• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can someone help me get out of this bad sleeping habbit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the past week or so, for some reason I've been staying up till about 9 A.M and sleeping till about 6 P.M. I REALLY need to stop this one way or another. I haven't been up partying or anything of the sort; just playing games - watching TV mostly.

Alcibiades

me too, I have no sleeping patterms, just randomly sleeping when I feel like it...

On friday I went to sleep like at 10 am...

pops619

Just stay up all day and go to sleep early at night. You'll get up at a more reasonable time the next day and your cycle should be back to normal as long as you don't screw it up again. Going without sleep for a day might be tough. Just keep yourself busy and if you have to drink something with caffeine or whatever.

My sleeping schedule is also fucked up. I have a really hard time falling asleep, but when I finally do I sleep like a god damn rock. Once in a while I'll get on a normal sleeping schedule because I have appointments/class etc I can't miss, so I chug through the day like a zombie and pass out at night. A few days after sleeping at normal times it'll be all over the place again.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
My sleep has been messed up for months now.I've been doing the whole fall asleep for a couple of hours and then I wake up for no reason and then I cant get back to sleep.

Bishman

Synbios459 said:
For the past week or so, for some reason I've been staying up till about 9 A.M and sleeping till about 6 P.M. I REALLY need to stop this one way or another. I haven't been up partying or anything of the sort; just playing games - watching TV mostly.

I hate sleeping like that. It feels like the whole day is already over. Just go to sleep like around 2 A.M. - 3 A.M..

White Man

I have a fun-fun-sun sleep schedule. Well, my work schedule for this week should explain everything:

Sunday 3PM - 10 PM
Monday 9PM - 7AM
Tuesday 9PM -7AM
Wednesday 6PM - 9PM
Thursday ---
Friday ---
Saturday 6PM - 2AM

Synbios459 said:

Stay up all day. Go to sleep at night, problem solved. (after being up till 9, don't go to bed.)

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
DeadStar said:
Get a job.

Although it would be a lot more fun to get up at like 6 PM, have fun for a couple hours, then get piss-ass drunk or smoke a bowl at like 8. That should put you to sleep.

Ecrofirt

I've been having that problem for a week or two now as well.

Been going to bed around 7:00AM and waking up at about 3:00PM

golem

pops619 said:
Just stay up all day and go to sleep early at night.

yep best way to do it quickly.. sure to fix your schedule after a weekend of lan parties.. of course, im sure most of you dont really want to sleep normally anywyas ;P

Stay up all night and call up one of your buddies the next day around 11-ish AM and have him keep you up ALL day.

I find that I can manage with no sleep a lot easier around others.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Tre said:
Stay up all night and call up one of your buddies the next day around 11-ish AM and have him keep you up ALL day.

I find that I can manage with no sleep a lot easier around others.
Yup - you're gonna have to stay up all day.
You'll probably feel fine until dinner time...then you're gonna get really sleepy - but keep yourself busy, preferably with some friends.

Of course, if you have no deterence, then you'll probably slip into the cycle again after a few days anyway =/

Pattergen

Tylenol_PM_150CAP_enlarge.jpg

It's your friend.

bjork

I think that people with a "normal" sleeping schedule are in the minority. People with a regular sleep schedule who actually get good rest are even fewer.

Sleep when you're tired, stay up when you're not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom