• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
It's totally wrong. If the buyer gets scammed and doesn't receive the product, they can't complain to paypal because according to them the buyer wasn't buying anything. It makes no sense, and only benefits the seller.

Bottom line is, nobody should send money as a gift. They might as well just asked to get ripped off at that point.

Users in this thread have been 99% fine before you even had a GAF account. I think things will continue. But I will again use this post to say use Amazon payments. I actively avoid Paypal because they have terrible business practices.

Do you know if sellers outside the US can withdraw to a bank account or would we have to just convert it to gift cards?

Don't know. Look into it and tell us what you find https://payments.amazon.com/home

Peagles

Don't know. Look into it and tell us what you find https://payments.amazon.com/home

Couldn't find anything there, so I thought I'd ask here. Google wasn't much help either, but I just got off a plane and I'm super tired so I could be missing something.

If it's possible, I'd be happy to support Amazon Payments over Paypal.

Edit: Did a bit more clicking on PC (was on a tablet before and it was a bit awkward) and found this:
Adding & Managing a Bank Account
You must have a U.S.-based bank account that uses an ACH (Automated Clearing House) for accepting disbursements from Amazon Payments. (Without ACH, we cannot electronically transmit your disbursements to your bank account.)

It's totally wrong. If the buyer gets scammed and doesn't receive the product, they can't complain to paypal because according to them the buyer wasn't buying anything. It makes no sense, and only benefits the seller.

Bottom line is, nobody should send money as a gift. They might as well just asked to get ripped off at that point.

It's "practically" wrong because, as a quick look at the feedback list would show you, there are literally thousands of positive transactions that occur in this thread for every one that goes poorly. You're not just handing your money over to randoms, you're giving it to people with established and viewable track records. On top of that, these people have probably waited months for account approval, and most likely see their membership as more valuable than a two-figure payout. There is, of course, still risk involved, but on the balance of probabilities you run very little risk of getting scammed, even when paying as a gift. And it doesn't hurt that the most recent scammers I can remember here made themselves stand out as incredibly suspicious from the get go, either by selling items covered in chocolate or using their email address as their username.

Grump

Banned
Whatever. Users can do what you want.

The only reason I was making a big deal of it was because people were calling me out about the validity of something I stated.

Again, it's up to the user, but I still think you're dumb if you're willing to send gift payments.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Couldn't find anything there, so I thought I'd ask here. Google wasn't much help either, but I just got off a plane and I'm super tired so I could be missing something.

If it's possible, I'd be happy to support Amazon Payments over Paypal.

Edit: Did a bit more clicking on PC (was on a tablet before and it was a bit awkward) and found this:

Hm, what about the respective country Amazon Payments? Germany, for example https://payments.amazon.de/home

Ryne

Yeah, Amazon Payments looks like a good alternative for US residents.

I'm Canadian so it kinda isn't an option, thus the popularity of PayPal. Then again, most US sellers on here don't ship to Canada and those who do generally take PayPal.

Have

Total WAR: Rome II Steam Key
Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag - UPlay (GeForce Promo)

Want

Bioshock Infinite Steam
Batman Arkham Origins Steam

PM me and we can work out a trade of some sort.

SmokeMaxX

Last words regarding gift payments:
- Sellers don't really care if you send the payment as a gift. They just want the full amount of their money.
- Gift payments benefit BUYERS because otherwise they have to cover the fees. I sell things on a forum that does not allow gift payments and follows Paypal's rules that say you can't charge sellers for fees when you wouldn't do so on a competing service (like Amazon Payments). What do I do? I mark up the price on both Paypal and Amazon Payments so that every potential buyer is affected negatively by the stupid rule (and it's not to spite the buyers; I just want the full amount on my end).
- Gift payments are NOT immune to chargebacks. We always get people arguing against gift payments because they don't understand them. All gift payments are immune to are chargebacks directly via Paypal (and even that isn't necessarily true as we saw in the last few pages in this thread). You can still talk to your credit card company or bank about the charges and get your money back.
- Gifted payments have worked on here for a long time. It's true that there have been a few issues, but they're not specific to gifted payments. If someone wants to scam you, choosing to not gift the payment isn't going to do squat when they send you a box of rocks. Further, as been stated above, it's easy to look up feedback of buyers and sellers. From there it's up to you on what comfort level you have with a potential buyer or seller. For me, it's just straight up not worth it to scam people. I value my membership here and my trade status way more than what someone can send my way.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
WTS: One Retail Windows 8 Key.

