• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"But if you've got to look like somebody, it might as well be Natalie Portman."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
Keira Knightley speaks in The Wave:

the_wave_cover_v04_i15_228w.jpg

http://www.thewavemag.com/pagegen.php?pagename=article&articleid=24906 <--(Full interview)

11990.jpg

TW: Do you still get mistaken for Natalie Portman?

KK: Nobody confuses me with Natalie Portman at all, apart from when I do interviews like this and everybody goes, “God, you look like Natalie Portman.” But if you’ve got to look like somebody, it might as well be Natalie Portman. If you said Arnold Schwarzenegger, I’d be a bit worried, but Natalie Portman’s fine. The weird thing is, I met her a couple of months ago and we look absolutely nothing alike. When we stand next to each other, I’m taller, she’s skinnier, she’s gorgeous, but apart from having brown eyes and now I have brown hair, the similarities stop there. But Jesus, if it’s Natalie Portman, then yeah, why not?

Keira and Natalie do look similar, though. :p

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Knightley makes it sound like she just met Portman a few months ago. They were on the set at the same time for The Phantom Menace, right? Why does she sound so surprised that people think they look alike? She played Portman's decoy!

golem

Dan said:
Knightley makes it sound like she just met Portman a few months ago. They were on the set at the same time for The Phantom Menace, right? Why does she sound so surprised that people think they look alike? She played Portman's decoy!

the way lucas shoots, i wouldnt be surprised to hear none of the actors ever met each other in real life...

Dan

Heh, like the infamous situation where Terence Stamp acted against a cardboard cutout of Portman?

Dead

well not really...yet
Dan said:
Heh, like the infamous situation where Terence Stamp acted against a cardboard cutout of Portman?
???

Thats Portman in basically all of Episode 1, a cardboard cutout....

Dan

DeadStar said:
???

Thats Portman in basically all of Episode 1, a cardboard cutout....
All sarcasm aside, Lucas quite literally gave Portman the day off and had Stamp act against a cardboard cutout.

Dan

Nope. Terence Stamp went on a tirade in some interviews after The Phantom Menace came out, talking about how he'd never been so insulted and how he'd never work with Lucas again.

Substance

Dan said:
Nope. Terence Stamp went on a tirade in some interviews after The Phantom Menace came out, talking about how he'd never been so insulted and how he'd never work with Lucas again.

Hmmm, I didn't know he became so angry about it. Disappointed, maybe.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
He wasn't insulted. Just displeased and disappointed that he didn't get to act with Portman as he had looked forward to.

Dan

cybamerc said:
He wasn't insulted. Just displeased and disappointed that he didn't get to act with Portman as he had looked forward to.
I remember an extremely irate interview. *shrugs*

KK: Nobody confuses me with Natalie Portman at all, apart from when I do interviews like this and everybody goes, “God, you look like Natalie Portman.” But if you’ve got to look like somebody, it might as well be Natalie Portman. If you said Arnold Schwarzenegger, I’d be a bit worried,

how about "Natalie Portman with Arnold Schwarzeneggar's jaw"?

ge-man

I don't know what is, but in spite of their huge similarities I find Keira to be more attractive. I'm glad that her career isn't being impacted heavily by the fact that she looks almost like NP's twin.

That's the first time I ever heard that Stamp story. It really must be frustrating to be an actor in a Lucas film (though I bet the paycheck softens the blow).

Matlock

Banned
'course, Sofia Coppola played one of Amidala's handmaidens...so when's the comparison pics of her gonna star---oh wai

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
aoi tsuki said:
Portman has a rounder, slightly more full face and looks cuter. Knightly's is more slender, and she looks more mature.
Yup. I think the difference in their looks is rather reflective of their ethnicity. I think Natalie is much better looking, Keira is pretty but I've never been just captivated by her like I have been by Natalie in a few movies.

Terence Stamp on George Lucas:

http://www.thestranger.com/1999-10-07/film.html

"When you're working with a director who doesn't have enough faith in you to let you read the script...," Stamp explains, trailing off, then tries it another way. "I was gasping to work with Natalie Portman [cast as Queen Amidala]. I'd seen her in The Professional, like, six times. On the day I walk up there [to the set], Lucas says, 'Oh, we've given her a holiday, so this post -- see where that big post is? -- that's Natalie.' Thanks, thanks a bunch. So it was like that."

LOL!!! George Lucas is such an egotistical freak! "here, mr. good actor, i've given my other actor the day off, how about you act against this POLE? how 'bout it, chap?"

HEY, this is not about George Fucking Lucas and how he can't direct, its about the comparitive hotness of Kiera and Natalie, and needs more pics.

Keira and Natalie are like the 2 celebs I would like to do/date the most(with Virginie Ledoyen).

They're so hot.

Any fans of Keira should check out the remake of Doctor Zhivago(a good remake BTW) where she is topless. :)

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
You get an even nicer shot of Keira's goodies in a movie called 'The Hole'. It didn't get alot of US coverage thanks to Disney's denial that any of their actors could possibly appear nude anywhere.

Dan

Keira5.jpg

She looks like an evil fox here. Like she's about to sink her teeth into you and send burning lasers from her eyes.

ConfusingJazz said:
HEY, this is not about George Fucking Lucas and how he can't direct, its about the comparitive hotness of Kiera and Natalie, and needs more pics.

Though you should direct you braging towards Natalie, cause I read that she wouldn't stop crying on set(like in the senate scene) because the dresses and head dews were REALLY heavy. She probably couldn't stand it anymore, so George gave her a day off. I know it sucks for Mr.Stamps(who's a freakin great actor), but the hairdues and dresses look like a freakin chore... espacially for a 14 year old.

aoi tsuki

i don't know about Natalie, but Keira's always looked skinny from the pics i've seen. Nearly Calista Flockhart skinny at times. Doesn't turn me off at all though.

And i just discovered Love Actually in the living room (one of my roommate's DVDs). Blonde Keira doesn't do it for me, but it's worth checking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom