• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2016 | Read the Rules in the OP | I'd Buy That for a Dollar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronRinn

SLEIhbg.png

WTS

Please feel free to make offers, with rare exception, these prices are not 100% firm. If you would like more pictures let me know and I will get them to you. All prices include shipping in the US, unless otherwise noted. Listing with two prices indicate PayPal Gift/Merchandise payment costs (higher merchandise cost includes PayPal fees). Most of these pics are linked so click for a full-sized image.

Toys

American McGee's Alice: Alice and Cheshire Cat Series 1 $30.00/$31.20 Loose but in good condition. Paint may show some wear but nothing very noticeable.

Games

Zero Time Dilemma 3DS $29.95. Brand new.

Zero Time Dilemma Vita $29.95. Brand new, but the cellophane wrapper is torn. Game packaging is fine.

The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings Collector's Edition (PC) $70.00. Opened but new. Neither the game, nor the DLC has been activated. Everything is included (including the map and pamphlet, which I forgot to photograph). Cards, papercraft, and bust are still sealed. The big issue here is the thin plastic insert used to house everything has collapsed under the weight of the Geralt bust. Everything is in good condition with the exception of the instruction booklet for the card game, which is a bit bent, and the box for the game, which has some damage. The bust is still sealed, and the dark marks are where the "felt" from the insert has rubbed off on the shrinkwrap. The outer box has a scuff mark on the rear panel.

See album for all photos.
T2qmwNjm.jpg

Left 4 Dead, Silent Hill Downpour, Batman: Arkham City, Medal of Honor $20.00/$20.65. All for Xbox 360. Weird mix, I know. All in complete and in good condition. (Instruction booklet for L4D is a bit creased.) There are DLC codes included with MoH and Arkham City, but I don't know if they're still good.

Red Dead Redemption Playing Cards, Eradicator Soap, and Dice $30.00/$31.00. Outer box for the cards is opened but the cards themselves are still shrink-wrapped. Soap is sealed.

Vinyl

Streets of Rage 2 Smoke and Blood Splatter Edition $64.95. Excellent condition. Removed from resealable bag for photos only. SOLD

Looper Soundtrack w/ Bonus 7" $69.95. Excellent condition, still sealed.

Hardcover Guides

Ni no Kuni: Curse of the White Witch Hardcover Guide $30.00/$31.25 shipped in the US. Sealed. Comes complete with code.

1mLhTFim.jpg

Selling:

Make offers for any of the following:

Xbox 360 Grand Theft Auto V - Complete / mint - $16 shipped
Xbox 360 Mass Effect 2: Collector's Edition - Complete, slight wear on sleeve, DLC codes are used - $15 shipped
Xbox 360 Halo 3: ODST - Complete / mint
Xbox 360 Halo: CE Anniversary Edition - Complete / mint
Xbox 360 Halo 3 - Complete / mint
Xbox 360 Battlefield 3: Premium Edition, DLC codes are used

Take the Halo games for $32 shipped
Take all the 360 games for $65 shipped

Gamecube - The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker - Complete and in good/excellent condition, pics available upon request - $30 shipped

Wii - Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Complete/mint - $22 shipped

Buying

Mario Kart 7 - 3DS physical copy - $15

PayPal F&F preferred payment method.

Buyer Feedback:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Seller Feedback: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Labadal

Humble monthly keys/links and other bundle keys:

Random Access Murder $1
Planet of the Eyes $1
Choice Chambers $1
Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball $1
Spelunky $1
Asdivine Hearts $1
Door Kickers $1
Dyscourse $1
Nova-111 $1
Cross of the Dutchman $1

PayPal FF or buyer pays fees.

Selling some PC keys and a random movie key. Accepting Paypal FF ONLY.

Game Price Platform

Game Of Thrones $2 TellTale
Puzzle Agent $1 TellTale
Puzzle Agent $1 Steam
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon $2 Uplay
Fran Bow $3 Steam
Project Cars Limited Edition UPGRADE $1 Steam
Nova-111 $2 Steam
Avalance 2: Super Avalanche $2 Steam
WarMachine Tactics Plus DLC $3 Steam
TransOcean: The Shipping Company $2 Steam
Dead Core $1 Steam
Bejeweled 3 $1 Steam
Dragon Age Origins $2 Steam
Grid $1 Steam
Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers $1 Steam
Super Hexagon $1 Steam
Sid Meier's Pirates $1 Steam
The Showdown Effect $1 Steam
McPixel $1 Steam
Duet $1 Steam
Sentinels of the multiverse $1 Steam
GRAV $4 Steam
Switchcars $2 Steam
Forced $2 Steam
Nightsky $1 Steam
Gods Will Be Watching $1 Steam
Ronin $1 Steam
Planetary Annihilation TITANS $3 Steam
1993 Space Machine $1 Steam
JumpJet Rex $1 Steam
Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty $3 Steam
Renowned Explorers: International Society $2 Steam
Stikbold $2 Steam
This War Of Mine $3 Steam
I am bread $2 Steam
SpaceCom $1 Steam
10000000 $1 Steam
TIS-100 $2 Steam
The Red Solstice $2 Steam
Avernum 2 $3 Steam
Cthulhu Realms $2 Steam
Choice Chamer $1 Steam
Starward Rogue $2 Steam
Random Access Murder $2 Steam
Planet of the eyes $2 Steam
Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing $3 Steam
Call of Duty BLOPS3 Starter Pack $4 Steam

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Digital Movie Code.

Located in the U.S.

Want:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Steam Key
PayPal

Have:

Xenoblade Chronicles X (sealed) - $35 shipped
Overwatch Origins Edition PS4 with Widowmaker Noire Skin code - $30 shipped
Dragon Quest Heroes PS4 - $15 shipped

ekgrey

Are you talking about my post?

First time I'm hearing complaints about my postings and I'm always scoping this thread daily.

As far as my posting goes, I believe I am complying with the rules unless noted otherwise. If so I will make adjustments to my post. Just let me know, thank! :)

I'm sorry dude, I think it was actually my phone. They appeared huge, but since then all my fonts have gotten weird and my display settings are back to default from what I'd changed them to. I think this build of Chrome Dev is wonky. I should've checked it on PC before calling you out. And you're right, I was confusing you with another poster as far as the repeated issue. Really am sorry.

And I'm sorry that I seem to have disturbed the general calm of the thread, LOL.

AwRy108

Please start a discussion then, as Cloggerdude has said. No need to drag this anymore.

Here's my "discussion" on the matter: we took one step forward by giving feedback its own thread; but then we took two steps back by being so annoying about images.

In other words: now, instead of feedback posts cluttering up the BST thread, we have posts from seemingly random users calling out other users because of their images; and then this leads to more posts that contain either apologies or retorts.

The image rules should be:
1) every image should be quoted
2) a hard limit on number of images (e.g. 5 per post)
3) only pre-selected people should be allowed to moderate
4) moderation should occur only via PM

Personally, I find the policing way more annoying than posts full of images; and I can't imagine I'm alone in thinking this. The BST ran quite effortlessly for years with the original rule set, which included minimal image rules and no publicly calling out each other; but now we're slowly complicating the joy out of the thread. Just my thoughts.

Also, my hat is off to those who have taken on the task of managing the feedback thread--it's much appreciated.

OraleeWey

Here's my "discussion" on the matter: we took one step forward by giving feedback its own thread; but then we took two steps back by being so annoying about images.

In other words: now, instead of feedback posts cluttering up the BST thread, we have posts from seemingly random users calling out other users because of their images; and then this leads to more posts that contain either apologies or retorts.

Personally, I find the policing way more annoying than posts full of images; and I can't imagine I'm alone in thinking this. The BST ran quite effortlessly for years with the original rule set, which included minimal image rules and no publicly calling out each other; but now we're slowly complicating the joy out of the thread. Just my thoughts.

Also, my hat is off to those who have taken on the task of managing the feedback thread--it's much appreciated.

If moderation occurs behind the scenes it will lead to more people breaking the rules. No one will see that someone let someone else know their images are too big, more than 5 images per post, or whatever the case may be, etc. I personally don't find it annoying. It's not the end of the world. However, if we want to reduce the rules breaking - the thread title should include, "read the OP/rules".

tmtyf

I missed the original 'discussion' of resizing images, but i always had no problem with images just being in quotes vs the now have to be a certain size. I do like limiting the number of images though.

The Dude

Heya fellas, selling about a month old barely used Verizon S7 Edge. It'll come with everything it originally was boxed with. Also including an Urban Armour Gear case that retailed 39.99 at the time. Everything is practically mint and like new.

Asking $650.00 via PayPal preferably

I can supply feedback for eBay and CAG as I've used both for years now.

And for further confidence, I'm a long time IGN poster and one of the original guys who put D1P on the map back in the day. I've been known as Seth Arion and The Dude over the years and so I know many around the forums parts that can vouche for me.

In any case, pm me or email me at edgeofthorns316@yahoo.com if interested. I wanted to post here first before heading elsewhere. I will also include free shipping.

I will supply pictures upon request

BHK3

Banned
I like the image rule because of shit like what's above me right now. Tone deaf, OP Ignoring, didn't even check the last two pages nosense. Quotes still have to load these huge file sizes, my internet isn't bad or anything but everytime I opened certain pages and had to load 50 10mb photos of either bargain bin games or phones it would chug. Like honestly do listings absolutely need to have high resolution photos? We can't ask for them? One dude whines about the rules and we get derailed for a few pages before we return to our regularly scheduled programming.

The Dude

I like the image rule because of shit like what's above me right now. Tone deaf, OP Ignoring, didn't even check the last two pages nosense. Quotes still have to load these huge file sizes, my internet isn't bad or anything but everytime I opened certain pages and had to load 50 10mb photos of either bargain bin games or phones it would chug. Like honestly do listings absolutely need to have high resolution photos? We can't ask for them? One dude whines about the rules and we get derailed for a few pages before we return to our regularly scheduled programming.

First of all, I didn't see the posts above because I opened the page and the last few posts were ads. I merely returned to an opened page from a few hours ago. And no I wouldn't sit and read pages of ads when I'm "not" looking to buy anything. So I think you're jumping the gun. If removing my photo will make your life that much better I'll do it as I had no clue someone even has the time to sit and worry about such petty things and take it to such degrees

However, if we want to reduce the rules breaking - the thread title should include, "read the OP/rules".

I know I said I was going to do this before, but I've now sent a message to a mod to ask for a title change. The new title, assuming it is approved, will simply be:

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2016 | Read the Rules in the OP

It's funny, because I was just thinking literally two days ago about how smoothly the thread had been going here lately. There will always be something though.

wiibomb

I know I said I was going to do this before, but I've now sent a message to a mod to ask for a title change. The new title, assuming it is approved, will simply be:

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2016 | Read the Rules in the OP

It's funny, because I was just thinking literally two days ago about how smoothly the thread had been going here lately. There will always be something though.

there has been an kind of streak of rule breaking regarding images, that OT title, ugliness aside, it's the most convenient way to direct newcomers

Amagon

I'm sorry dude, I think it was actually my phone. They appeared huge, but since then all my fonts have gotten weird and my display settings are back to default from what I'd changed them to. I think this build of Chrome Dev is wonky. I should've checked it on PC before calling you out. And you're right, I was confusing you with another poster as far as the repeated issue. Really am sorry.

And I'm sorry that I seem to have disturbed the general calm of the thread, LOL.
It's alright brother! You can purchase something from me as an apology. ;p

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
If a picture is quoted, everyone still has to load that big ass picture file of an unremarkable video game case billboard ad or Halo Mountain Dew on a yellow chair. If you're on a mobile device in particular, those huge images, quoted or not, have a massive performance hit. It makes the thread difficult to use and dreadful to open.

Soliciting posters in BST should always make life easier for those reading.

coopolon

Since I guess this is being determined by discussion more should participate in said discussion. The photo police in this thread are way more annoying than the actual photos.

If it had gone as easily as the feedback thread transition did that would be one thing, it's pretty rare anyone needs to be reminded of the new thread and the reminders are always kind. But the photo rule is just not catching on and people then get mad about it and go crazy on any repeat offenders (see above example.)

I vote either go back to old photo rule, or keep the photo rule but stop enforcing it to avoid the drama, or I guess having select thread monitors who can be trusted to stay calm might work.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
WTB: Deathtrap $1.50 F&F Paypal (previously bought a key but I want one for my friend after seeing all the multiplayer modes on offer, not spamming I promise!)

PM me if you have a spare Steam key for sale.

Squarehard

Just to be clear, all of this started with a misunderstanding from one person who was having problems viewing images properly and thought the person they were reprimanding was using incorrect dimensions for the image, but in fact they were not. It probably wasn't necessary for all of this to spin so far out of control.

In regards to trying to manage this better.

Would it be fair to say that the people who are typically calling these things out are long time members, or at least members that frequent this thread pretty often? If so, would it be possible for those who are trying to "enforce" the image restrictions by sending said "offenders" a private message instead of posting about it in the thread?

I think it would be okay if people were calling it out as a courtesy, but sometimes these posts are more of a reprimand than letting people know of the rules.

It would certainly cause less clutter in the thread itself, and also have a higher chance of making sure people will see a comment was made about the rules. It's also a good way to see if people are just blatantly ignoring the rules if several people have messaged them, and they can't just dodge the fact that they don't see it in the thread because it got spammed away from pages back.

Maybe there can even be something in the op that encourages members who see a rule being broken to send a private message to the "offender" first, and if that really does not work, then the member can take a different route by calling them out in the thread if they see it happen again, but it should only be used as a last resort.

Just seems like there's a much more civil way to take care of things like this, and personally, I never really understood the public shaming approach, which sometimes is necessary, but it certainly shouldn't be mandatory.

On a separate note, I have a question about the imaging and quoting thing because I honestly don't know, so I would like some feedback.

I am one of the ones who have not been putting my images in quotes, but my dimensions on my pictures have all been set within the dimensional limit in the op. However, I did try to go ahead and do the quoting thing because I wanted to try and make sure everything is sound, but when I did the quote, it shrunk the size of the image even smaller, which makes it harder to see of course. My question is: What does quoting really do in regards to images? Does it make it easier to load? Aesthetically cleaner to look at? Or what exactly are the main benefits?

I guess for me it just feels redundant to have the image size restrictions, and then having the quoting or coding restriction since the size of the image will get shrunk down anyways when I put it in a quote or code. Is there really a purpose for doing both? Are quotes really that necessary? Just trying to figure it out because I genuinely have no idea what the biggest benefits of quoting or coding any image would be, or if it really drastically improves performance for people browsing the thread.

Sorry it's such a long wall of text, but figure it's easier to just say and ask everything at once.

Thanks in advance for responses.

I like the image rule. Makes everything more readable.

But moderation should be swifter. If an OP makes a mistake, the community should let him know once and give him some hours before his post is removed by a mod.

It's not fair for people to not play by the rules and the rules are there for a reason

New002

I have only started using the thread recently but I've seen people get nasty about the rules (imo anyways), and it can be off-putting at times.

Ideally I think it would be awesome to have a dedicated b/s/t mod mod that enforces the rules set in the OP by the community. They would communicate through PM and let people know if something is wrong with their listing. If the person doesn't correct it or repeats it after being contacted, then the mod can just remove the post. Or can mod edits the post with a message like [this listing has been removed for violating the guidelines set in the op]? I'm not totally sure what mods can or can't do in that regard.

Anyways, I'm sure it's not really realistic to dedicate a mod to just b/s/t, but that's my ideal world idea.

In the meantime I agree that adding a read the op for rules message might help, so I hope that gets approved. Some people will definitely still post without reading the OP, but some might stop to read it because of that note. I like the idea of modding being done through PMs. If they fail to take action after a PM then feel free to post about it in the thread in a civil manner. That's my 2 cents anyways.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I've got a whole lot of Music codes from the hundreds of vinyl I've purchased over the years. Everything is a dollar!

Here's the Google Doc.

giphy.gif

Just PM me if interested and we can exchange info that way. Paypal please :)

Nooooo bottom of the page!

Selling

Chewbacca Mask - $50 shipped

Beoplay Beolit 15 Bluetooth Speaker Rosa Pink Brand New - $400 shipped

SOLD Beoplay H7 Bluetooth Headphones Black Brand New - $250 shipped

JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX850 - $225 shipped

Good condition: some scratches around the metal casing.

Bose QC35 Opened No Scratches - $320 shipped

Beoplay H8 Headphones - $300

Invis

Need this stuff gone ASAP to foot a bill so hit me up and we'll talk.

WTS: Xbox One 500GB - Comes with Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive, Halo MCC, and Destiny. All physical games. Comes with everything that came in the original box as well. Only thing to know is that the rumble motors from the controller are removed. They stopped working for some reason so I took them out to make the controller lighter. - $215 shipped

Funko Pop Vinyl Tie Fighter Pilot Chase Smuggler's Bounty - $39 shipped

I have a huge list of old games I'm getting rid of here. Too long to post so I have them in a Google Sheet viewable here. PM me if you're interested in something. I'm willing to let everything on here go for pretty cheap since there's nothing really good at all in here and it's taking up way too much room. So PM me and I know we can work something out.

Squarehard

WTT/S:

Pokemon Fire Red New Sealed (Creases and dents on sides of box, corners are all fine)
8xXDZTL.png

WoW BC CE New Still Sealed

Fire Emblem Special Edition New Sealed (dings/dents on corners of box)
0zwnsj5l.jpg

All Complete: Fatal Fury (Good), Fatal Fury (Very Good), Fatal Fury 2 (Good), Thrash Rally (Neo Geo Sticker Seal Still in Tact, Game never opened, Very Good)
NhdRRvI.png

Toy Biz Capcom Video Game Super Stars Darkstalkers 3 Talbain & BB Bonnie Hood

Vita (Complete in original case w/cover art):

Akiba's Trip
Demon Gaze
Disgaea 3
Hyperdevotion Noire
Hyperdimension Neptunia PP
Hyperdimension Neptunia U
Natural Doctrine
Valhalla Knights 3
Gravity Rush
Earth Defense Force 2
Persona 4 Golden

Anime:

DVD
Tsuritama Complete Collection (New/Sealed, more than 1 available)
You're Under Arrest S1 Box Set 2 (Good-Very Good, Used)

Want To Trade For:

[Preferred]Vita JP titles
Paypal
Amazon GC
NISA Vita LEs(Atelier Escha/Ar Nosurge/Demon Gaze/etc)
IF Vita LEs (Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1 LE/Black Heart)
Vita memory cards 32gb/64gb

WTB/T:

Hero and Daughter
LiEat
Carpe Fulgur Collection
Chantelise
Fortune Summoners
Recettear
Machina of the Planet Tree
Long Live the Queen
Storm of Spears
Helen's Mysterious Castle
Sakura Games

and others

Have:

Paypal
Muv-Luv Extra/Unlimited Steam Code

WTS Vendillion Clique (Morningtide) $30 each (have 4)
WTS Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley - Nintendo 3DS $20 shipped (New)

WTS Powercolor R9 290x (triple fans with backplate) $200 shipped
C8y4fepl.jpg

WTB Silent Hill 2 PC

Ludens

Banned
WTB Alisha's Story DLC Steam key for Tales of Zestiria for 2$, it was free on Namco Bandai site but I lost my mail with the code and there's no way to recover it from the site.

52club

As someone who has found the BST super helpful in saving money I would like to suggest giving a trial run or lifting the image rules for one week. And instead just making them best practices during that time. I do notice activity seems to be down from that past, that could be a lot of other factors though also influencing the downturn.

At the end of the day I'm fine with whatever, I don't sell that often.

Friggz

Im only going to keep this post up until monday. if nobody bites ill return them to the store.

I got a good deal so im offering them to gaf, i paid $90, so im looking to just get back what i paid. These are Sennheiser PC 350 Special Edition headset. PM me with any interest.

IMG_7269_zpsgih8kp5e.jpg

sabanoo

As someone who has found the BST super helpful in saving money I would like to suggest giving a trial run or lifting the image rules for one week. And instead just making them best practices during that time. I do notice activity seems to be down from that past, that could be a lot of other factors though also influencing the downturn.

That downturn might be related to moving feedback posts to a separate thread.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

If you want to give a trial run to the old rules, check the previous BST threads.

Left over Humble Bundle Codes:

Origin:
The Sims 3 - $1

Desura:
Humble Indie Bundle #3 - $1
Humble Indie Bundle #2 - $1
Humble Frozenbyte Bundle - $1

Paypal friends and family only.

NeOak

If you want to give a trial run to the old rules, check the previous BST threads.
This.

Browsing GAF from my phone a lot, I appreciate the image rules. I have an old unlimited data plan, but that is still time the images have to be downloaded and then more and more scrolling past what end up being family albums instead of BST posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom