• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Istaerion

That's a rotten move. And your response of "sorry, bro?" That's taking "rotten" to a whole new level.

Now, why wouldn't Coldsnap get a negative feedback rating for this? He clearly screwed over the buyer, who was the first person to show interest. For a long time our feedback system has been going on the honor system, but it never showcases instances like this. If we were to play by eBay rules, then, again, Coldsnap would get a negative rating.

How can we, as the GAF community, ensure that instances like this don't happen? Or do we continue to go by "at seller's discretion?"

First of all, the original buyer vanished for apparently four hours without a single word of notice. If I was selling a hot ticket item getting multiple hits for purchase and someone pulled that act with me? I'd sell it to someone else as well.

Now, the thing I would've done different from Coldsnap is actually provide follow-up rather than go straight into another sale and then fail to mention the fact immediately afterward.

I don't believe Coldsnap deserves negative feedback for simply doing something that benefited him without malicious consequences. It's not like he received payment under false pretenses nor took his sweet time in processing a refund.

Coldsnap is solely guilty of the lack of proper professionalism and nothing more. If we were to give black marks to every user who suffers from poor communication skills or what-have-you, we'd have quite a problem here.

I've had many instances where buyers were interested in an item of mine, "commit" to a sale, and then simply vanish for hours, days, sometimes even weeks without a single word of notice. Heck, my Star Ocean games are technically "sold" to mgtn but the chap just doesn't respond despite logging in several times to NeoGAF according to his activity history.

I don't leave negative feedback because it's really no harm to me or the community at large. I'd sooner just avoid the chap in question when regarding business deals later on.

MrDaravon

That's a rotten move. And your response of "sorry, bro?" That's taking "rotten" to a whole new level.

Now, why wouldn't Coldsnap get a negative feedback rating for this? He clearly screwed over the buyer, who was the first person to show interest. For a long time our feedback system has been going on the honor system, but it never showcases instances like this. If we were to play by eBay rules, then, again, Coldsnap would get a negative rating.

How can we, as the GAF community, ensure that instances like this don't happen? Or do we continue to go by "at seller's discretion?"

No money actually changed hands, it would be ridiculous to be able to leave negative feedback for people in this manner, unless maaaaaybe if it was something super egregious (like stringing him along for days or something). Selling an item because someone didn't respond within 4 hours is completely fucking absurd however, and if people fell strongly about it they should put him on ignore and just move on.

vocab

Selling:
I'm looking to sell a Madcatz Round 1 (PS3) Stick In excellent condition. Lightly used. Stick is still tight. Has one minor micro scratch on the black base. Comes with Box (excellent condition), and two button plugs are in place of the 7th and 8th button. I'm looking for $105 for it.

vocab said:
uoa8fHY.jpg

PS3 - Sly Cooper collection $10

WTB 3ds. excellent condition.

emb

First of all, the original buyer vanished for apparently four hours without a single word of notice. If I was selling a hot ticket item getting multiple hits for purchase and someone pulled that act with me? I'd sell it to someone else as well.

Now, the thing I would've done different from Coldsnap is actually provide follow-up rather than go straight into another sale and then fail to mention the fact immediately afterward.

I don't believe Coldsnap deserves negative feedback for simply doing something that benefited him without malicious consequences. It's not like he received payment under false pretenses nor took his sweet time in processing a refund.

Coldsnap is solely guilty of the lack of proper professionalism and nothing more. If we were to give black marks to every user who suffers from poor communication skills or what-have-you, we'd have quite a problem here.

I've had many instances where buyers were interested in an item of mine, "commit" to a sale, and then simply vanish for hours, days, sometimes even weeks without a single word of notice. Heck, my Star Ocean games are technically "sold" to mgtn but the chap just doesn't respond despite logging in several times to NeoGAF according to his activity history.

I don't leave negative feedback because it's really no harm to me or the community at large. I'd sooner just avoid the chap in question when regarding business deals later on.
Just to throw in my two cents...

Whenever you send someone a PM to let them know they're first, and where to pay, I've always thought of that as an assumed "ok, you got it, you have dibs unless you cancel". We can obviously take this to extremes though, and see that it can't just be an indefinite hold. From my perspective, it's very common to not visit NeoGaf (or be able to send the funds) for four hours. If I got that PM and had other things to do, I wouldn't expect my dibs on the item to be at risk for at least a day.

I guess the important thing is just to communicate, from both sides. To the buyer it wasn't clear that immediate payment was expected, and to the seller it wasn't clear that the buyer would be away for a bit. Nothing worth bad feedback or anything like that, just another reminder to all parties doing business here to be as clear and communicative as possible.

Koppai

Ulimately there cannot be negative feedback given since no money changed hands in my opinion. If the money had already changed hands and the seller backed out then surely there would be negative feedback.

Communication is always key, I hate it when people don't contact me when someone else asks me about the item and wants to buy it then. Sometimes I end up losing the sell because the buyer says they want me to hold it and then they don't contact me again.

And with that,

Still have the Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D Soundtrack & Club Nintendo Majora's Mask soundtracks for sell. $32 each or $55 for both shipped. (UPS ground shipping)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Positive fe3edback for Stronghammer22, as he does. A+ dope-ass dude.

grkazan12

WTS North American - White Vita (OLED) w/64 GB Memory Card (Excellent Condition)

$330.00 Shipped (includes original packaging that it came in)

PM me if interested.

12598880454_a25d7c8097_b.jpg

NeoGAF Plus rated seller, buy with confidence! PayPal gifts ONLY. Trades also considered.

Have (Steam keys, US based):

5JgQ7wQ.jpg

Victoria II - $3

9OPvKmy.png

Inversion - $3 (NA region locked)

engfFGU.png

Red Faction Armageddon - $2

OejOcLn.jpg

Sword of the Stars: Complete Collection - $2

zKJyQp7.jpg

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - $2

Want (Steam gifts/keys):

The Stanley Parable
The Wolf Among Us
Walking Dead Season 2
The Secret World
Arkham Origins
The Banner Saga
Jazzpunk

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Interested in trading my PS4 for an Xbox One. Not sure if shipping costs will make this worth our whiles, but I'd rather deal here than on CL.

Willing to discuss/debate, what I'm thinking right now is PS4 and two of Cod:ghosts, Fifa, Ass Creed for the Xbone. Not sure what people are really valuing these systems at in the secondhand market, so feel free to chime in as to what's fair even if you're not necessarily personally interested. I know Target is giving a $50 GC with Xbones right now, so that is factoring in to me valuing them a little lower.

I also have two more controllers and a vita we can throw into the mix in whatever combination you're interested in. I'm honestly not really that interested in many X1 games right now, I'd be willing to give value for Madden, Forza, NFS, and Ass Creed. Open to whatever discussions. It's likely I'd need to get a bit of cash to include the Vita in anything.

All of my stuff's in pretty much perfect second hand condition. The PS4 controllers have 100 hours on them combined, and they all look really good. No stick problems so far. Willing to take pictures of whatever you're interested in.

Willing to receive or send cash to even out a trade. Just talk to me.

EDIT: I have only used this forum for trading once. I have perfect Ebay feedback since 2008 (But relatively few (24) transactions).
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=piratethingy&ftab=AllFeedback

Willing to ship first to a reputable trader because of my lack of feedback.

Neverfade

Still have a Bravely Default Collector's edition for sale.

Slight crease on spine due to lovely Amazom bubble mailer but it isn't too bad. I can PM a pic if someone is interested.

80 shipped.

Christopher

Nintendo Gamecube Games!

• Pokémon coliseum Bonus Disc RARE
  • Resident Evil
  • Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
  • Metroid Prime
  • Metroid Prime 2: Echos
  • Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Sonic Adventure DX
  • Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
  • Sonic Heroes
  • Sonic Mega Collection
  • Super Smash Brothers Melee
  • Super Mario Sunshine
  • Pikmin
  • Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
  • Wave Race: Blue Storm
  • Viewtiful Joe
  • Star Fox Adventures
  • Eternal Darkenss: Sanity's Requiem
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Rachet and Clank Tools of Destruction
  • 1080 Snowboarding

Sydle

Long shot trades in the US. Been a GAF member since 2006. Bought and sold here many times.

Trade A
  • My Slim PS3 120GB with original box, The Last of Us, Journey (digital), Infamous (digital), and official charger
  • Your 3DSXL in great condition with some games
Trade B
  • My Dead Rising 3 Day One Edition or Forza 5 Limited Edition
  • Your Tomb Raider: DE and Assassin's Creed 4 (Xbox One)
DR3 is still in the original shrink wrap. I unwrapped Forza 5, but it's still in mint condition. I bought both digitally instead.

baphomet

Some stuff for sale.

Modded PS2 Slim console - $125 shipped in the states

Includes console modded with Modbo 4.0 chip, 2 controllers, memory card, power adapter, and av cables. Chip allows pretty much whatever you're wanting to do. Imports, backups including dual layers, forcing ntsc/pal, etc. Check online if you want to see everything it offers. Works great, case is in decent condition. If you're interested if swapping the case for a new one it would be an additional $20 for the case and installing it. it's an SCPH-77001 version. It's been my main ps2 for a long time now, and it's only being sold because i picked up a few more slim ps2 consoles yesterday and kept one of those.

KQzKdVA.jpg

maP3zGl.jpg

aT4wF0H.jpg

pWwo06k.jpg

pic of the install of not this exact console, but it's my work.

RGB Modded SNES Mini with Purple LED - $100 shipped in the states

Picked up 2 of these yesterday and both are being sold. They are console only, so no power cables or av cables. Works great and looks amazing. Works with an RGB monitor, xrgb mini, or rgb to component adapter. Supposedly the minis have the best quality rgb picture out of any snes. you can tell a difference, but it isn't some drastic difference over a regular snes outputting rgb. console also has a purple led light. Looks much better in person than it shows up in the pics. Console does have a small crack on one of the back corners. it's been superglued closed from the inside to prevent it from cracking anymore. it's shown in one of the pictures below.

RsWPOvY.jpg

3ECV1xX.jpg

BcBmXgp.jpg

ygVrlMG.jpg

this exact console showing the leds wiring and the wiring for the rgb signal. This is before it was put back together which is why the heatsink isn't on.

I'll be updating this in a few days with some more stuff i picked up including 2 turbografx 16 consoles. one with a component modification and one with an rgb mod. another modded ps2 as well, and another snes mini like the one above.

Only trades i'm looking for currently are an atari jaguar console with controllers and games.

WTS Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - PS Vita Code (NA) $21 (paypal or amazon GC)
I'm open to trading as well (pretty much for any system). I also have Class of Heroes II codes for trade/offer.

mdsfx

No money actually changed hands, it would be ridiculous to be able to leave negative feedback for people in this manner, unless maaaaaybe if it was something super egregious (like stringing him along for days or something). Selling an item because someone didn't respond within 4 hours is completely fucking absurd however, and if people fell strongly about it they should put him on ignore and just move on.

I regret posting about this. Im sure hes a fine seller, but was just eager to get the funds. I was just a little sour, taking my frustration at the time to this thread. I shouldve just let it go.

Gumbie

WTB

PlayStation 3 preferably a slim or super slim, but I will consider any model as long as it's in good shape.

