• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

angelic

Banned
Well I just spent 4 hours trying to get 3 bloodthirsties on the SVG sniper, my final weapon before DM. I got 1. Actually it was more like 5 hours. Loads of 4 streaks inevitably brought down by some dickhead who just had to seek me out, use an RC car, whatever it took to ruin my day. I tried safeguard, all the TDM stuff, core (hitmarker central even on a 1 shot gun), I got nowhere. Then just before a break I thought fuck it one more match, played a redwood, and did my remaining 2 bloodthirsties in a single life. 11 streak. I didnt know whether to laugh or cry. Turns out all it took was hiding in the corner of a quiet part of the map and picking off passing traffic.

I realise this means nothing to anybody, but these damn challenges have had my life for a month, headshots with the rotten pistols, the gorgon, the nightmare of 5 streaks with a knife, all paled to this last goddamn sniper. Even the p06 was easier (burst sniper). Anyway, did it, just making my way around to level 34 to get my third primary gunfighter to let me do the final bliss camo. Then done, over. Oh and I had a brilliant plan during my winning game, I got a care package so I called it in 30 yards in front of me, so I got sneaky kills from people trying to nab my crate. It actually dissapeared after 2 minutes or so, I didnt know that happened. Just *pop* out of existance.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I think I'm probably going to shelve the game for a while. Got all the main multiplayer goals done (Prestige Master, Dark Matter, Hero Armor), and I'm not having that much fun just going for challenges and trying to grind out cryptokeys. I'll pick it up again if they add a way to get weapons that isn't an awful abuse of the customer's time and/or money.

On top of that, the game just seems to be running worse than ever before. That needs to be fixed, and I don't feel like suffering through the game until it happens.

Daffy Duck

Well I just spent 4 hours trying to get 3 bloodthirsties on the SVG sniper, my final weapon before DM. I got 1. Actually it was more like 5 hours. Loads of 4 streaks inevitably brought down by some dickhead who just had to seek me out, use an RC car, whatever it took to ruin my day. I tried safeguard, all the TDM stuff, core (hitmarker central even on a 1 shot gun), I got nowhere. Then just before a break I thought fuck it one more match, played a redwood, and did my remaining 2 bloodthirsties in a single life. 11 streak. I didnt know whether to laugh or cry. Turns out all it took was hiding in the corner of a quiet part of the map and picking off passing traffic.

I realise this means nothing to anybody, but these damn challenges have had my life for a month, headshots with the rotten pistols, the gorgon, the nightmare of 5 streaks with a knife, all paled to this last goddamn sniper. Even the p06 was easier (burst sniper). Anyway, did it, just making my way around to level 34 to get my third primary gunfighter to let me do the final bliss camo. Then done, over. Oh and I had a brilliant plan during my winning game, I got a care package so I called it in 30 yards in front of me, so I got sneaky kills from people trying to nab my crate. It actually dissapeared after 2 minutes or so, I didnt know that happened. Just *pop* out of existance.

I had that with the Locus, been trying for the final bloodthirsty for at least 6 hours over a few days and nothing, then I got it in one game but for some reason it didn't count! I was close to tears at that poin, then I carried on playing and I was getting killed all the time on 4 kills, then I thought sod it packed up my headset/mixamp and Infection got voted again so I just played it with my group with no sound on the TV (it was late at night so I didn't turn up the TV as I didn't want to wake anyone, and I got the damn thing first go and ended up going on a merciless streak, you cannot make it up.

Ensoul

I had that with the Locus, been trying for the final bloodthirsty for at least 6 hours over a few days and nothing, then I got it in one game but for some reason it didn't count! I was close to tears at that poin, then I carried on playing and I was getting killed all the time on 4 kills, then I thought sod it packed up my headset/mixamp and Infection got voted again so I just played it with my group with no sound on the TV (it was late at night so I didn't turn up the TV as I didn't want to wake anyone, and I got the damn thing first go and ended up going on a merciless streak, you cannot make it up.

