• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

Eric WK

Teetris said:
What the hell is this modded controller stuff?

Rapid fire that lets you hold down the trigger while using single fire weapons like the Desert Eagle, G3, M14 or Barrett .50 Cal.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Eric WK said:
Rapid fire that lets you hold down the trigger while using single fire weapons like the Desert Eagle, G3, M14 or Barrett .50 Cal.
Ah, thanks. I haven't been on since awhile on PS3 and the cheating reports made me stay far away but seems everything's fixed. Might give it a shot again

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Now, if they could patch in some new maps *cough cough*...

Yes, I know it'll never happen and I'm still urked at ATVI shafting 4 out of a couple more than 4 alright maps

Also that youtube link is :lol :lol :lol :lol , QQ more bitch. BAWWW I CAN'T HAVE MY MODDED DEAGLE KILLS AND SAY IT'S "SKILL" ANYMORE! BAWWW! :lol

So yeah, didn't really do CoD4 MP when it came out and wasn't that into SP.
Guess I got hyped on MW2 as I went ahead and bought CoD4 GotY via Steam (boy has this game retained it's value).

Gameplay is still as solid as I remeber and I dunno, I dig playing it more on PC now as opposed to PS3 years back. MP community seems non-douchey and it still looks and plays great!
Awesome to see there's still a huge community for it as well on the PC side as your usually hearing about it's console counterparts.

Anyone here playing the PC version?

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
So amped for the patch, hope it hits any day now. In anticipation, I've been trying to get the gold m60 over the past few days. Been an M16 user for life, but found the M60's power to be pretty damn amazing.....

Captured this a couple days ago. 115 kills on Bog with a M60.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qau7FZF_xn8

Previous best was 121 with a M16, maybe a year ago. Starting to like this gun...

kuYuri

AgentOtaku said:
So yeah, didn't really do CoD4 MP when it came out and wasn't that into SP.
Guess I got hyped on MW2 as I went ahead and bought CoD4 GotY via Steam (boy has this game retained it's value).

Gameplay is still as solid as I remeber and I dunno, I dig playing it more on PC now as opposed to PS3 years back. MP community seems non-douchey and it still looks and plays great!
Awesome to see there's still a huge community for it as well on the PC side as your usually hearing about it's console counterparts.

Anyone here playing the PC version?

I'm still playing. I recently changed to the PC version after spending a ton of time with the 360 version and what a difference KB/M makes with aiming. It's hard to go back.

Strider2K99 said:
I'm still playing. I recently changed to the PC version after spending a ton of time with the 360 version and what a difference KB/M makes with aiming. It's hard to go back.

Yeah, not to mention remappable sprint ....can't stand sprint being mapped to LS/L3. Only exception I make is Killzone2

Eric WK

LeMaximilian said:
So amped for the patch, hope it hits any day now. In anticipation, I've been trying to get the gold m60 over the past few days. Been an M16 user for life, but found the M60's power to be pretty damn amazing.....

Previous best was 121 with a M16, maybe a year ago. Starting to like this gun...

Fuck, man. Yeah, Bog is an insane place to rack up kills in HQ or Domination. Best I've done is like 83-5, though.

Nice work. Check your PMs.

LeMaximilian said:

Very good, man.

What are your thoughts on the ability to die and restart your streak with a helicopter/airstrike that you got before dying?
We both use that trick to gain ridiculous scores and kill counts, but i would be happier if they would remove it in mw2. I always feel cheap using that knowledge against my opponents.

scoobs

CultureClearance said:
Very good, man.

What are your thoughts on the ability to die and restart your streak with a helicopter/airstrike that you got before dying?
We both use that trick to gain ridiculous scores and kill counts, but i would be happier if they would remove it in mw2. I always feel cheap using that knowledge against my opponents.

Play on PC.. My best is about 215 kills.

Magik

CultureClearance said:
Very good, man.

They should removal the ability to start a streak with Helicopters and Airstrikes. It can get pretty crazy on specific modes like Hardcore HQ especially maps such as Bog and Shipment.

I'm not going to lie, I use the trick myself. :D

kuYuri

Magik said:
They should removal the ability to start a streak with Helicopters and Airstrikes. It can get pretty crazy on specific modes like Hardcore HQ especially maps such as Bog and Shipment.

I'm not going to lie, I use the trick myself. :D

Which is what they did with WaW.

Oh wait, GAFs irrational hate for WaW blinds them from it's fixes.

Hazimov

Hazimov said:
I was playing CoD4 today ... then I saw this..

keerfb.jpg

2074wzn.jpg

I know about the leaderboards exploits but this is the first time I come across such hacks.

Just wondering, did the folks at IW address this problem?

Hazimov said:
^
I couldn't take a picture of the kill message, but I think it wasn't saying "you killed Gamertag" it was saying "you un?????? Gamertag" I don't remember the "???????"

And here's a picture of the kills log, it's pretty annoying.

r78ysg.jpg

Nizz

I remember those weird gamertags with the sticks and buttons when it happened on PS3. They took care of that a long time ago.

Now it's happening on 360? Damn...

Why do people even bothering doing stuff like that? It doesn't help you at all. If anything, it draws more attention to you, making you a bigger target.

borsdy

Banned
I'm trying to play the PS3 version but when I get to the playlist it sticks at the 'downloading game settings' screen. I left it there for 20 minutes so what am I doing wrong? I've reset my router and disabled UPnP in my connection settings already.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
borsdy said:
I'm trying to play the PS3 version but when I get to the playlist it sticks at the 'downloading game settings' screen. I left it there for 20 minutes so what am I doing wrong? I've reset my router and disabled UPnP in my connection settings already.

It's your DNS, probably. You might want to check your connection/ISP/blah blah blah.

borsdy

Banned
TheSeks said:
It's your DNS, probably. You might want to check your connection/ISP/blah blah blah.
Not sure what I did different but I turned on my triple today and the game is working swell :|

So I've been going through the single-player again and I decided to try out something and was just wondering if anyone else tried this. In the "All Ghillied Up" mission after you pass the building with the guy in the tower, a helicopter passes by so I decided to snipe it. It turns back around and we both run back into the building while it shoots at us. I was surprised to see that it actually tears the building apart and I eventually died. Totally wasn't expecting that to happen. Before that, it was also my first time killing those 4 guys in that building when Captain MacMillian tells you not to.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Can someone help me with the PC version of this? Every time i boot up the mutliplayer portion I get an error: Unable to initialize Punkbuster. Punkbuster is disabled. No matter what server I try to join, the connection always times out, even if it's running with Punkbuster or not.

Edit: Actually just got into a game. Weird after trying like 6 others.

Went back and played this for the first time in two years. 3 outta 4 rounds were littered with campers. I won't be bothering with this game ever again. I can't believe I didn't play WaW sooner. It's such a superior game to this online.

DoomGyver

I'm not sure if there are enough people still playing this online to warrant a new thread in the community forum so..

Are people still playing this? I'm thinking about picking it back up for x360 and was curious to know if anyone on GAF was still active. I miss the maps (best maps of any of the CODs) and it's still in the top ten or so most played titles on XBL so matchmaking shouldn't be a problem.

J-Roderton

Full Recovery said:
I'm not sure if there are enough people still playing this online to warrant a new thread in the community forum so..

Are people still playing this? I'm thinking about picking it back up for x360 and was curious to know if anyone on GAF was still active. I miss the maps (best maps of any of the CODs) and it's still in the top ten or so most played titles on XBL so matchmaking shouldn't be a problem.

Now that you mention it, I almost bought a copy again 2 weeks ago. Should I go through with it?

Was it COD4 or MW2 that had/has a problem with hackers (at least on the PS3 version)? I would check around just to be sure. That could put a damper on the entire experience.

J2d

Summary Man said:
Was it COD4 or MW2 that had/has a problem with hackers (at least on the PS3 version)? I would check around just to be sure. That could put a damper on the entire experience.
Both had problems, no idea what the situation is with MW2 after the patch but I came across a couple of hacked games in COD4 today (PS3 version btw).

DoomGyver

I checked out the COD4 boards on xbox.com and apparently there is a deranking mod going around that gives you negative XP for kills. All you have to do though to avoid it is dashboard before the game ends so the negative XP doesn't count. If the negative XP saves and you haven't prestiged you will go to level 1 and won't be able to play in any games because all of the playlists will be locked, that is unless you get invited to a game by a friend every time. The only way to fix it would be create a new gamertag.

Kind of disheartening, but if you know what to look for it shouldn't be hard to avoid it.

venom2124

If you are on the fence about picking up cod4, just buy it. I recently repurchased it for the ps3 and I get tdm matches all hours of the day. I expect the 360 community to be even larger. Still the best cod (tied with waw for me). The only drawbacks are no host migration and most of the remaining players believe they're all elite snipers. I just finished a tdm on countdown 37-5 because the other team all sniped. I can't believe I ever sold this game.

kuYuri

Epic bump...

I've been playing CoD4 on 360 again after stopping at 10th prestige rank 12 to try to get to rank 55. After that, I may or may not put it down again, who knows.

F8AL

MattyH said:
sorry for the bump but is anyone having trouble getting into matches on 360?

Yeah, it sometimes gives me this error message and says 0/0 players in total playing this playlist. =/

Yeah...so, I just got on this game for the first time in a few months.

EVERY game I played had this "INFECTED BY..." text along with a web site about mods right below the mini-map.

What the fuck happened?

Top Bottom