• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can - plastic bottle - glass bottle: What tastes the best?

Starfield

Imagine you sitting on a hot summer day outside on your balcony enjoying the heat and sun. However after some time you decide to go inside to grab a drink, maybe an ice-cold cooke. In your fridge you have:

-A can of coke
Coke_12oz.png

-A 1L plastic bottle of coke.

-A 6-pack of coca-cola in glass bottles.

What do you decide to drink? And why?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm glad I'm not the only crazy person.

My wife thinks I'm insane that I can tell the difference between the little bottles of caffeine free Diet Coke versus the cans. The little 12 oz bottles or even the 16.9 fl oz bottles taste less flat to me or something.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
glass>can>>>>bottle is my experience. The first two are very close but plastic bottle is noticeably worse than either.

XOMTOR

For Coke, it's can > glass >>>>>>>>> plastic (yuck). For some strange reason, I feel it's slightly stronger from a can.

For beer, always glass.

I don't drink soda anymore. But when I did, I always like the taste from a can best. Preferred pouring it into a glass with lots of ice though.

Steamlord

I don't think any of them really have much of a taste, but if I had to choose I'd probably eat the plastic bottle since it wouldn't tear up my insides quite as much. Weird question though.

Alphahawk

Plastic. The couple times (maybe once?)I've had glass I couldn't tell the difference. I may be slightly biased as I hate that you have to remove the cap with a special instrument. Like why would that be a thing?

jotun?

I don't know if it's really a taste thing, but a cold glass bottle gives a superior experience

You should add a fourth option for "fountain"

Top Bottom