The snipers are a nightmare to get gold. The game is just too fast, the spawns are always flipping and half the maps are too small to snipe.

I think I am finally getting bored of this game. At this point the only things keeping me playing are trying to get master prestige (I figure than can be accomplished in a few more weeks) and Dark matter camo. I am quickly losing interest in getting Dark matter because all I have been doing for moths is trying to get headshots with guns I don't like.

I don't even want to think about how much work getting headshots with the side arms will be.

angelic

Banned

What a joke, you sound like me, right down to the result and the mixamp stuff. I'll put the video up later, it'll be 10 kills inbetween a load of time skipping, I literally just sat in a bush on redwood hardcore and shot people. Ive been using the bridge on fringe with cold blooded, smoke, hardcore, core, and people just make a bee line for me every time. 4 streaks and then my final shot passing through enemies, 4 streaks with someone lined up for a 5th kill then the game ends, playing in a lobby with someone else doing his snipe challenges so he keeps wanting my corner and we just kill each other repeatedly for 10 minutes.

angelic

Banned
Safeguard groundwar, throw sticky grenade towards objective then glitch...

Nuketown.Hardcore. Spawn in corner, stay still, throw a couple of tripmines out, hit glitch, you will glitch back to your exact same position, now you have 10 seconds or so to kill to people from that spot including the mines, and which on nuketown is pretty easy, you'll have it within a few games.

The snipers are a nightmare to get gold. The game is just too fast, the spawns are always flipping and half the maps are too small to snipe.

I think I am finally getting bored of this game. At this point the only things keeping me playing are trying to get master prestige (I figure than can be accomplished in a few more weeks) and Dark matter camo. I am quickly losing interest in getting Dark matter because all I have been doing for moths is trying to get headshots with guns I don't like.

I don't even want to think about how much work getting headshots with the side arms will be.

Im looking forward to a few new guns when the new content drops, and a bit like the south park warcraft, after years of grinding, finally I can play the game - without having to level up my rocket launcher, or hit any stupid challenges, its as if everyone else is just running around carefree with their nice guns, and I'm using all the shit ones. I just want to be free now, and soon...soon.

Sidearms headshots is tricky but fun, rewarding. Again, hardcore mode, low sensitivity, pop those heads, great fun.

Ghazi

It really wasn't that bad, in fact I had a lot of fun with the snipers since I rarely used them. I had a couple of games where I got high end kill streaks with them, too. The fact that all of them except the Drakon are get 1H1K medals make them so much easier, imagine if they had been head shots. Put on thermal and rapid fire and they get a huge upgrade. Just don't do what I did and diamond out every class except the rocket launchers and stop.

angelic

Banned
Trying the sight challenges now, recon predator challenge, get 10 bloodthirsties with recon...I just got 2 with it and neither counted, I think because I wasnt actually aiming down the sight for all kills, I just had it attached and did some hip fires aswell. These challenges man, they're so fussy.

Ganhyun

probably the worst cod video ever but I dont care, it got me my final bloodthirstes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHtvYf_Ghmo

i may have to try that care package baiting.

I have the P-06 up to where I can get Bloodthirstys and such. Since it was 2XP for weapons, I decided to put it on hold and try to level up the SVG as much as I could (not alot of time with all the issues on XBox Live this weekend) so that its a higher overall level when I get the 100 kills with it and unlock the other challenges.

I'll probably go back to the P-06 now and finish it off.

That will leave me with:

SVG sniper to finish
Rk5 pistol to do (been using it in spurts)
L-CAR 9 pistol (same as RK5)
2 bloodthirstys with the combat knife
Sheiva to finish
M8 to finish

I got my LMGs done really quickly (needed a break from snipers). Hardest one was the dingo for me.

angelic

Banned
Thats strange, the dingo was a joy for me, loved it. Did a bit of weapon levelling too, didnt want any of them sitting on MAX and wasting it, so I prestiged some of them a few times. Got my SVG almost up to full prestige and I hate it, my vesper is almost fully 2 starred just because getting it out of the way on 2 wep xp, its so weird when you're levelling and doing challenges then you roll over prestige and re-lock the lot.

3 kills now and my DM should pop, 3 little itty bitty kills with the SVG. Then im going to move on to sight challenges like recon, varix and stuff, and heroes. But every gun will be all swirly purple now and I can forget head aiming forever.

The irony of course that once the pressure is off and you're just arsing around with guns, you hit all manner of bloodthirsties, streaks, headshots, everything you needed so badly before just comes.

someday

Banned

I just started with side arms and have been playing Hardcore. It's honestly a blast. I'm having more fun in HC than I've had in this game in months. I don't know why I never tried this before. I think I was afraid of just how often I'd die but it isn't really any different. But, I am able to kill a lot easier so it's been good. I golded the MR6 in less than a week (while playing with other guns too) and for me that's amazing. I'm about halfway through headshots on the L-car and RK5.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
600 cryptokeys. No weapons. GG's treyarch.

Did you just do that in one go?

Are the Xbone servers still fucked? I didn't play at all this weekend, but just now I couldn't find a single match outside of Team Deathmatch and Free For All, neither of which I want to play. Kept getting put into lobbies with one other person and just waiting for nobody to join, no matter how many times I tried backing out, eventually I was just getting one bar.

Ganhyun

Are the Xbone servers still fucked? I didn't play at all this weekend, but just now I couldn't find a single match outside of Team Deathmatch and Free For All, neither of which I want to play. Kept getting put into lobbies with one other person and just waiting for nobody to join, no matter how many times I tried backing out, eventually I was just getting one bar.

they had fixed everything by Sunday evening last I knew. I played some last night, but wont get to play again until this evening (US East Coast here) so I can't give any feedback on current state of the Live servers.

Wouldn't surprise me though.

Toa TAK

Banned
That'll be a really long task then. Not too much more difficult aside from solo but just annoying with all the bows and the extremely ridiculous
Keeper Battle

Baaah. Might have to give it a go solo. Connection errors out the wazzoo and the 4th dude didn't show up.

Valkrai

Baaah. Might have to give it a go solo. Connection errors out the wazzoo and the 4th dude didn't show up.

Yeah, I recommend doing it solo personally. While it might be a pain in the ass at times, it's generally easier and saves some time. Especially since you only need to upgrade the bow for the amount of players you have.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Yup. Had them left over from the double keys weekend. Not even a wrench.

angelic

Banned
Hooray

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytkufsyPsg4

9rjR3Z.gif

Ganhyun

Grexeno

Alright gentlemen, please explain to me, as a player who can do well with just about any machine gun or assault rifle, how to play with shotguns and snipers.

Because I can't really wrap my head around them.

Alright gentlemen, please explain to me, as a player who can do well with just about any machine gun or assault rifle, how to play with shotguns and snipers.

Neither can I. All I know about shotguns is hip firing needs to be a priority. Even though I know that I still don't do well with them.

Xclash

can't grow facial hair

You want to be flanking with shotguns and avoiding hot zones on the map unless you can come in from the side. Avoid places where players like to headglitch. Hipfire in the majority of cases unless you are using the Argus. In the case of the Argus, I use Quickdraw, Stock and Fast hands to allow me to ads asap and stay moving while aiming down sight. You have to be on point with your shots since it has a slow fire rate.

I don't know how snipers play on consoles but you can start with the Locus as I find it the best balance of damage and handling. I personally use a elo scope so I have a wider fov but the varix and recon are good too. Learn the medium to long range sightlines and engage there. I would recommend a shock charge to cover an area you aren't looking at and a secondary to switch to when you are caught off guard or in tight areas.

Hope that helped a bit.

M.D

Personal challenge: Stop dragging the gun using the optic when having a gun fight

I would win so many gun fights if it wasn't for that

Top Bottom