• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2015 Part 2 | Hanks Got Nothing on This Money Pit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Istaerion

Yup, definitely kills any bank option in regards to refuting the payment, however, you'll still be covered by PayPal if you used that.

Even if sent under gift, you can still open up a case. I expect it'll be an uphill battle though considering the time lapsed and the situation at hand.

It's totally up to you, but I'd personally bring the fight to him rather than give him the satisfaction of thinking he screwed people over without issue.

Aselith

Yup, definitely kills any bank option in regards to refuting the payment, however, you'll still be covered by PayPal if you used that.

Even if sent under gift, you can still open up a case. I expect it'll be an uphill battle though considering the time lapsed and the situation at hand.

It's totally up to you, but I'd personally bring the fight to him rather than give him the satisfaction of thinking he screwed people over without issue.

I dunno I'll have to think about it. Hulu contacted me about it and I sent them his paypal email and I sent him a message to see if he'd do a refund. Never know if he bought those second hand and resold them. I doubt he gives a refund but sometimes people surprise you.

I dunno I'll have to think about it. Hulu contacted me about it and I sent them his paypal email and I sent him a message to see if he'd do a refund. Never know if he bought those second hand and resold them. I doubt he gives a refund but sometimes people surprise you.

Wouldn't count on it, he went pretty silent when he was called out.

Istaerion

Considering his Windows keys were almost certainly resold at an intense mark-up, I wouldn't be surprised if he resold the subscriptions as well and then disputed the payments once he got banned hoping to score a quick profit since reputation is no longer something he needed to uphold.

Essentially, I believe the situation at hand goes like this:

Purchases codes off Reddit --> Lists & sells subscription codes on NeoGAF at a mark-up ---> Gets banned ---> Disputes his transactions causing the codes to be invalidated when the original seller reports his card "stolen" due to the lost funds.

He probably thought he was clear waiting a couple months due to banks usually giving you a maximum of two months to dispute a transaction, however, PayPal now offers protection up to ~180 days instead of 45.

Leatherface

Holy positive feedback forJmac71. Possibly the fastest turn around ever. I had a shipping tracking number like 10 minutes after I paid and a day and a half later the goods arrived.Everything was packed perfectly and the WiiU itself looked like a brand new unit. This guy is meticulous. Thanks so much for the great deal on the WiiU bundle sir!

Cheers!

flux0r

Neo Member
WTS: NVIDIA ASUS GTX 970 Strix 4GB Graphics Card

KJHgpxL.jpg

Lightly used for four months. Works great, zero coil whine.

Includes original box, paperwork.

$270 shipped in U.S. only.

baphomet

Edit - 1 is sold, second is on hold until Tuesday.

Just checking interest currently. Probably actually sell them in the next few days though. I'm going to upgrade to 2 980 ti's, so I want to pass these on to someone else for a really good price.

WTS - 2x Msi GTX 970 Gaming Cards - $560 shipped

Both cards are in perfect working order, and have served me well for the past maybe 3 months. I've been using them in SLI and have been able to run literally everything I've tried above 60fps. Most games actually up around 144fps, if not higher. These are great cards and anyone will tell you that. I just want to go for total overkill on the upcoming VR stuff and 4k. Oculus recommends just a single 970 for the Rift, so this setup would be amazing even for that.

I'd prefer to sell them together, but I would consider them for $280 shipped each as long as I could sell both.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Some sexy ass cards right there!

Jmac71

Holy positive feedback forJmac71. Possibly the fastest turn around ever. I had a shipping tracking number like 10 minutes after I paid and a day and a half later the goods arrived.Everything was packed perfectly and the WiiU itself looked like a brand new unit. This guy is meticulous. Thanks so much for the great deal on the WiiU bundle sir!

Cheers!
Positive feed back for Leatherface as well. He was a pleasure to sell to. Hope you enjoy the WiiU and games!

Geneijin

Considering his Windows keys were almost certainly resold at an intense mark-up, I wouldn't be surprised if he resold the subscriptions as well and then disputed the payments once he got banned hoping to score a quick profit since reputation is no longer something he needed to uphold.

Essentially, I believe the situation at hand goes like this:

Purchases codes off Reddit --> Lists & sells subscription codes on NeoGAF at a mark-up ---> Gets banned ---> Disputes his transactions causing the codes to be invalidated when the original seller reports his card "stolen" due to the lost funds.

He probably thought he was clear waiting a couple months due to banks usually giving you a maximum of two months to dispute a transaction, however, PayPal now offers protection up to ~180 days instead of 45.
Holy shit. Since when? I wouldn't never want to sell on eBay now D:

Istaerion

Holy shit. Since when? I wouldn't never want to sell on eBay now D:

Since November 18, 2014 from what I can see. It was a pretty big deal back then and it remains to be a problem even now considering the EXTREMELY large window it gives people to screw over others should they be inclined.

I avoided eBay as much as possible before, but that policy cemented it as scorched earth for me.

Istaerion

So if you sell something on eBay, people now have 180 days to basically say the item wasn't what they paid for an get their money back?

It's not as clear-cut as that, but yeah... pretty much.

That don't make sense, how can someone win a case by waiting months if a package was shipped with tracking.

eBay and PayPal generally side with the buyer so long as their case is REMOTELY plausible even to the lowest degree.

Tracking is a nice thing to have as a counter defense, however, it won't be winning any cases if they hit you with a item not as described or wrong item case. And yes, they will actually eat up any excuse as to why this took 180 days for them to come forward.

Yep relisting again

F/S

Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 - $280 (shipping included in price)

I'd also be willing to negotiate.

Will only ship in the continental U.S.

Card works perfectly, great overclocking capabilities.

Send a PM if interested.

j8npaz6.jpg

M1k21ly.jpg

yjAg480.jpg

EGGIwE3.jpg

zulux21

WTS

RBI baseball 15 Steam Code

this game has never been on sale as far as I can tell, and thus I will just match the current approval ratings on the game

and thus the price would be half off of thus $10 sent to me how ever you would like to send it to me. just shoot me a PM if interested.

note: I am doing it this way so someone who wants the game knows it's not super well received, though from what I can see a lot of that is the creators promised constant updates and then vanished, it seems to be an ok game on its own.

Bloodember

WTB
PC
Elite Dangerous
Dying Light
Galactic Civilizations 3

PS4
Last of Us Remastered (no more than $10)
Elder Scrolls Online ($25 or less)

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Got an email recently that my Hulu subscription was cancelled due to a gift code that was sold to me by banned user threetri333 having been purchased with a stolen credit card. So heads up anyone that purchased from him, you may have a similar email headed your way :(
This guy was always a scumbag scalper. Now he's a scumbag thief.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Anybody selling PS plus?

Also I have a bunch of arcade sticks I'm looking to get rid of for PS3 and 360. Just PM me to ask if I have a certain model you are looking for.

isitstill

Positive seller feedback for LaunchpadMcQ.

Sold a copy of Tetris DS to me; always a please to work with you, Mr. McQuack (I always assume his user name is a Ducktales reference, right?)

ed2090

Neo Member
WTS

I have a NA platinum reward eshop code for Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. The code expires on 6/30 so it has to be redeemed soon.

Want
$15 Xbox gift card

Looking to sell an Alienware Alpha i3 with 8GB RAM. It's in great shape and comes with the original box and accessories and I'll also include an Audio adapter for PC speakers.

Put an SSD in it and it'll fly in performance.

Looking for $350 which includes shipping. PayPal only.

dodgeme

It's not as clear-cut as that, but yeah... pretty much.

eBay and PayPal generally side with the buyer so long as their case is REMOTELY plausible even to the lowest degree.

Tracking is a nice thing to have as a counter defense, however, it won't be winning any cases if they hit you with a item not as described or wrong item case. And yes, they will actually eat up any excuse as to why this took 180 days for them to come forward.

I've just stopped shipping items to buyers that have a very low feedback score after a few bad apples. Just usually refund them and give a bs story about how I broke it before it tried shipping it. Then I block them and relist it a week later. Haven't had any negatives yet.

I actually won a case against one of them too, had a guy try to pull an item not received on me when the tracking clearly showed he got it, was an Xbox One. Ebay was with me on that one and I actually escalated it myself to shut him up.

beane316

PS3
*Playstation Eye Camera & Sports Champions (no controller; camera never used; game sealed)
*Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure Starter Bundle (2 sealed sets)
*Resistance 3 (sealed)
*Singstar bundle (sealed; comes with 2 mics; clamshell has damage near the top left corner and the bottom right corner)
•Modnation Racers (complete)
•Devil May Cry 4 (sealed)
•Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (sealed)
*Killzone 3: Helghast edition (comes with game, case, manual, figure, art book, big Helghast helmet statue, and big box) (all mint but the box itself which is very worn)

PS2 (all complete)
*Tekken 5
*Final Fantasy X-2
*Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
*God of War (greatest hits)
*God of War 2 (opened but never played)
*Victorious Boxers: Ippo's Road to Glory
*Shadow of the Colossus (sealed; greatest hits)
*Final Fantasy XI Online: Treasures of Aht Urhgan (sealed)
*Hot Shots Golf 3 (GH Version)
*Metal Slug 4/5
*Black and Bruised
*The Spongebob Squarepants Movie
*Fatal Fury Battle Archives 1
*ATV Off-road Fury
*Guitar Hero Aerosmith (complete with guitar)
*Ratchet: Deadlocked
•Yakuza
•Viewtiful Joe 2 (sealed)
•Destroy All Humans 2
•Time Crisis 3 (complete plus big box and 2 Guncons)
*Buzz: The Mega Quiz (complete + 4 game buzzers)
*Buzz: The Movie Quiz

WII (all complete)
*Spectrobes: Origins
*Samba De Amigo
*Spyborgs
*Endless Ocean
*Blastworks
*Dead Space Extraction (sealed)
*•Lego Batman
•Thrillville: Off The Rails

N64
*Nuclear Strike (label damage; cart only)
*Roadsters (cart only)
*Superman 64 (cart only)
*Donkey Kong 64 (cart only)

SNES
•Brunswick World Tournament Champions (complete)

DS (all complete)
*Transformers: Ultimate Autobots Edition (sealed)
*Flash Focus: Vision Training In Minutes A Day
*Tony Hawk's American Sk8land
*Feel The Magic XY/XX
*Personal Trainer Cooking
*Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010
*Point Blank DS
*Spectrobes
*Sonic Rush
*Treasure World
*Smackdown Vs. Raw 2008
*My Weight Loss Coach
*LOL
•Let's Pilates
•Bleach: Dark Souls

GAMEBOY ADVANCE
*Golden Sun: The Lost Age (cart only)
•Sonic Advance 3 (compete)
*Blender Bros. (cart only)
*F-Zero: Maximum Velocity (complete)

GAMEBOY COLOR
*Mario Golf (cart only)
*Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (cart only)
*Mario Tennis (cart only)

GAMEBOY
*Pac-man (cart only)
*Super Mario Land (cart only)
*Kirby's Dream Land 2 (cart only)
*The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (cart only)

XBOX 360
•Crackdown (sealed)

XBOX ORIGINAL (all complete)
*Guilty Gear X2 #Reload
*Yourself Fitness
*Doom 3
*MX vs ATV Unleashed (sealed)
*Outlaw Golf/Sea Blade bundle
*Outlaw Golf 2
*Outlaw Volleyball
*Outlaw Tennis
*Backyard Wrestling: Don't Try This At Home
*Sphinx and The Cursed Mummy
*SSX Tricky
*Project Gotham Racing 2
*Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
•Bloodrayne
•Freestyle Metal X
•Red Dead Revolver
•Fight Night 2004
•Raze's Hell

PC
•Bomberman collection pc (complete)

SYSTEMS
•Sega Saturn (broken; console only; no cords, games or controllers)
•White GBA system (works; needs tlc)

MISC. NOVELTIES
•Gba E-reader (reader only)
•N64 Dex Drive (may not be complete)
*Gameboy Printer (printer only)
*Gameboy Camera (camera only)

MISC. INSTRUCTION MANUALS
*Frogger (PS1)
*Power Rangers: Light Speed Rescue (GBC)
*Test Drive Off Road 3 (GBC)
*Clue (SNES)
*Shining Force 2 (Sega)

Digital TV/Movie Codes
*Adventure Time seasons 2-4
*Breaking Bad Final Season episodes 5-8
*The Lego Movie
*This Is The End

terrisus

Careful with the GAF user Fotos ( http://m.neogaf.com/member.php?u=101758 )

Iniated a chargeback for the game Killing Floor 2 Deluxe I sold him last month.

Not that it excuses it (just so no one thinks I am), did he message you or raise any issues or anything about it? Or did it just happen completely out of the blue?

Looking to sell an Alienware Alpha i3 with 8GB RAM. It's in great shape and comes with the original box and accessories and I'll also include an Audio adapter for PC speakers.

Put an SSD in it and it'll fly in performance.

For what it's worth, on an initial reading of that, I read it as that "you (seller)" "put an SSD in it" (statement of events)
On going back over it, I'm guessing you mean that "if you (buyer)" "put an SSD in it" (suggestion)

At the very least I'd recommend editing to remove confusion.
Or, frankly, just eliminating the line entirely.

Since, it would be like saying "Selling Dell computer. Put an SSD, GeForce 970, and an i7 in it and it'll fly in performance" and meanwhile the computer has a 5400RPM HD, Integrated graphics, and an i3.
And it would be like, why even bother saying that at all, when it has nothing to do with the item that's being sold.

That may just be me, though...

GRaider81

WTS

PS4 20th anniversary with batman arkham knight
Console opened and used very briefly for a couple of weeks and boxed since. Shrink wrap still on console, controller and camera.
perfect condition other than being opened.

£900 ono

Message for more details.

Vita MC 16gb £20

Mario Tennis 3DS cartridge only £10 ono

Kingdom hearts drop 3DS £20 ono

Toad Amiibo £15 ono

For Sale

Microsoft Office 2013 Pro Plus
$60

Windows 7 Pro
$60

Windows 8 Pro
$60

Office 365 Personal
1 Year Subscription for One User
1 PC/Mac + 1 tablet
$25

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/OZUs24Th.jpg[/img]

Code:
[B]Intel Core i7-5930K
Haswell-E 6-Core 3.5GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W BX80648I75930K Desktop Processor[/B]

[B]$450 Shipped[/B]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/JSmQYXKl.jpg[/img]

Marvel Unlimited for 1 Month
$5

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
WTS:

"Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward" expansion code (PC EU version) 25€ Paypal.

Can trade for other PC games if you have stuff that interests me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom