafias...

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Hitler Stole My Potato said:
wobedraggled
Banned
(Today, 06:04 AM)
Reply | Quote

God bless the new GAF.

Serious the real cull is definitely getting the job done... bring on Burnout 4!

Infernal Monkey said:
I like how EA are going to fucking ruin Burnout eventually.

"MAKE A NEW ONE EVERY YEAR! HURRY!"

Burnout: US: November 2, 2001
Burnout 2: US: October 2, 2002
Burnout 3: September 7, 2004

Good observation there Monkey....

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
wobedraggled said:
It's good to see someone can't express thoughts and feelings in a public forum without getting ass-raped by haters.

The dark and dirty past of the BEARD. You'll be missed!

On a more relevant note...I'm still sort of shocked this is getting a sequel so soon.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
The US OPM article offered up a few specifics about changes they're working on, in particular the ability to take out traffic rather than just be taken out by it. Will be interesting to see how they draw the line there. I've been with the series since the first one and they successfully managed to hold my interest through three titles so far, so I can't help but look forward to the fourth. I do hope they manage to find a less obtrusive way to incorporate EA Trax this time around though. Besides a better music selection, the other problem was that the EA Trax HUD would pop up on top of the Burnout meter and other indicators.

Elios83

I really like the new color palette and the realistic look but I fear for the 1 year development cycle.
In a single year it's very difficult to really improve a game.The risk of more of the same is definetly high.

Acosta

Color! Thank God for color.

If you want the truth, for certain games I like a darker and more realistic tones. But that is my opinion.

That magazine scan is supposed to be Burnout or is a photosopped image of Godfather? I like it that way.

All I can say is..........BRING BACK THE TRAFFIC!

Burnout 3 was so baron and near devoid of traffic in many levels compared to the previous two games. Too much focus on speed. Speed is good.... but give me more twisting track design and heavier traffic. Or at least an unlockable hard mode with increased traffic! That would be cool :)

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
It looks great, but that's not surprising.

I'm sure its coming.
I was hoping for the PSP version after reading all the crazed enthusiasm that Alex Ward expressed for PSP at last year's E3. No such luck I guess, now that EA "helps" them making decisions. I'm thinking It might get ported over by EA's PSP team, but without Criterion's coding wizard I have a feeling it'll suck.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Looks great, can't wait to see the next-gen version.

Moreover, looking at this, I can't wait to see Black!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Doom_Bringer said:
ya! Haven't heard about Black since E3, maybe it got canned?

I hope not. Maybe there was a media blackout on it as they started to shape it into a game. IIRC, what was shown previously was more of a tech demo that a fully honed and balanced game. It'd be nice if it popped up again at E3 for next gen consoles.

Doom_Bringer said:
holy fucking shit! That's incredible

Honestly it doesn't look all that different to the intital Burnout 3 screens that were released. A slightly more realistic colour tone. It DOES look good, but I would have rathered a next gen version (praying for Xbox 2 version).

Dr_Cogent

Banned
VictimOfGrief said:
Honestly do you have to ask?

Quit stalking me Victim.

And yes, I do want to know. Sure it may be a dev system, and if it is he can say so. Do you honestly really even need to interject?

Top Bottom