Want To Trade some of the following:

- Halo 4
- Red Dead Redemption
- Spec Ops The Line (sealed)
- Forza Horizon (never played)
- Dishonored (never played)
- Max Payne 3 (never played)
- Borderlands 1 & 2 (never played)

PS3
- Demons Souls
- Dark Souls
- Burnout Paradise
- Dirt 3
- Fallout 3
- Darksiders
- Battlefield 4

PS4
- Neef for Speed Rivals (barely played)
- Injustice (never played, opened)

For the following:

a 3DS. I want a 3DS but I can't bring myself to buy one. May as well see if any of these games are appealing enough to get someone to part with their handheld. PM me to make me an offer for which games of mine you'll take to cover the trade. Or, if you'd be interested in making a cash offer for some or all, that's welcome too. cheers.

Istaerion

Just to throw in my two cents...

Whenever you send someone a PM to let them know they're first, and where to pay, I've always thought of that as an assumed "ok, you got it, you have dibs unless you cancel". We can obviously take this to extremes though, and see that it can't just be an indefinite hold. From my perspective, it's very common to not visit NeoGaf (or be able to send the funds) for four hours. If I got that PM and had other things to do, I wouldn't expect my dibs on the item to be at risk for at least a day.

I guess the important thing is just to communicate, from both sides. To the buyer it wasn't clear that immediate payment was expected, and to the seller it wasn't clear that the buyer would be away for a bit. Nothing worth bad feedback or anything like that, just another reminder to all parties doing business here to be as clear and communicative as possible.

Communication is certainly key as explained in my last and previous posts, however, there's still a certain element of common sense and, frankly, fair regard that can't be overlooked.

You can't possibly express interest in a high ticket item and just vanish without giving the slightest bit of notice without expecting your reservation to be overlooked. I understand time is important, but that goes both ways.

While I wouldn't immediately jump to another user, I can't say I'd put much importance in a sale if a buyer disappeared for hours and then didn't respond to my followup message sent somewhere in between the initial sale claim and the turnaround.

Naturally, this would only apply to an item that's receiving plenty of hits (5+ in a short time). It's a complete different story to blow someone off within four hours or even a day for a item that's only received one or two interested buyer(s).

how about a 12/24 hour standard hold time unless specified by the buyer/seller?

That's just ridiculous and unnecessary, to be frank. Going back to what I said to emb, it's a case of common sense and fair regard and nothing more.

If you were to force reservations as a standard, it would seriously make this an unfriendly environment to sellers as god knows there's a lot of people clearly in need of better business tact in this thread. I don't wish to name people, but placing that as a rule would simply reward people who, for the lack of a better explanation, find their time more important than the given seller's time and necessity.

WANT TO SELL

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS) PAL Version
Used Condition - Club Nintendo code is not included
£12

I accept PayPal.
I only ship to the UK. All items will be shipped via Royal Mail, 1st Class Standard.
All prices include delivery.

Tempting mod consoles I can't afford...how does that RGB stuff work? Do I need an RGB-Component or RGB-HDMI adapter?

Istaerion said:
You can't possibly express interest in a high ticket item and just vanish without giving the slightest bit of notice without expecting your reservation to be overlooked.

This is where the communication part is important. If you're selling something time sensitive for whatever reason, then yeah, the reservation is limited, but it's the sellers job to say so, else you get little conflicts like this one.

NeoGAF is a worldwide community. I could be enough time zones away that I already went to bed, or to work. I don't know if your item is receiving hits because I can't read your PMs. But if you reply back saying its time limited, and I'm asleep or whatever, oh well! I missed out.

Istaerion

Tempting mod consoles I can't afford...how does that RGB stuff work? Do I need an RGB-Component or RGB-HDMI adapter?

This is where the communication part is important. If you're selling something time sensitive for whatever reason, then yeah, the reservation is limited, but it's the sellers job to say so, else you get little conflicts like this one.

NeoGAF is a worldwide community. I could be enough time zones away that I already went to bed, or to work. I don't know if your item is receiving hits because I can't read your PMs. But if you reply back saying its time limited, and I'm asleep or whatever, oh well! I missed out.

Time Zones are a tricky business for the same reason you basically implied; people aren't going to just know your circumstances or what-have-you. Obviously, this goes both ways.

Now, I consider recently released items to be high ticket items for fairly obvious reasons. Bravely Default, for example, is a recent item and clearly sought after going by the many requests for both the collector's and regular edition on this very thread.

If I were to commit to a sale of such an item, I wouldn't request for payment details and then head off – be it sleep or going to work – without leaving notice of such. Call it tough business, but it's just common courtesy.

Naturally, it's not your fault if a seller delays response to the point where such a condition calls for your absence and thus the sale is lost as a result.

In Coldsnap's case, it seems mdsfx committed to the sale, requested information, received it, and then decided to just vanish without stating why. This is a communication mishap on mdsfx's part.

Now, Coldsnap's communication mishap is the lack of follow-up as he just assumed mdsfx changed his mind about the purchase. I would've sent a message after about an hour or two asking whether or not mdsfx was still committed. No response after 30 minutes to an hour? I'll move on to another buyer while providing notice of such.

Arla

U.S. only l Amazon Payments (preferred) & PayPal accepted l Prices are shipped.
If you live in Long Beach area feel free to meet up locally.

Excuse the quality of pics. The Moto G has takes awful shots in low-light indoor situations.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut [Steam] - I'd like to trade this for DmC, Resident Evil: Revelations, VtM: Bloodlines, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction™ Deluxe Edition, Castle of Illusion, or maybe Rayman Origins. I gotta find out which vesion is considered the best.

lyfcJIv.jpg

CM Storm Xornet - Gaming Mouse - Used - $12 shipped.

Logitech Illuminated Ultrathin Keyboard - Used - $25 shipped.

The Elder Scrolls Anthology - Used - $30 shipped.
THE STEAM CODE HAS BEEN REDEEMED MAKING THE SKYRIM DISC USELESS.

mdsfx

In Coldsnap's case, it seems mdsfx committed to the sale, requested information, received it, and then decided to just vanish without stating why. This is a communication mishap on mdsfx's part.

Now, Coldsnap's communication mishap is the lack of follow-up as he just assumed mdsfx changed his mind about the purchase. I would've sent a message after about an hour or two asking whether or not mdsfx was still committed. No response after 30 minutes to an hour? I'll move on to another buyer while providing notice of such.

Im only responding to this one bc its incorrect:

I expressed interest saying i would take it at 9am, and after no immediate response i went offline. He sent a PM at 10:30 saying it was available and he also have his payment info. I didnt get back on gaf until 12:30, at which point i saw this PM for the first time as well as one sent afterwards saying it was sold.

Thats the story. Its not THAT big of a deal and tossing around his name is going to give him bad rep so lets just let it go.

Istaerion

Im only responding to this one bc its incorrect:

I expressed interest saying i would take it at 9am, and after no immediate response i went offline. He sent a PM at 10:30 saying it was available and he also have his payment info. I didnt get back on gaf until 12:30, at which point i saw this PM for the first time as well as one sent afterwards saying it was sold.

Thats the story. Its not THAT big of a deal and tossing around his name is going to give him bad rep so lets just let it go.

I only know what has been told, but what you've said certainly changes things. I'm less inclined to defend Coldsnap as it's a clear lack of professionalism. Frankly, the delay wasn't even to the point where I would just move on to another buyer.

Now, if the events proceeded as I explained previously, then yes, I would say the blame was more on you than say Coldsnap.

Either way, the situation did not call for negative feedback even at the slightest. We have to remember that's the same sort of black mark attached to chaps like Veronica who blatantly lied to and strung along users for a great deal of time after accepting their money.

All in all, the lesson to be learned here as I and many others have mentioned is communication. But it needs to be understood that this goes BOTH ways. It shouldn't be up to the seller to clarify everything nor should a buyer be forced to make sure he/she is actually getting a sale they committed to.

Going back to the reservation standard casually mentioned before in the thread, I don't believe it's realistic for a sale transaction to begin with the seller setting down a ton of rules like "You need to pay this amount within this time frame, or I'll sell it elsewhere" nor for the buyer to have to explain their schedule and potential lack of response.

Again, it just boils down to common sense, fair regard, and courtesy. If you're purchasing or selling something and you find yourself in a situation that would call for a lengthy absence, just bring it up. Nothing can be so pressing that you find yourself one moment posting a message and then suddenly incapable of a second message shortly afterward.

I understand It's less of an issue, if not nonexistent, with items that aren't considered sought after so it's not far fetched to imagine people are used to just laying down a claim and then dealing with it afterward. For high ticket items though, it's just not reasonable to expect someone to wait around while you go off and deal with whatever was more pressing at the time.

Anyhow, I think enough has been said on the subject and it's quite obvious you would like nothing more to be said on it either. In any case, you'll see no more from me regarding it.

Looking to offload a few items

I accept gifted Paypal (or regular too but you pay the fees), Amazon Payments, and Postal Money Orders.

Prices shipped are for USA.

Offers are welcomed

PS3
  • Grand Theft Auto V (w/ Blimp code) - $30 shipped

Anime
  • Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad (Limited Edition boxset, Vol 5 not included)
  • Cowboy Bebop Remix: The Complete Collection (Anime Legends set)
  • Eureka Seven: Complete Collection (Anime Legends - both parts 1 & 2)
  • Gankutsuou: Count of Monte Cristo (Limited Editon boxset - New/Sealed)
  • Gungrave (Limited Edition boxset w/mousepad -New/Sealed)
  • Kurau Phantom Memory (Limited Edition boxset - some volumes are sealed)
  • My-HiME Complete Series Set - $55 shipped PIC PIC2
  • Paniponi Dash! (Limited Edition boxset - some volumes are sealed)
  • Red Garden (Limited Edition boxset - Volumes 1, 3 - 6 are sealed)
  • Welcome to the NHK (Limited Edition boxset - some volumes are sealed - Vol 6 not included)

MISC
  • Dell ATI/AMD 4870m 1GB laptop video card (have two) - $75 shipped each PIC1 PIC2

Feel free to send me a counteroffer on any of my prices :D

Kiyo

Nah, I'm with the seller on this one. If I respond to a pm in a timely manner (within 20-30ish mins) and don't hear back from them in a few hours without knowing what happened and other people are interested, I'd probably turn to them too. Until I've received the payment, the item isn't sold.

Southcott

WANT TO SELL

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS) PAL Version
Used Condition - Club Nintendo code is not included
£12

I accept PayPal.
I only ship to the UK. All items will be shipped via Royal Mail, 1st Class Standard.
All prices include delivery.

I'll take it, I'm very new to all this but I have feedback in multiple other avenues if needed, I also have paypal :)

I'll PM you.

MrDaravon

Nah, I'm with the seller on this one. If I respond to a pm in a timely manner (within 20-30ish mins) and don't hear back from them in a few hours without knowing what happened and other people are interested, I'd probably turn to them too. Until I've received the payment, the item isn't sold.

I think the problem here is everyone has different definitions of "timely manner." You considering 20-30 minutes a timely manner to get a response after I've already told someone the item is theirs is batshit insane to me.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I think the problem here is everyone has different definitions of "timely manner." You considering 20-30 minutes a timely manner to get a response after I've already told someone the item is theirs is batshit insane to me.

Which is exactly the point. It's up to non-quantifiable opinions. Which should make it clear to anybody that he doesn't deserve a negative feedback rating whatsoever. A transaction didn't pan out. I also didn't get the game from Coldsnap because he didn't want to fill out an extra block on the shipping paperwork to ship it to where I live. No big deal. I bought it elsewhere.

Shit is not that serious, but the mods have warned us time and time again that the more drama this thread generates, the more they're likely to just shut it down. So....again. Move on folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom