• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can someone tell me why Ubi killed AC MP mode?

Cyberpunkd

New AC Shadow made me reminiscence on the old ACs. I spent PS3/X360 era playing World of Warcraft almost exclusively, but I remember many hours spent on AC: Brotherhood MP mode. At a time it was incredibly innovative and truly a great idea. Here's an example:

Why TF did Ubisoft kill this mode?

Me looking at any other MP mode in a videogame:

Vomit Barf GIF

Me playing AC MP:

You Are Amazing Love It GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Last edited:

Skyfox

All I can say is that every time I wanted to play a multiplayer assassins creed game, my mates didn’t have the game at the same time or on the same platform.

Cross play and cross saving need to become a thing.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Didn't that game just devolve into sprinting everywhere? It was supposed to be stealth but the meta was speed right?

It never looked appealing when I saw it. Loved Spies vs Mercs stealth multiplayer too.

Last edited:
Yeah, it was supposed to be based on stealth and being sneaky, blending in with the crowd of NPCs. Most of the time it was just people full-on sprinting across rooftops, though.

Last edited:

Audiophile

Never knew (or at least, remembered) Revelations had one but I did play the Brotherhood MP and that was brilliant. Between that and Unity's co-op I'm amazed they didn't try to evolve and grow them.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Yeah, it was supposed to be based on stealth and being sneaky, blending in with the crowd of NPCs. Most of the time it was just people full-on sprinting across rooftops, though.
I never knew that was a thing, probably I was too much of a low tier scrub.

I loved it, when it was played as it should it was such a unique experience, really nothing out there remotely similar to it even to this day. I think the biggest issue was that they had a problem balancing it, if it was a solo match you had people running around, if you had team games then people were spamming abilities and locking you in a loop, smoke/stun/smoke/stun, they just couldn’t figure out how to get all of the systems working properly. I doubt that’s why they abandon it, my guess is that it just wasn’t bringing in the money they wanted.

Zannegan

With AI being better able to adapt to and mimic human inputs, there's no better time than now to bring back Where's Waldo murderfest. Alas, Ubisoft's last gameplay innovation was climbing towers to unlock map markers, and they're going to stick to it, dammit.

Seriously though, singleplayer or multiplayer, if there's one AAAA franchise that stands to benefit from AI-driven NPCs, it's got to Assassin's Creed. Instead, we'll just get AI-designed missions and dialogue, trained on existing Assassin's Creed games, and we won't notice a difference.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I tried it once or twice and liked it because it was different than the norm. I think people just prefer running around in circles shooting each other.

Inspector Q

The only thing I can say is that once they scrapped the PVP MP mode, I made a decision to only get AC games when they hit the bargain bin. That shit pissed me off.

A cool and unique MP mode with some awesome character designs based on each game's time period. Freaking still pisses me off it's gone...

Top Bottom