I have been vocal on GAF about where to obtain cheap keys so I am not looking to profiteer from this. I bought this for $15 from Reddit and intend to sell it here at the same price - I don't need it anymore. Would anyone like to help a fellow GAFfer?

It's just a key, nothing more.

Positive seller feedback for liezryou

He sold me The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky and Ys: The Oath in Felghana and was very patient and helpful.

Rich!

FOR SALE:

idbQ3nWpmTwmS.jpg

Super Everdrive with DSP Chip Installed. US or PAL casing dependant on what you want (multi region). Comes with a blank 4GB SD card that has the system software on there ready to go.

Unlike the standard Super Everdrive, it has a DSP chip from a donor cart of Pilotwings installed. What this means is that it has support for games like Super Mario Kart. All mods and hacks work great on it.

£80 via PayPal, tracked postage is included in that price. If you are in Europe, it's €100 and for the USA its $145.

RaidenZR

Hey guys,

I've got a Club Nintendo Platinum (or Gold) Reward code if anyone wants to trade. I sat on the fence for a while about this, but in the end I have all the games in their lineup that I'm even remotely interested in. I'd like to trade for something of value that I can actually get some use out of. I'm looking to trade for any of the following (also open to more suggestions):

Amazon Credit
PSN Card
Nintendo Points
Paypal

Maybe $10-15 depending on what game is desired. Here's the lineup for a refresher:

I can get you the code immediately. PM if you are interested.

Arken2121

Extreme positive feedback for dmix90. Everything was done in a timely manner and he communicated consistently until the process was finished.

TAFK

Hey guys,

I've got a Club Nintendo Platinum (or Gold) Reward code if anyone wants to trade. I sat on the fence for a while about this, but in the end I have all the games in their lineup that I'm even remotely interested in. I'd like to trade for something of value that I can actually get some use out of. I'm looking to trade for any of the following (also open to more suggestions):

Amazon Credit
PSN Card
Nintendo Points
Paypal

Maybe $10-15 depending on what game is desired. Here's the lineup for a refresher:

I can get you the code immediately. PM if you are interested.

Pretty sure you needed to have chosen what game to redeem by the first of August so you may be SOL

Istaerion

NeoGAF Plus Buyer & Gold Seller

Payment is to be made through PayPal. Buyer is responsible for transaction fees unless the gift (family & friends) option is utilized when sending it over.

If applicable, item prices listed below include shipping costs for USPS' Priority Mail Service (2-3 Day) within the United States.

SOLD OUT

Should you have a purchase claim or any questions, please feel free to send me a PM.

Patita

Neo Member
If nobody wants to sell EA Access code, I'm looking to trade one of these games for it.

Bioshock - Steam Key.

Limbo - Steam Key.

Bastion - Steam Key.

Mirrors Edge - Steam Key.

Alan Wake : American Nightmare - Steam Key.

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - Steam key.

Dead space - Steam Key.

Slixshot

Banned
WTS: Used Asus G73JH
Factory restored settings (but had to make a profile to collect the image below)

m6sZ0w7l.jpg

Mobility Radeon 5870
500 GB Hard Drive

Click here for pictures!!

I have a G75 and this was my older computer. It worked well for me, but had some overheating issues before I fixed the fans. Haven't had a problem with it in quite some time. Marked down the price because of this though.

Outside of the case has a couple scratches, but this thing shouldnt really be played in public anyway. More of a "more-portable desktop" if you ask me.

It's a great Moba computer :)

$300 with free shipping

Bii

Pretty sure you needed to have chosen what game to redeem by the first of August so you may be SOL

I thought you had to register the Mario Kart 8's Club Nintendo code by the first of August? And then you have to select your game by a certain date, and then that code will expire at another date? Or maybe I was misinformed?

Edit: Ah, I was right!

http://club2.nintendo.com/mario-kart8-promo/

Buy Mario Kart 8 and register it with Club Nintendo by 7/31/14:

Make sure you claim your free game on the Club Nintendo site before 8/31/14

Remember: the code expires after 9/30/14, so be sure to download your game from Nintendo eShop before that date

Anyone willing to buy me a $10 NA PSN code for any of the following?

Wario Land 2 3DS VC code
Super Mario Land 2 3DS VC code
Crysis 3 Hunter's Edition content code

ryaku

Neo Member
Hi,

i'm selling a part of my collection,

Prices don't include Shipping cost and paypal fees.

DREAMCAST
---------------------

Dux + Cd audio (SEALED) : 35 Euros

dreamcast PAL Games (Lot) : 80 Euros

HeadHunter : CIB
Time Stalker : CIB
Sonic Adventure : CIB
Soul Calibur : CIB
Shen Mue 1 (just missing the outer box)
Sega Bash Fishing (Without Manual)
Resident Evil 2 (Without Manual)
Resident Evil Code Veronica (Without Manual)
4 Cd loose Shen Mue 1 + manual EN/ES

XBOX360
---------

Faceplate : Tom Clancy's Hawx : 7 Euros

Faceplate : Tom Clancy's Endwar : 7 Euros

Faceplate : Rainbow Six Las Vegas : 7 Euros

Faceplate : Rainbow Six Las Vegas 2 : 7 Euros

Faceplate : Brother In Arms: 7 Euros

PS1 :
-------

Ridge Racer Type 4 : 4 euros

Wipeout 3 : 7 Euros

XBOX :
--------

Otogi 2 : 12 Euros

PS3 :
-------

Metal Gear Solid 4 25th Anniversary Signed by Hideo Kojima : 60 Euros

Metal gear HD Collection Limited Edition (SEALED) : 110 Euros

Biohazard 15th E-capcom Edition (L'emballage est Homemade) : 120 Euros

Goodies :
----------

OST Skyrim Collector Signed by Jeremy Soule : 80 Euros

Metal Gear Risk Limited Edition 1729/2014 (SEALED) : 120 Euros

Portal Gun Replica : 200 Euros

Assassin's Creed Encyclopedia 1.0 U.K (SEALED) : 110 Euros

PRESS KIT :
------------

Red Dead Redemption : 50 Euros

Dragon Quest L'épopée des élus : 40 Euros

Child Of Eden : 25 Euros

Hitman Absolution : 20 Euros

Rayman origins : 60 Euros

Dc Universe : 40 Euros

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (E.S) : 130 Euros

Uncharted 2 : 130 Euros

Tin Press kit Metal Gear Solid IV + book : 80 Euros

Castlevania Lords Of Shadow (SEALED) : 250 euros

All pics are here

http://s120.photobucket.com/user/Ryaku38/library/VENTE?sort=3&page=1

http://s120.photobucket.com/user/Ryaku38/library/others/test?sort=3&page=1

if you want feedback you can find me on CE.org with same username ;)

I'm selling off a huge amount of my game collection. I'm not going to bother listing it all right now as there's around a couple hundred games I'm selling. Please check out the photos below to see everything.

I'm looking to unload a lot of this pretty quickly, so any reasonable offer will be accepted. I'm looking for $5-10 each for the majority of the games, not including shipping. If you buy more, I'll cut the price as much as I can. If there are any GAFers out there from Vancouver that want to buy, we can arrange a pick up.

Some of the bigger items I'm selling are priced as follows:

Folklore (factory sealed) - $20 *PENDING SALE*
Nier PS3 (complete) - $30
The Last Story Collector's (complete) - $40
Breath of Fire GBA (complete) - $20
Metroid Prime Trilogy (factory sealed) - $150
Dark Souls Limited Edition - $30
Hyper Dimension Neptunia Limited Edition (big box, art book, NO GAME) - $20
Conker: Live and Reloaded (complete) - $35
Dragon Quest IV (complete) - $30

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k...8-7257-47d9-aeac-dc914fb7d3f9_zpsb7768d54.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k...b-736f-435f-b46a-d46574abc738_zpsd37918bf.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k221/brownnosebear/IMG_0820_zpsd5575ab3.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k221/brownnosebear/IMG_0819_zps5788527e.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k221/brownnosebear/IMG_0814_zpsab4b472a.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k221/brownnosebear/IMG_0813_zps0fae7abd.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k221/brownnosebear/IMG_0812_zps680195e6.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k221/brownnosebear/IMG_0811_zpsc793f21e.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k221/brownnosebear/IMG_0810_zps873c8d80.jpg

If you have any questions, please feel free to message me. I may also add more games later, so if you're looking for something else, feel free to ask me if I've got it.

The Llama

WTB:
Looking for a GPU, either some type of 290 or 780. Don't really care what model or anything, to be honest, and condition doesn't matter as long as it works. Just need something since I spilled water on my 290 and killed it.

KingV

FOR SALE:

Wolfenstein: The New Order for Xbox One (XBO)

$30 Shipped USPS Priority.

Payment:

Amazon Payments (preferred), Paypal Gift.

Also willing to trade for $35 in Amazon Gift Cards, Xbox Live $'s, or PSN $'s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom