• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've filed many complaints on paypal and have always received a refund.

Paypal always sides with the buyer, as a seller of anything, you are pretty much on the losing side - unless you have irrefutable proof that you did ship an item. It all depends as well on how much was the item. as I recall, anything more than 100 dollars or so is taken into account seriously, 500 and above very seriously.

Oh yeah, I'm not worried at all about them siding with the seller. I just want to see what his response was if he actually gave one.

Istaerion

Oh yeah, I'm not worried at all about them siding with the seller. I just want to see what his response was if he actually gave one.

There should be a summary of the overall case somewhere in the resolution center. If a response was given by him, it'll definitely show up there. In fact, there should be an email consisting of the message sent to the registered email of the PayPal account if one was made.

WTS:

Assassin's Creed IV, Wii U - $25 shipped
Ni No Kuni GH - $15 shipped

MotoActv Motorola Sports Watch - $110 shipped. Includes armband, watch band, and some extra screen protectors. Pics upon request, rarely used fitness watch. Plays music and is Bluetooth enabled for messages and missed calls. Frankly, it's a fantastic piece of technology.

Local ONLY - DC/NoVA area - Rockband 2 Special Edition for 360. Includes Rockband 2 game, drums, guitar, and mic. - $65 delivered.
I drive a lot for my job so I'm willing to meet you, Montgomery (Maryland) area and Woodbridge/Manassas area too if needed.

GAF Gold, buy with confidence! Paypal accepted.

Rafterman

Banned
I wonder what counts as irrefutable proof to them. I've never heard of a seller winning, even with full tracking, the buyer seems to be able to say "but the box just had rocks" and win.

That's why I no longer deal with Ebay or Paypal. Many years ago I sold a laptop to a verified buyer on Ebay, with complete tracking, signature, etc. only to have the seller claim that what was in the box wasn't what I sold them. Paypal proceeds to drain the funds out of my account leaving me out $1200 and the laptop.

WTB:

Pokemon HeartGold or SoulSilver (potentially)
Pokemon X or Y (prefer X)
Bravely Default
Rayman Legends (PS4)

XCOM Enemy Within (PS3)

WTS:

Excellent condition, used once: PlayStation Move Controller, PlayStation Move Camera, PlayStation Move Official Racing Wheel (unopened), Dualshock 3

Looking to ship within Canada to keep costs down.

Alex

WTS:

Assassin's Creed IV - PC / Uplay redemption code (from Nivida promo) ~ $14.99.

Bioshock Infinite Season Pass - Steam Gift ~ $9.99

Thanks!

ruxtpin

Banned
Positive feedback for Crimsonlink! Crimson paypal-ed the money my way for his the Zelda ALBW 3DSXL bundle right on time. Do people say "would sell to again"?

kick51

Banned
How much for Tactics Ogre (minus shipping, which I will pay)?

a deal is currently pending on it with the guy I responded to, but if they don't want it, I will PM you for sure :)

the price is $20, which i'm including free media mail shipping. any other type of shipping will be on top of that ($20 + the shipping method of your choice.)

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
a deal is currently pending on it with the guy I responded to, but if they don't want it, I will PM you for sure :)

the price is $20, which i'm including free media mail shipping. any other type of shipping will be on top of that ($20 + the shipping method of your choice.)

Alright. I'll look at shipping costs just in case, thanks.

Shady859

PS4 - Rayman Legends
brand new
$35 shipped to USA. PAYPAL GIFT

he3p.jpg

Also any interest in Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze for $45 shipped on release day friday? I can pick up an extra when I get mine and send at cost.

So I have a question. How long is too long for a seller to not respond to a PM regarding the shipping status of an item?

I ask because it's almost been a week since I bought a moderately expensive item and have yet to hear back from the seller since I payed.

Istaerion

So I have a question. How long is too long for a seller to not respond to a PM regarding the shipping status of an item?

I ask because it's almost been a week since I bought a moderately expensive item and have yet to hear back from the seller since I payed.

For me? More than a day is too long. Heck, depending on the item, more than a few hours is too long.

Have you been sending messages to the seller in question as the time has gone by? If so, send one last message stating you're going to start looking into initiating a claim unless you get an update regarding your purchase within a set time-frame.

If there's no response, well... you know what to do. Unfortunately, sometimes you just have to be harsh to get results.

For me? More than a day is too long. Heck, depending on the item, more than a few hours is too long.

Have you been sending messages to the seller in question as the time has gone by? If so, send one last one stating you're going to start looking into initiating a claim unless you get an update regarding your purchase within a set time-frame.

Yes, I've sent a message every day since Saturday. The seller has logged on since then, so there's no reason he/she hasn't seen all 4 messages. I just sent the last one stating that I expect at least a shipping status, but not threatening filing a claim. Although, if I don't get a response by tonight, I will let the seller know that I'm filing a claim.

EDIT: And of course as soon as I start to complain about it, it gets resolved xD

Istaerion

Yes, I've sent a message every day since Saturday. The seller has logged on since then, so there's no reason he/she hasn't seen all 4 messages. I just sent the last one stating that I expect at least a shipping status, but not threatening filing a claim. Although, if I don't get a response by tonight, I will let the seller know that I'm filing a claim.

If the seller does respond, make sure you're getting an actual tracking number with at least an acceptance entry. If it displays Electronic Shipping Information Received or something along those lines, make sure to check periodically for one to two days for an actual update.

If there's none, he/she is stringing you along and buying time. Definitely open up a claim then and there and force their hand.

EDIT: And of course as soon as I start to complain about it, it gets resolved xD

Ha, it certainly never fails.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Looking to sell (prices include shipping):

Xbox 360
Aliens: Colonial Marines -sealed- $10
Medal of Honor: Warfighter Limited Edition -sealed- $8
Max Payne 3 $7

Looking for

3DS XL somewhere around $100
South Park: The Stick of Truth Steam copy, somewhere around the price listed earlier ($22)

kIdMuScLe

Big props to ByronicHero. Paid fast and everything... I apologize for not responding and shipping a few days late but things came up and sorry i should've kept you updated it! :-_(

Selling these items and i'll post more later tonight. Prefer payment from amazon but paypal is okay.

Got a Sega Saturn Virtua Stick for sale!

Ug0FJj3l.jpg

Ace Attorney for DS $15 including shipping.

XTOUcX7l.jpg

Metal Gear Solid : The Essential Collection (ps2) BRAND NEW SEAL $25 including shipping.

aRUORhvl.jpg

Also i have Battlefield 4 for XONE. $40 including shipping.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
WTS:

Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 - $95 shipped.

PayPal.

Also have a Vita with a single dim defective pixel off to the side that works in dark areas but not in light areas. PM offers. Includes box and everything else. - gone

Positive feedback for Crimsonlink! Crimson paypal-ed the money my way for his the Zelda ALBW 3DSXL bundle right on time. Do people say "would sell to again"?

Positive buyer feedback to ruxtpin. Waited an entire week for me to pay him for the LOZ 3DS XL.

System and KH 3DDD came in perfect condition along with an extra bonus of 3DS case. Too perfect of a condition as it took me a while to open the package. ;D

Would love to do business with him again.

GCNemesis

Thank you to everyone who made a purchase! Everyone below was quick to pay and prompt with communication and great to work with!

Positive Buyer Feedback for Kenpachi
Positive Buyer Feedback for eternalblue
Positive Buyer Feedback for AwRy108
Positive Buyer Feedback for ReXXXSoprano
Positive Buyer Feedback for McDaravon
Positive Buyer Feedback for Haiiro Husky
Positive Buyer Feedback for Camjo-Z
Positive Buyer Feedback for SkyMasterson

LQX

US codes...

XB1:
COD Ghost Insignia pack and soundtrack. Freefall Dynamic Map. $3

PSN:
The Last of Us: Left Behind DLC $10

Steam:
Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition $5
Skullgirls $3

tm24

WTS

Not sure how much it will sell for, but i have the Dark Souls guide from Futurepress in pretty good shape on my bookshelf that can use a new home since im running out of space. PM me with offers.

GCNemesis

Trying to make room for a new addition to the family :)

All games are complete in box unless noted below. Questions can be sent via PM.
Prices include shipping and items will be shipped within the contiguous United States.
Payment accepted through Amazon Payments or PayPal. Have continuous positive feedback!
If using PayPal, please cover all transaction fees (can calculate through this link). You can also send payment via PayPal Gift to avoid transaction fees.

Nintendo DS
Bleach: Dark Souls (JPN) - $12
Mario Kart DS - $10
Metroid Prime: Hunters - $8
Moon - $12
Trauma Center: Under the Knife - $9
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (JPN) - $12

ALL Nintendo DS Games - $55

Playstation 2
DDRMAX: Dance Dance Revolution + Dance Pad - $25
King of Fighters: Maximum Impact - $5
Nanobreaker - $5

ALL Playstation 2 Games (including DDRMAX) - $29

GameCube
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - $5
Sonic Heroes - $9
Soul Calibur II - $9
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 - $5
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 - $5

ALL GameCube Games - $30 (will include Nintendo Gamecube Preview Disk (Billy Hatcher, Viewtiful Joe, Sonic DX, Splinter Cell) and Resident Evil 4: Preview Disk with purchase)

Wii
Epic Mickey - $10
Excite Truck - $9
Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz - $7
Super Paper Mario - $11

ALL Wii Games - $30

XBOX 360

Xbox 360 A/B/G Wireless Adapter - $35

Crackdown - $7
Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars - $7
Dead Rising - $7
Fight Night Round 3 - $ 7
Gears of War - $7
Gears of War 2 - $8
Grand Theft Auto IV - $7
Guitar Hero 3 - $6
Guitar Hero Metallica - $7
Kameo - $7
Mass Effect - $7
NCAA Football 2008 - $6
Project Gotham Racing 3 - $7
Perfect Dark Zero - $6
Resident Evil 5 - $7
Sonic the Hedgehog - $6
WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2007 - $6

ALL Xbox 360 Games - $95

Playstation 3
Buzz! Quiz TV - Complete (Box, all Buzzers and USB Stick) - $40
Dark Souls - $14
Devil May Cry 4 - $8
God of War 3 - $12
Killzone 2 - $8
Portal 2 - $7
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm - $7
Rayman Origins - $10
Resistance: Fall of Man - $7

ALL Playstation 3 Games (Buzz not included) - $55
ALL Playstation 3 Games (with Buzz included) - $90

Other
  • InFocus LiteShow III (In-Box w/ sealed components) - $200 OBO
  • InFocus LiteShow III (No Box, unsealed components) - $175 OBO
  • Turns any display with a VGA input into a wireless and/or networked display.

• D-Link Wireless N 150 Pico USB Adapter - $14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom