• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Ducarmel

If I'm thinking about getting dlc for this game, is season pass better or buying things separately?

I'm new to the series and only had the game for a couple of days, so I'm not sure what the release schedule and prices for new content is like.

kuYuri

If I'm thinking about getting dlc for this game, is season pass better or buying things separately?

I'm new to the series and only had the game for a couple of days, so I'm not sure what the release schedule and prices for new content is like.

DLC typically releases every 2-3 months, if you're on Xbox or PC, the wait is about a month after it comes on PS4 since PS4 got the 30 day DLC exclusivity for Black Ops 3.

If you really love Black Ops 3 MP and/or Zombies mode, then absolutely get the season pass. It's $50, which is a $10 savings from buying the DLC individually. Each DLC by itself is $15.

The DLC grants new MP maps (typically around 4) and one Zombies map. Sometimes they will also throw additional bonuses such as a new weapon or skin or something, but it varies from DLC to DLC.

If you are going to buy the DLC it's an all or nothing deal. If you only get one or two packs you'll only be matched up with people with the exact same configuration as you, meaning you'll get a lot less available games. You also can't remove the DLC once you purchase it, it is baked in now.

Skittles

Found out why the argus is garbage in zombies. It fires a slug even if you're not ADS, which is fucking awful while training.

Sad to silver go, just me and phazon for the new zombies maps then :(

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Found out why the argus is garbage in zombies. It fires a slug even if you're not ADS, which is fucking awful while training.

Sad to silver go, just me and phazon for the new zombies maps then :(

The Argus's strength in zombies is sheer concentrated damage. Good for Margwas or Panzer Soldats. Also means you won't have to pack-a-punch it until the later rounds. Too bad packing it doesn't improve the lever action rate like it improves the KRM's pump.

Picked the MP Starter Pack up on Steam a few days ago and I've been really enjoying it. I haven't played a CoD game in a few years and would always play on console. The M+KB controls were good, but it didn't feel the same. I was getting around .7 KD in TDM. I connected my XBO controller and I'm now getting around 1.25+ KD in TDM.

Does anyone else on PC use a controller?

Ducarmel

If you are going to buy the DLC it's an all or nothing deal. If you only get one or two packs you'll only be matched up with people with the exact same configuration as you, meaning you'll get a lot less available games. You also can't remove the DLC once you purchase it, it is baked in now.

I want to understand this a bit further my cousin is thinking about getting the season pass, does that mean we will only play people that has season pass?

Creaking

I want to understand this a bit further my cousin is thinking about getting the season pass, does that mean we will only play people that has season pass?

Essentially, yes, but that's the second biggest group of players. The biggest will always be the people who just own the base game. Whether slimming the player pool is a big deal or not kind of depends on where you live. You should be able to find other players just as easily as always with the season pass, you just might start seeing more of the same players.

Though I base these statements only on posts made by others in this thread.

thanks for the info.

Also, keep in mind that those that buy the season pass are typically the most devoted players of Call of Duty. So if you purchase it, keep in mind the possibility of running into MUCH more difficult players slightly/noticeably more often (heck, you may even run into me and my little group).

kaskade

Opened up another rare crate, common camo, common card, rare gesture. 3 bonus keys. Ridiculous. At least give a heavy key bonus for that.

Ensoul

I know there is not a whole lot of difference between the knife the sword the brass knuckles etc but I am always getting killed by people running around with these. I don't get it.

Nabs

Opened up another rare crate, common camo, common card, rare gesture. 3 bonus keys. Ridiculous. At least give a heavy key bonus for that.

I've been getting a lot of these crates lately. 2 common items and 3 bonus keys. So annoying.

Creaking

I know there is not a whole lot of difference between the knife the sword the brass knuckles etc but I am always getting killed by people running around with these. I don't get it.

They're not horrible weapons if you know how to use them. Plus folks want to show off their shiny new toys.

Rixxan

Haven't seen splash or rise in what feels like a week or more

New maps aren't showing up anymore for me, at least very rarely

My friend just got done spendin 50$ on microtransactions to get that MX garand weapon and he did not get it, that was hilarious what a waste

Radec

My friend just got done spendin 50$ on microtransactions to get that MX garand weapon and he did not get it, that was hilarious what a waste

Let him watch past videos of youtubers like tmartn on how many cod points they wasted before they got a dlc weapon. lol

Tarnpanzer

Does anyone else on PC use a controller?

Nope, but I had a similar experience with Titanfall of PC. Had a much better K/D by using my DS4 instead of M/KB. I really don´t like playing these fast and jump-heavy games with M/KB. Much less stressful when playing these with a controller.

Agent

If I ever were to spend money on points I would wait until they did another 50% off crate deal like the other week. At least you would get double the chance. Granted, they may not offer that again anytime soon.

kaskade

I've been getting a lot of these crates lately. 2 common items and 3 bonus keys. So annoying.

I see it on reddit a bit too. If they want people to spend money they should give better crates. Not that I would but constantly getting shit would make me nervous to spend the money.

That's what really sucks about this style. You can spend so much but never get what you really want.

I see it on reddit a bit too. If they want people to spend money they should give better crates. Not that I would but constantly getting shit would make me nervous to spend the money.

That's what really sucks about this style. You can spend so much but never get what you really want.

I had the same issue with CS GO boxes and keys when I was addicted to that game, stopped playing the game because it got bad

I've been playing Call of Duty since Modern Warfare, but I've never prestiged. Last night, I finally took the plunge and did it. This is new territory for me! I used my first permanent unlock on my Man-O-War, because that gun is great.

Metfanant

I've been playing Call of Duty since Modern Warfare, but I've never prestiged. Last night, I finally took the plunge and did it. This is new territory for me! I used my first permanent unlock on my Man-O-War, because that gun is great.

You never were high enough of a level to prestige or just sat at lvl 55 forever?

Ensoul

Just started to use the ripper and it's a blast to use. It charges up pretty quickly and some games I can get 5 or 6 kills with it.

I actually took a break from MP and started the campaign on Realistic with a buddy of mine. Beat 3 missions so far, its surprisingly not that bad...yet. The only problem we had at first was the very end of the first mission. Ridiculous, not looking forward to that big battle towards the end of the game. :/

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Did they fix the Silencer+Varix combo for long shots?

I did not get a single long shot medal while playing on Metro and I was killing people the complete length of the tracks away. I know I was getting them from way shorter distances before.

I did not get a single long shot medal while playing on Metro and I was killing people the complete length of the tracks away. I know I was getting them from way shorter distances before.

Yes, they fixed the varix Longshot glitch. Silencer was never part of the equation. Xclusive ace has a new video on the exact distances required now.

If you don't keep up with the sale threads, Black Ops 3 is on sale on the PSN store (and I think xbox too) this week. $40 for base, $77 I think for deluxe. The 20% code discount new PS4s get work on it, PLUS if you spend $100 on the PSN store this week you will get back $15 next month.

Easy choice to upgrade from physical edition, bought this and a few other things to bump me up to $125, used 20% discount. $62 or so after the 20% discount for the deluxe game plus $15 back next month is cheaper than I'll even pay for just the season pass.

eek5

They fixed it. They should have adjusted the long shot distances when they did because few maps even have the line of sights necessary to get long shots now. It's pretty stupid.

Ensoul

I am trying to get the shotguns gold. Getting headshots with the haymaker is impossible.

Last night I kept losing to a person running around with a knife. He would run up to me, I would shoot him once or twice when he got within distances of the bullets and he would simply stab me. Happened 4 or 5 times.

Then I lost to a guy using just his fists.

There is literally zero redeem quality in using this gun. I don't see how I will ever get 100 headshots with it. Never mind a blood thirsty if I even make it that far.

Ensoul

Are you aiming high or at the body?

Kind of. I am torn between getting the kill and the headshot. If I have the jump on someone I will aim for the head and usually miss the headshot. If the person comes up quickly to me and I shoot and don't have much time to aim so it's the body.

I know this gun was nerffed but why? How overpowered was it?

Switched from my 42" screen to my 27" monitor and it seems to be helping with my performance. I dunno if it's my eyes just being focused on a smaller area or if the response time is quicker on the monitor, but I'm happy I've made the switch.

I've been so tempted to buy cod points for the chance at the new weapons too, because my last 4-5 rare supply crates have been basically a rare gesture and 2 common skins. It's so annoying ;=;

Top Bottom