• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seik

Banned
Positive seller feedback for LiquidMetal14.

Sold me FFX Vita, a pleasure to deal with! :D

I was too minutes too late for Dunder's DR3. Better chance next time I guess.

Positive buyer feedback for Mud. Bought a PC off him that was of great value.

Also more Positive feedback for grkazan12 bought a monitor from him.

Bowser

It seems a bit unusual to require a gift payment but to also require shipping to a verified paypal address. Gift payments in no way protect a buyer because it's not allowed to be used for the purchase of goods. In fact, you can't even associate a shipping address on a paypal purchase using gift can you?

I'd say if someone is willing to risk 450 for a gift payment they should be able to get it shipped wherever, but maybe i'm mistaking something?

You can't associate a shipping address to a gift payment as it's not considered an actual transaction by PayPal. You can leave your shipping information in the note field, but it doesn't afford the same security an actual transaction would.

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification guys. As you can see, I use Paypal very infrequently. Anyway, I think if a GAFer wanted it, I'd trust them not to screw one of their own over.

goldenpp72

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification guys. As you can see, I use Paypal very infrequently. Anyway, I think if a GAFer wanted it, I'd trust them not to screw one of their own over.

I'm saying with a gift payment, they can't screw you over. Once the money is in your account there is nothing they can do to get that money back because it's a gift and is stated as such. Using gift as a payment method for goods is a violation of Paypals TOS which means even if the buyer did file a claim, they themselves would be shut down for breaking Paypals rules.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume no sane person is willing to risk 450 bucks on a gift payment though, the extra few bucks to cover the fee means both sides can be safe, but I could be wrong. Usually I use gift payments for very small transactions from people with pretty reliable histories, otherwise I just pay the few cents to protect us both. I'm not trying to tell you how to conduct business, but letting you know that as a seller and buyer, i'd not even bother contacting someone with those rules, so it might help to think about it a bit.

Bowser

I'm saying with a gift payment, they can't screw you over. Once the money is in your account there is nothing they can do to get that money back because it's a gift and is stated as such. Using gift as a payment method for goods is a violation of Paypals TOS which means even if the buyer did file a claim, they themselves would be shut down for breaking Paypals rules.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume no sane person is willing to risk 450 bucks on a gift payment though, the extra few bucks to cover the fee means both sides can be safe, but I could be wrong. Usually I use gift payments for very small transactions from people with pretty reliable histories, otherwise I just pay the few cents to protect us both. I'm not trying to tell you how to conduct business, but letting you know that as a seller and buyer, i'd not even bother contacting someone with those rules, so it might help to think about it a bit.

Oh, I get what you're saying now. Yeah, you're right, the fees will only end up being something like $13 (@ $450), so it's not that big of a deal anyway. I'll amend my post. Thanks for the tips, I'm a total n00b at this stuff as you can see.

-Neogaf plus
-All items are opened or used unless stated otherwise
-Paypal Only
-All prices include Shipping, US only please
-More pictures of any item available on request, just ask!

gYv7Dcrl.jpg

VhHjDC1l.jpg

3DS XL Pink/White – A few small scuffs and scratches on the outside, but overall in excellent condition and the screens are near flawless. Comes with a charger, and a 4gb SD card. $120

5m8GTTJl.jpg

Tales of Xillia Collectors Edition – Brand new! $100

Assorted Games:

1orPNewl.jpg

Dragons Crown (Vita) - SOLD
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds *Physical copy* (3DS) - SOLD
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (3DS) - $16
Shinobi (3DS) – SOLD
Persona 2 (PSP) – Brand new $10

Collectables

w5lx6jRl.jpg

1Gcf8Jhl.jpg

Fire Emblem Awakening D4 Rubber Keychains – Comes in the box shown, keychains are still sealed in plastic. $6 each

XBIWgCll.jpg

YxD5J65l.jpg

Movic Sword Art Online Asuna 1/8 PVC – Never fully opened(One of the seals at the top of the box is cracked). $80

UXQdPL5l.jpg

GcrkczWl.jpg

VERTEX Persona 4 Ultimate Arena Mitsuru Kirijo 1/7 PVC – In great condition, everything it came with in its original box. $80

PM if interested!

Istaerion

As both a seller and buyer on this thread, I wouldn't even consider accepting or sending a gift payment that large unless the other person was insanely reputable and easy to trace.

You can dispute gift payments, however, it's not as straightforward as a normal transaction and involves taking up the claim with your bank rather than PayPal.

At the end of the day, a gift payment serves as a double-edged sword for both buyers and sellers due to its beneficial yet easily abusable nature. I, frankly, only really utilize them in transactions involving digital goods as a normal payment offers no more security than a gift payment due to PayPal's policies.

sadromeo

Some POSITIVE FEEDBACK for KiDdYoNe.

Great transaction, great seller. Sold me DR3 and D8 at great prices and provided them very quickly!

I'm looking for a cheap deal on a brand new 32GB or better 64GB Vita Memory Card.

PM me if you have any you want to sell. Far preferable if local in Toronto Canada, but I could do PayPal, we'll have to work something out.

Just curious: why does it have to be brand new? Only asking b/c I frequently see people selling their used--but working--32GB and 64GB cards in this thread.

I only really get new stuff unless I get a used one for crazy cheap, I just REALLY prefer new.

What deals have you seen for used ones?

Edit: Seems folks tend to sell the 64GB card for around $90 with shipping. Hoping for at least $80 with shipping included (and of course being able to ship to Canada :p).

And make it as good as new! XD

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Positive for KiDdYoNe - just what I was looking for, good service. I'd put him on the WWE roster any day.

AwRy108

I only really get new stuff unless I get a used one for crazy cheap, I just REALLY prefer new.

What deals have you seen for used ones?

Edit: Seems folks tend to sell the 64GB card for around $90 with shipping. Hoping for at least $80 with shipping included (and of course being able to ship to Canada :p).

And make it as good as new! XD

I've seen one or two people recently sell their used 64GB's for $80-$90, but never less than that. I've seen a few 32GB's for sale on here, but I'm fairly certain they weren't less than $50.

Oh, and if you want a new 64GB card, import from here for less than $90 shipped: http://www.superufo.com/products/psvita/PS_VITA_PSVITA___Memory_Card_64GB_Japan_Version.html#user_reviews

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
More positive feedback for KiDdYoNe

Also, a question.

If I log into Paypal I see this:

52MPHtB.jpg

And even if I click to send to friends and family, it applies some big ass fee and only allows it to be put on them.

Yet if I click on that "My Paypal" thing in the corner it goes to my list of transactions and there is a send tab there like this:

AUAFSDY.jpg

And that gives me the option of putting the fee on them or on me, and it's only a few cents.

WTF is going on?

Geneijin

Reposting

For Sale:
$20 PSN card - $18 each.
Mario Kart 8 code for the Club Nintendo Promo - $19.

Want To Buy:
Devil Survivor: Overclocked

Also, a question.

52MPHtB.jpg

And even if I click to send to friends and family, it applies some big ass fee and only allows it to be put on them.

Yet if I click on that "My Paypal" thing in the corner it goes to my list of transactions and there is a send tab there like this:

AUAFSDY.jpg

And that gives me the option of putting the fee on them or on me, and it's only a few cents.

WTF is going on?
Are you using a debit or credit card? PayPal charges you a transaction fee. That's why. It's such a scam.

Fees for using your debit or credit card with your PayPal account

There is no fee when you use your card to pay for goods, services, or eBay items.
If you use your card to send money to someone for personal reasons (not to pay for something), we charge a small fee.
You can pay the fee or ask the recipient to pay it. Your card issuer may charge a cash advance fee, too.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I have a canadian $20 PSN code. If someone's interested, I'd be willing to trade it for a canadian Nintendo eShop code of the same value!

Dice

So the only way it sends from my bank account is if I'm in that "My Paypal" section deeper in the site? What douchelords. Before finding that inside option I dropped an extra dollar to send as for goods and services because I thought the high friend fee was a cross-continental thing that made it same difference.

jfoul

WTB Steam:

• Dead Rising 3
  • Metal Gear Rising
  • South Park: The Stick of Truth
  • Dark Souls II
  • Dark Souls II: Season Pass

WTB Hardware: (United States serial numbers only)

• Nvidia Geforce GTX 780 3GB/6GB (ASUS/MSI/Gigabyte/EVGA)
  • AMD Radeon R9 290/X (ASUS/MSI/Gigabyte)

SmokeMaxX

More positive feedback for KiDdYoNe

Also, a question.

52MPHtB.jpg

AUAFSDY.jpg

WTF is going on?
The first one is basically "send as payment for goods." It's a bit misleading because it doesn't really mention fees but the seller still gets hit with them so you have to take that into account. The second one gives you the choice of gifting the payment. Like Geneijin said, if you use a card, you still have to pay a fee. That's why most people gift payments from their bank account.

EDIT: I'm a bit late, but yeah Paypal is always trying to find ways to nickel and dime people. I just LOVE their fee for chargebacks. "We fought on your behalf so we're charging you $30" even though they just bend over and take it from credit card companies.

Dice

The first one is basically "send as payment for goods." It's a bit misleading because it doesn't really mention fees but the seller still gets hit with them so you have to take that into account.
It's extremely misleading because after you enter an amount there it asks you if it's for friends and family or for goods and services, and no matter which one you pick it is a high fee that they eat, I guess because it must be pulling from the card instead of the bank.

chuckycem

paolo11

SmokeMaxX

It's extremely misleading because after you enter an amount there it asks you if it's for friends and family or for goods and services, and no matter which one you pick it is a high fee that they eat, I guess because it must be pulling from the card instead of the bank.

Oh wow you get hit by a higher fee even if you put "for friends and family"? I've never used it, but I've heard a lot of people complain about it.

WTS Sega Genesis with $150-250
Fantastic Dizzy
Taz escape from mars
lion king with strategy guide
sonic 1
adams family
sonic 2 complete
the adventures of mighty max
x-men
college slam
wheel of fortune
nfl quarter backj club 96
ranger x
boogerman
batman
sonic 3d blast
sonic 3
sonic and knucklec
aladdin
bubsy
the jungle book
ahhhh real monsters
family feud
x0men 2
wackly worlds creativity studios
nba hangtime
monopoly

Geneijin

Oh wow you get hit by a higher fee even if you put "for friends and family"? I've never used it, but I've heard a lot of people complain about it.
He just means a high fee in general.

I found out the hard way with my first experience encountering this, but if someone made a gift payment with a debit or credit card and you, the seller, issue a refund, the transaction fee is non-recoverable. I think this doesn't apply if you pick the "goods or services" option, but I'm not sure honestly. It's such a scam.

SmokeMaxX

He just means a high fee in general.

I found out the hard way with my first experience encountering this, but if someone made a gift payment with a debit or credit card and you, the seller, issue a refund, the transaction fee is non-recoverable. I think this doesn't apply if you pick the "goods or services" option, but I'm not sure honestly. It's such a scam.
I thought he said gifting through the webapp charges a higher fee than going to the send page and selecting gift? Did I misread?

Oh and yeah, I feel you on non-refundable Paypal fees lol. Been hit with a lot of those.

Geneijin

I thought he said gifting through the webapp charges a higher fee than going to the send page and selecting gift? Did I misread?
He's saying he has to specifically select an option to transfer money from his bank account to avoid the fees (when transferring to someone within the U.S.) because the options he has available to choose from only lets him pay with a debit or credit card attach to the account. It's such an underhanded way to get money from you.

Oh and yeah, I feel you on non-refundable Paypal fees lol. Been hit with a lot of those.
I can't believe there isn't anybody stepping up to replace PayPal when dealing with that and other terrible things. Ugh.

SmokeMaxX

He's saying he has to specifically select an option to transfer money from his bank account to avoid the fees (when transferring to someone within the U.S.) because the options he has available to choose from only lets him pay with a debit or credit card attach to the account. It's such an underhanded way to get money from you.

I can't believe there isn't anybody stepping up to replace PayPal when dealing with that and other terrible things. Ugh.
Oh gotcha. There are actually a few Paypal competitors, they're just not popular. I am a big fan of Amazon Payments but my main account is banned so I have to use my girlfriend's account which makes it a hassle. Chase Quickpay is easy (if you use Chase lol). There's also Venmo which I've never heard of before but they gave me $5 to try them out so I guess they're trying to compete? Yesterday I tried to send a friend some money but she only knew how to use Western Union or WalMart's money sending service. I took a glance at Western Union's INSANE fees and decided to mail her a check lol.

EDIT: Oh another note- I tried to encourage all my buyers to use Amazon Payments a while back, but like only 5% of them were willing to use it. It was pretty depressing. Amazon Payments charges no fees (even if you use a card!), still gives buyer protection, and doesn't hit sellers with an additional fee if there's a chargeback.

Geneijin

Oh gotcha. There are actually a few Paypal competitors, they're just not popular. I am a big fan of Amazon Payments but my main account is banned so I have to use my girlfriend's account which makes it a hassle. Chase Quickpay is easy (if you use Chase lol). There's also Venmo which I've never heard of before but they gave me $5 to try them out so I guess they're trying to compete? Yesterday I tried to send a friend some money but she only knew how to use Western Union or WalMart's money sending service. I took a glance at Western Union's INSANE fees and decided to mail her a check lol.

EDIT: Oh another note- I tried to encourage all my buyers to use Amazon Payments a while back, but like only 5% of them were willing to use it. It was pretty depressing. Amazon Payments charges no fees (even if you use a card!), still gives buyer protection, and doesn't hit sellers with an additional fee if there's a chargeback.
Yeah, maybe I should start encouraging Amazon Payments too. Venmo is great actually, but that's limited to U.S. residents only. It's pretty nifty how you can bill people, and there's even a friends list you can add people to bill them for like lunch and stuff. I started using it like a month ago when my sibling brought it up. I definitely recommend Venmo.

SmokeMaxX

Yeah, maybe I should start encouraging Amazon Payments too. Venmo is great actually, but that's limited to U.S. residents only. It's pretty nifty how you can bill people, and there's even a friends list you can add people to bill them for like lunch and stuff. I started using it like a month ago when my sibling brought it up. I definitely recommend Venmo.

I might try it out but it probably has like 1% of the users that Amazon Payments has and AP probably has like 1% of the users Paypal has lol.

Geneijin

I might try it out but it probably has like 1% of the users that Amazon Payments has and AP probably has like 1% of the users Paypal has lol.
Oh, Venmo? I wouldn't recommend using Venmo for business transactions honestly, but you still can (and I have yet to try that out). Its usefulness and utility is convincing your friends and/or family to join in. Once you do that, it's just a godsend with how easy it is to money transfer. It's amazing when everyone buys into it.

Ignignort

Is someone from the US willing to sell a NTSC Nes to an Australian?
I'm not too sure how this thread works in terms of people shipping internationally, my options in Australia are basically eBay which is very expensive and the shipping is always insane.

If someone knows how much it would cost to ship something like that from the states to australia please let me know as I'll be pretty interested.

KiDdYoNe

Right, let's go.

Positive buyer feedback for these guys:

BPoole
CatPee
Uraizen
sadromeo
Vince McMahon
Sulla1980
Dice
PepsimanVsJoe
steadfast
jfoul
ChennehCis
Metroidvania

paolo11

WTS

I am trading or selling the following games for cheap. I figured I need to get rid of these games. These are negotiable btw.

PS3

Uncharted $10
Uncharted 2 $12
Uncharted 3 $15
Get 3 Uncharted games for $30

Darksiders $10
Infamous $10
Gran Turismo 5 $10

Get 3 of these PS3 games for $20

Xbox 360 (codes for Forza and Modern Warfare games have been used)
Forza 3 Collectors Edition $20
Forza 4 Collectors Edition $25
Dead Rising 2 Zombrex Edition $30
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 $30

Get all of the 360 games for $80

Xbox games

Splinter Cell Double Agent $10
Jade Empire $10
Shenmue 2 $15
Halo Collection (Halo 1 and 2 with map packs) $20
Get 4 Xbox games for $45

Buy the whole bundle for $140.00

My prices are negotiable. We can trade if you have the following:

A) Final Fantasy X Vita (FF X-2 code not needed)
B) Bravely Default
C) PSN card
D) PS4 controller
E) 64 GB PS Vita Memory Stick
F) New Super Mario Bros 2 for 3DS
G) Super Mario 3D World WiiU
H) WiiU Pro Controller

PM me.

ta9qi

Selling:
Mario Kart 8 Free Game Promo, one of these games:
1- Super Mario Bros U