• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Instead of letting go of L2, I drag the gun while it's zoomed in instead of letting go and re-focus on the target, which is obviously much slower and loses me a lot of gun fights I could win

Doesn't matter if you still kill them ;p

Oh, I've never had that happen to me. For me, it's just natural instinct to let go and reposition my aim whenever someone leaves beyond an efficient line of sight (usually due to them boosting and stuff). I usually hip fire while I'm doing that though, since that normally happens within close range. It's just too slow and incovenient to stay aimed in such situations. I only really reposition my aim while aiming down the sights when doing so is within the line of sight and/or I need to be precise (for example, when attacking from far away).

angelic

Banned
Instead of letting go of L2, I drag the gun while it's zoomed in instead of letting go and re-focus on the target, which is obviously much slower and loses me a lot of gun fights I could win

Doesn't matter if you still kill them ;p

I miss them, to the left. Its most annoying. Sometimes I have to force myself to let the small autoaim take over.

M.D

Oh, I've never had that happen to me. For me, it's just natural instinct to let go and reposition my aim whenever someone leaves beyond an efficient line of sight (usually due to them boosting and stuff). I usually hip fire while I'm doing that though, since that normally happens within close range. It's just too slow and incovenient to stay aimed in such situations. I only really reposition my aim while aiming down the sights when doing so is within the line of sight and/or I need to be precise (for example, when attacking from far away).

You were born to play Call of Duty lol

I miss them, to the left. Its most annoying. Sometimes I have to force myself to let the small autoaim take over.

I just switched from ADS and firing on L2/R2 to L1/R1 because I saw it on some tip video, can't imagine that helping my problem X_X

Also, just got the MX Grand from a common supply drop... not the weapon I wanted tho :<

Ducarmel

Does activision/treyarch ban people who use modified controllers, just finished a game a couple of guys where using them but not sure if its worth reporting it.

angelic

Banned
You were born to play Call of Duty lol

I just switched from ADS and firing on L2/R2 to L1/R1 because I saw it on some tip video, can't imagine that helping my problem X_X

Also, just got the MX Grand from a common supply drop... not the weapon I wanted tho :<

I've been using l1/r1 since i migrated from 360 to pick up ghosts on the ps3 in 2013, just so much faster than the triggers. I also use a claw grip so I can jump, ads, shoot etc without moving my thumbs off the sticks.

People getting the garand off comomons is crazy, I keep hearing it happen but all I get is decals :(

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe I should just start opening Commons. I'm not even getting good camos anymore, just Gestures and decals or reticles.

Remember when they buffed Rare Supply Drops after people complained they were pointless? It feels like they're back to the launch rates for Epics and Legendaries.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Personal challenge: Stop dragging the gun using the optic when having a gun fight

I would win so many gun fights if it wasn't for that
The stock attachment helps hugely with this. But yeah I've always done the same thing and have never been able to quit.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Know what I'd dig? If you could equip secondary weapons in the primary slot. The benefits would be more reserve ammo and the ability to put on more than two attachments. It would also let you run a pistol and a launcher or knife if you wanted to. Wouldn't really mess with balance either, since sidearms are still generally weaker than primaries outside of handling.

I really like using handguns, but I feel so arbitrarily limited by the games systems when I try to build more interesting classes around them. At least in Black Ops 2 you had the combat knife by default as your secondary if you went in sidearms only.

Ensoul

While I have the AR, Subs and Launchers diamond and I even though I am 50 kills with 6 attachments away from diamond for the LMG I think I am done with going for DM camo.

Plus I will NEVER get Bloodthirsties for the snipers. Never. I think the most kills I got in a row was 2. For whatever reason I have someone dead to rights and I somehow miss. On the flip side people are jumping up in the air, seemingly missing three feet to my left and sniping and killing me.

The bottom line is that I am not enjoying the game and it turns into a chore when all I am doing is going for endless head shots every game.

Have to give people credit for getting DM camo. I just don't have their skill or patience to grind.

angelic

Banned
Try the drakon on hardcore with thermal sites and silencer - its fast firing one hit killing, and camp your little soldiers arse off. On hardcore mode people dont see a killcam too, so they dont know where you are. I hate snipers and I did them, if I can, anyone can.

M.D

What is up with people in my games never using UAV's and no one ever bothering to shoot down a UAV/CUAV, but as soon as I use one the enemy team shoots it down :(

The stock attachment helps hugely with this. But yeah I've always done the same thing and have never been able to quit.

I use it sometimes but I'd rather get better at it than make a bad habit a bit better

how does blops 3 compare to modern warfare 2? (thats when i stopped play cod). saw a trailer for the map pack and doesnt look the same at all? worth the purchase or should i wait for the new one?

Toa TAK

Banned
how does blops 3 compare to modern warfare 2? (thats when i stopped play cod). saw a trailer for the map pack and doesnt look the same at all? worth the purchase or should i wait for the new one?

It's been the better multiplayer CODs since BOII and BO before it. Give it a go, but avoid the campaign at all costs.

someday

Banned
xbox or ps? assuming population is good in both. looks a bit like titanfall mixed with destiny/halo
If you have the choice, I'd pick ps. There are a few threads on reddit where xbox users get thrown out of games and dashboarded and I've never had that happen on ps4.

Toa TAK

Banned
As an Xbox player, I'd advise going with the PS myself. Servers are shit for us and you'll get the DLC first. I get kicked out at least 3 times a day no matter the game mode.

It's been the better multiplayer CODs since BOII and BO before it. Give it a go, but avoid the campaign at all costs.

But the Campaign was amazing in my opinion (as was Zombies, Multiplayer, Freerun, Dead Ops Arcade, and Nightmares).

But yeah, definitely a fun game worth buying.

Ganhyun

If you have the choice, I'd pick ps. There are a few threads on reddit where xbox users get thrown out of games and dashboarded and I've never had that happen on ps4.

As an Xbox player, I'd advise going with the PS myself. Servers are shit for us and you'll get the DLC first. I get kicked out at least 3 times a day no matter the game mode.

Yep,

This is all true.

Playing it also breaks the invite party to game feature most of the time for players (it immediately comes back if you play a different game and sometimes comes back if you reboot the game). Also, half the time you cannot actually use the game's own invite system nor see friends actually playing the game in the list of people you know playing the damn game.

The funny thing is, Xclusive Ace says the game is actually better on XB1 than PS despite all this (it was during one of his videos/twitch streams. He was asked the question. He gavfe an edge to XB1, which surprised me.)

someday

Banned
Yep,
The funny thing is, Xclusive Ace says the game is actually better on XB1 than PS despite all this (it was during one of his videos/twitch streams. He was asked the question. He gavfe an edge to XB1, which surprised me.)
Did he give a reason why? This is the first cod I've played on playstation but I had taken a several year break from the multiplayer so I can't tell.

Yep,

This is all true.

Playing it also breaks the invite party to game feature most of the time for players (it immediately comes back if you play a different game and sometimes comes back if you reboot the game). Also, half the time you cannot actually use the game's own invite system nor see friends actually playing the game in the list of people you know playing the damn game.

Ace is the only Youtuber/Twitcher that I follow any more. His PS4 is messed up. He gets texture glitches, CTD every few games, and some weird controller thing where the right stick will suddenly move to the left or right without him actually pushing it. He admits it's specific to his PS4, so for him, the Xbox experience is better. Also, apparently on Xbox you can just open up your game to anyone, even non-friends, which is good for Twitch streaming with viewers.

damn it lol. when is the next cod dropping (estimate)?

November, always in November. Where are you that it's so expensive? It's $38 on Amazon US right now. Just buy it. It's really good.

angelic

Banned
The game us taking the piss out of me now, I just got a merciless 10 kill streak with the pharo and recon site, aiming for the recon reticle challeges, get 5 kills 10 times without dying. My counter is stuck on 7, literally after doing it twice in one life, all kills ADSing too, not hipfired. Damn counter is stuck on 7/10. Urgh, treyarch.

angelic

Banned
The game us taking the piss out of me now, I just got a merciless 10 kill streak with the pharo and recon site, aiming for the recon reticle challeges, get 5 kills 10 times without dying. My counter is stuck on 7, literally after doing it twice in one life, all kills ADSing too, not hipfired. Damn counter is stuck on 7/10. Urgh, treyarch.

So this is either bugged or badly described, you need to do with a recon site ONLY, no attachments. Popped it within 2 games with 3 bloodthirsties as soon as I changed that and got my predator sites.

Daffy Duck

Ace is the only Youtuber/Twitcher that I follow any more. His PS4 is messed up. He gets texture glitches, CTD every few games, and some weird controller thing where the right stick will suddenly move to the left or right without him actually pushing it. He admits it's specific to his PS4, so for him, the Xbox experience is better. Also, apparently on Xbox you can just open up your game to anyone, even non-friends, which is good for Twitch streaming with viewers.

November, always in November. Where are you that it's so expensive? It's $38 on Amazon US right now. Just buy it. It's really good.

I get that weird controller thing to sometimes I thought my pad was broken.

Drift0r and Kross also mentioned they get it sometimes in a stream I watched.

Ensoul

Try the drakon on hardcore with thermal sites and silencer - its fast firing one hit killing, and camp your little soldiers arse off. On hardcore mode people dont see a killcam too, so they dont know where you are. I hate snipers and I did them, if I can, anyone can.

Right now I am working on the Locus and I am stuck on the bloodthirsties. I have tried hardcore, different scopes etc. The problem is no matter what mode I do or which attachments I use I am just so bad at the gun I cannot hit anybody.

Most of the times I ended up missing 3 or 4 times before I connect. Sometimes the person is so oblivious I am shooting at him but a majority of the time after I miss with the first or second shot they shoot and kill me.

As much a you hated snipers I guarantee there is no way you're as bad with them as I am.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I HATE Nuketown. There's really no strategy to it other than run around with an SMG and hope you can twitch faster than the next guy. The spawns are terrible, likely because everyone is running around and flipping them constantly. I'd say I get killed 2-3 times a game because the enemy spawn magically flipped to right next to me. So one moment I'm standing there picking guys off, the next there are 3-4 bad guys right next to me, running at me out of their spawn. Maybe I just don't know how to play the map, I don't know. But I'll leave a lobby before playing that map. And it shows up all the time. And gets voted for a reply whenever it comes up.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I know I'm in the minority here, but I HATE Nuketown. There's really no strategy to it other than run around with an SMG and hope you can twitch faster than the next guy. The spawns are terrible, likely because everyone is running around and flipping them constantly. I'd say I get killed 2-3 times a game because the enemy spawn magically flipped to right next to me. So one moment I'm standing there picking guys off, the next there are 3-4 bad guys right next to me, running at me out of their spawn. Maybe I just don't know how to play the map, I don't know. But I'll leave a lobby before playing that map. And it shows up all the time. And gets voted for a reply whenever it comes up.

No I hate it as well and wish they didn't add it to the regular map rotation.

Ganhyun

Nuketown is fine as an objective based map* for the most part.

* Except when a team is good enough to basically trap a team in spawn and use it to rack up massive amounts of kill streaks and such.

angelic

Banned
Absolutely anything on nuketown, its a weapon levelling playground.

Perfect for any challenge that wants actions in quick succession, 2 fast kills and so on, obviously because everyone is so condensed.

what are the recommended weapons and loadouts?

What type of weapons do you like to use? I would like to know any likes and dislikes you have before suggesting anything.

This is probably one of the most balanced CoDs I've seen. Any weapon and equipment can be used effectively (it's all about the user and not the weapon/equipment), they're all strong and have advantages/disadvantages (though not in the sense that all weapons are OP). So I would like to know your play style and such.

What type of weapons do you like to use? I would like to know any likes and dislikes you have before suggesting anything.

This is probably one of the most balanced CoDs I've seen. Any weapon and equipment can be used effectively (it's all about the user and not the weapon/equipment), they're all strong and have advantages/disadvantages (though not in the sense that all weapons are OP). So I would like to know your play style and such.

perfect. gonna pick up game in a couple of hours, still thinking like mw2 where the scar and a something were just beast.

Toa TAK

Banned
perfect. gonna pick up game in a couple of hours, still thinking like mw2 where the scar and a something were just beast.

This game isn't like MW2.

You won't be killed from THE SKY all the time. There are aerial killstreaks but nothing as egregious as the AC-130

For Core, my favorite guns, in order:

VMP
Man O War
KN44
Kuda
Sheiva
HVK

Some people really like the Razorback, but I find it underwhelming. It's an SMG that is similar to an AR, but IMO its ROF is too slow up close (even with rapid fire) and it typically is outgunned by AR's at range.

Edit: at first I would recommend running both quickdraw and fasthands until you really learn the handling of the guns. Even then, those two items are still pretty essential with unlimited sprint and face to face gunfights happening frequently. Every few milliseconds saved to ADS counts.

This game isn't like MW2.

You won't be killed from THE SKY all the time. There are aerial killstreaks but nothing as egregious as the AC-130

I mean, I've called in around 600 Motherships and I'll have you know that at least whenever I call one of those bad boys in, the enemy team is guaranteed to die about 30 times if they don't quit first.

Then again like I said it is all about the user and not the equipment/weapon/streak in question. Truth be told, I've seen people who are lucky to get 5 kills with it. So again I still feel like it's all balanced and relies more on player skill than superior stats.

Top Bottom