• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

G_Berry

Banned
The lag in this game sometimes is fucking appalling.

I'm not talking rubberbanding, I'm talking invincible assholes running round and it's like their whole team is playing hardcore mode but we aren't and we just get instakilled over and over.

Duxxy3

Alright so the hype got to me and I ended up getting the game.

First things first; right off the bat, the campaign is god awful. It is so underwhelmingly bad and cringeworthy; with unlikeable and forgettable main characters.
& the part at the beginning where unmm Taylor (ibelieve) took down a vtol by himself was just laughable.
I expected more, coming from treyarch.

Multiplayer on the other hand is good-to decent. Will certinaly keep me interested in playing till battlefront comes along. Although, I wished that they completely threw away the jet pack/double jumps and stuck with the OG COD maneuverability. Time to kill is still quick and easy, which was expected :(

Now for zombies; Shadows of Evil has got some great lead characters. All of them are genuinly pretty funny...but my god the map is so difficult now. It's definatley the hardest in the series imo. I'm not saying that it is a bad thing, because I like a challenge. I would've prefered to have "the Giant" as the main zombie mode as oppose to this; but activision was being activision and wanted us to pay for the season pass. Yuck.

These are just my first impressions of the game.

Stick with it.

Can someone please tell me how to get Nuketown? Brought the game of the psn store and seem to not have the map.

Should be listed under related items. You have to download it separately. Otherwise, go to the store and I believe it should be listed as an add-on for this game.

aravuus

Swear to god the game keeps putting all the insanely good players in the opposing team 90% of time lol

I agree with him, House of CoDs was a better pun, as it had relevancy to the subject matter. No Country for Old Men has nothing to do with Black ops 3.

It's a decent pun but it's nothing great =/

It made me chuckle, but yeah. It's not the most clevererest thing ever.

There's an annoying glitch in lobbies where sometimes it places more than 12 players in a lobby when you can only have 12, and it's stuck at "Need more players to balance teams" until someone leaves.

Sojgat

Man, the servers are fucked on PS4 for me. I get kicked at the end of every match, and earlier the only item on the main menu was the store, lol.

Game is too good to stop playing though.

Ihyll

Anyone think the Gorgon is going to be one of the first guns to get nerfed? 2 shot kills..I've been constantly going 17-3 or 20-6 with it lol

Alienous

Note about the campaign: you can unlock all missions by selecting one you haven't unlocked in the mission selection menu. There are no penalties, but you will still need to complete each campaign mission for it to count as completed.

So if you find that you don't like the first mission try the second, or maybe the third.

Anyone think the Gorgon is going to be one of the first guns to get nerfed? 2 shot kills..I've been constantly going 17-3 or 20-6 with it lol

The reload is really bad and ads/rate of fire also, thats the down part of that gun. It's a nice gun to set up shop but you cant rush with it at all

Victrix

*beard*
Anyone done the Burnt camo challenge yet? (50 kills with no attachments)

I've played two games with no attachments on my gun, gone 30+ kills with the gun alone and I have zero progress.

Two of the other gold camo unlocks have triggered, so wtf is going on.

addyb

Is it just me that's had no issues with lag or disconnects? UK based and playing on xbox one and I've honestly had 2 disconnects in over 40 games.

Tovarisc

So it's super annoying how going into ADS slows down mouse sensitivity, really messes with me and screws up my target tracking. And there isn't even setting for it in-game or in .ini.

Also is it just me or is it super weird that game doesn't auto-cancel primary fire when you hit hotkey for melee or grenade? Makes using melee in CQB super awkward / useless because you actually have to lift finger from LMB, wait ~second and then hit melee hotkey. This is first FPS that is doing this like this, and this is bad way of doing it because past FPS games have imprinted in your muscle memory that you can just tap melee hotkey for it overwrite primary fire.

Have Treyarch said if they'll release a patch for the PC version that'll fix the performance?

Last night they released patch to address i5 performance.

Yeah connections in this game have been perfect in MP so far. No lag and smooth like silk. Must be on those dedis.

Zombies though has been a bit weird. Sometimes it takes a while to join public games and on some occasions they put more than 4 players in the lobby, leading to the extra players getting kicked when then game starts. Hopefully they fix this in a patch. Not game breaking but is annoying when it happens to you.

DSmalls84

Think I will pass this year and wait for Fallout/Tomb Raider. All of the impressions from you guys were super helpful though. Thanks.

Bishop89

Is it just me that's had no issues with lag or disconnects? UK based and playing on xbox one and I've honestly had 2 disconnects in over 40 games.

im level 24 right now and have had NO disconnects or lag spikes or anything. Smooth experience for me

Ps4
Aus

Plasma

Banned
This is just fucking awful not only is the campaign terrible but I was nearly done with a mission and then my connection dropped and I got booted out to the main menu. Go to resume campaign after connecting online again and it takes me three missions back, I can select the mission I was on but no resume on checkpoint. Who on earth thought this would be a good idea?

Drewfonse

The lag in this game sometimes is fucking appalling.

I'm not talking rubberbanding, I'm talking invincible assholes running round and it's like their whole team is playing hardcore mode but we aren't and we just get instakilled over and over.

I'm getting the same thing. I can't tell if I'm just horrendous or if lag is contributing.

I'm definitely horrendous, but I never used to lose EVERY SINGLE FACE TO FACE ENCOUNTER.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Haven't followed thread, but I imagine others are having similar problems. My first play session went like this:

Campaign: Finding public games glitches out. I search for "current mission", and it goes to a loading screen. Then I'm back into mission selection, and none of the menu prompts can be selected. The game crashes within a few minutes of this. After 10 attempts, managed to join a public co-op game, and after 30 minutes of one of the worst missions I can remember from a COD campaign (the stormy dock and loose ship and over-reliance on Bioshock type upgrades) I get a disconnect message and none of my progress is saved.

Zombies: Search for the game, the lobby fills up with 12 people. Multiple "bruh?" comments. Game spends forever in a loading screen, and I get matched with a single person who quits almost immediately.

Multiplayer: Time for Ground War. But where is it? Oh, tucked away like a sitcom a network wants to cancel. I'll join anyway. A match already in progress? Holy shit it's 8 against 4! Hmm... must not be a popular game mode if there's not enough players to balance. Where is everyone? (In Nuketown, that's where. Smart for a pre-order incentive, but other modes suffering because of it)

All the time I just wanted to switch over to Rocket League. :(

One bright note, like that the most OP gun right now is a LMG.

Can someone confirm the zombies mode for me. I go to it and I see only one map. Is that all there is? I know its a huge map with four famouse voiced characters but I was under the impression you'd had a selection of more than one.

Bishop89

I dont like how the challenges are spread out.

I saw the ones under the 'challenge' tab and thought "This is it? wtf"

Then I just stumbled across ALL those calling card ones in the 'Calling Card' tab.
It lists the ones under the challenge tab, but also a lot more if you keep scrolling down. So stupid to have them in seperate menus

GHG

Gold Member
I'm 2 missions into the campaign and not only am I like "wtf is going on" but the campaign itself is awful. Oh how far we have fallen from All Ghillied Up.

Please tell me it gets better.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
I'm 2 missions into the campaign and not only am I like "wtf is going on" but the campaign itself is awful. Oh how far we have fallen from All Ghillied Up.

Mission 3 is absolute shit. And I crashed at the end, so I have to go through it again.

Plasma

Banned

I'm on mission 7 and no it hasn't got any better.

Top Bottom