• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Renewed

Just got the call from EB. Goodbye Robin and Lucina. Gonna hold on to hope that my Amazon orders are good. Also, 20% off an amiibo means I can finally get a common for once.

Chatin

Bought an adapter at Edmonton City Centre EB just before close. They had three left after my purchase. Seemed surprised I knew they got some in. "We're being watched."

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just got off the phone with a DM and the same thing was said to me. Also, she said that they will try to communicate to the stores to allow the 20% off one amiibo to be applied to a future amiibo preorder.
If they're not doing preorders, how would you apply the discount?

Also, what a mess. I really blame Nintendo for all of this.

mdubs

Banned
If they're not doing preorders, how would you apply the discount?

Also, what a mess. I really blame Nintendo for all of this.

Applied to preorders already made.

I don't understand how you can blame Nintendo for EBGames letting the preorders run out of control over the course of two days and having to cancel like above 90% of the Robin/Lucina preorders

Applied to preorders already made.

I don't understand how you can blame Nintendo for EBGames letting the preorders run out of control over the course of two days and having to cancel like above 90% of the Robin/Lucina preorders

Sending 0-4 lucina/robins per store didnt help either....the fact that even the first/second people to pre-order might not even get them is kinda absurd....

amiiboCanadaGAF DAILY UPDATE

Updated and All Links Last Tested: 10:01am EST - Wednesday April 15, 2015

LIST OF REMAINING CANADIAN WAVE 4+SPLATOON OPPORTUNITIES

AMAZON CANADA - ONLY INKLING BOY LEFT
-Splatoon Inkling Boy is still available for preorder (Splatoon 3 Pack, Inkling Girl and all of Wave 4 NOW SOLD OUT)
-Inkling Boy: http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00VHWMKEY/
-Possible restocks closer to launch (unlikely)

WAL-MART
-In store on launch day
-Online preorders (or launch day/week only)
-Rumoured retailer for Jigglypuff exclusive in Canada (Picture of it in Wal-Mart in-store inventory: http://imgur.com/L4XGNGB - use this to check you local stores closer to May 29th)

VIDEOGAMESPLUS.CA- PLACEHOLDERS LIVE
-Online preorders
-Wave 4 Placeholders - https://www.videogamesplus.ca/others-amiibo-c-45_724.html
-Wave 5/6 Placeholders - https://www.videogamesplus.ca/products_new.php

THE SOURCE
-In store on launch day (very hit or miss)
-Online preorders (or launch day/week only - hit or miss as well)

BEST BUY - PLACEHOLDERS LIVE
-Online preorders - PLACEHOLDERS LIVE - http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...ww.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/category...7c313de81een01
-In store on launch day

TOYS R US - GRENINJA PLACEHOLDER LIVE
-In store on launch day
-Online on launch day/week
-GRENINJA PLACEHOLDER PAGE - http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=62616606

CHAPTERS
-Online stock (launch week/day) - likely all commons

ARCHAMBAULT.CA
-Online preorders launch day/week

Please quote and add more! For hope!

I edited this with people's suggestions. I added day/launch week TRU online sales, removed EB Games entirely and added Chapters and archambault.ca

Given the recent and incoming cancellations don't lose hope!!! Those are the many opportunities left for Wave 4 and Splatoon.

amiiboCanadaGAF - JOIN US FOR LINE CHAT AND ALERTS

I've put together LINE chat and alert groups. Send me a PM if you want to join! Just include your LINE handle. Please make sure you are sending me your actual username and not your public screenname/handle (I can't find you using that name). Some have sent only the public name and I've let those people know.

It is a great chat service. Alerts help a lot when being away. So you would get an alert for Best Buy preorders for instance, as a text message. I never used it myself before amiibo and now I love it. You will love stickers. Trust me. There is a chat group and an alert group. Feel free to post preorders and restocks in the alerts and keep all regular discussion in the chat. Usually you turn notifications off on the chat and leave it on for the alerts. So when you get a LINE notification you know it's for a preorder and such!

Lets all help keep each other alerted! All are welcome to post alerts in the alert group! Keep chat in the chat group and the alert group is alert posts only.

Google LINE for all the details. Available on pretty much anything, mobile being the focus for on the go alerts.

I've caught up on all requests from PMs as of this morning.

CURRENT ALERTS

PLAYASIA RESTOCKS AND WAVE 4
Ships to Canada, Japanese versions. Average $30 CAN per amiibo plus shipping
Restocks
Marth - SOLD OUT
Shulk - SOLD OUT
Lucario - http://www.play-asia.com/amiibo-sup...ure-lucario-re-run-paOS-13-49-en-70-8pzj.html
Ike - http://www.play-asia.com/amiibo-super-smash-bros-series-figure-ike-re-run-paOS-13-49-en-70-8pzh.html
Fox - http://www.play-asia.com/amiibo-super-smash-bros-series-figure-fox-re-run-paOS-13-49-en-70-8pyr.html
Wave 4
Pac Man - SOLD OUT
Wario - http://www.play-asia.com/amiibo-sup...igure-wario-re-run-paOS-13-49-en-70-8pzx.html
Charizard - SOLD OUT

YESASIA - ALL OF WAVE 4 STILL AVAILABLE AND WAVE 3 UNICORNS
Ships to NA. $25 CAN per amiibo, free shipping if you purchase 2 or more. Japanese versions, shipping in July.
http://www.yesasia.com/us/search/amiibo/0-0-0-q.amiibo_bpt.48-en/list.html

GOLD MARIO
Online sales were popping up all weekend, no live ones currently but keep an eye here or on LINE alerts. If looking in store EB Games and Toys R Us had them available in store. TRU received many more, so that would be the best option at this point if there are any left.

GAMECUBE CONTROLLER WII U ADAPTERS
They have been appearing in stores at EB Games throughout Canada with many people here getting them in store over the past few days. Go take a look!

Thanks to all the great alerters here and let's hope for new opportunities this week!

espher

Still cautiously optimistic I can get a Wave 4 pre-order somewhere, but I'm really sour about the exclusive situation again. They're gonna be a mess to get. At least I'm not stressed anymore lol.

Still cautiously optimistic I can get a Wave 4 pre-order somewhere, but I'm really sour about the exclusive situation again. They're gonna be a mess to get. At least I'm not stressed anymore lol.

Many opportunities still exist, as listed in the daily update above.

All of Wave 4 can be imported via YesAsia right now as well (no Jiggly or Greninja)

TheExodu5

Banned
Gold Marios are going pretty cheap on Kijiji. There are some for $25-30 in Ottawa.

I'm looking to get a Pac Man amiibo. What's my best bet?

mdubs

Banned
Sending 0-4 lucina/robins per store didnt help either....the fact that even the first/second people to pre-order might not even get them is kinda absurd....

That still has nothing to do with EB failing to control their preorders. SHOCKER: amiibos are not supplied well, it's not like it was unforeseeable that they wouldn't be able to cover 2 days worth of preorders. EB games dropped the ball here and it has nothing to do with Nintendo this time

Yeah that's INSANE. And yet those people handed over their money for EB games to use in the meantime. Had they known ahead of time that particular store wouldn't have any, they wouldn't have even showed up there and might have had a chance to get an order somewhere else. It's just SO messed up.

Yeah that's INSANE. And yet those people handed over their money for EB games to use in the meantime. Had they known ahead of time that particular store wouldn't have any, they wouldn't have even showed up there and might have had a chance to get an order somewhere else. It's just SO messed up.

It was really poor timing since Amazon Canada pre-orders went up on the Monday right after the Friday/Saturday that in-store pre-orders went live for EB Games.

So many thought their pre-orders were safe since they had just pre-ordered and the mass cancellations did not start yet. So many skipped out on Amazon Canada.

That still has nothing to do with EB failing to control their preorders. SHOCKER: amiibos are not supplied well, it's not like it was unforeseeable that they wouldn't be able to cover 2 days worth of preorders. EB games dropped the ball here and it has nothing to do with Nintendo this time

Yeah, your right, ebgames did mess up with allowing so much pre-orders, with the amount of stock they were getting for some figures, pre-orders shouldn't have been considered in the first place.....guess thats what happens when upper management goes on holidays.

Kilvin

waves 1-3 went OK tho. well, OK as it could have been. they fuck up after one wave and call it quits?

Honestly there were rumours of them not taking preorders for wave 4 and as you can see they did do them (even though it turned into a mess.)

At this point when it comes to amiibos I'll believe it when I see it. Like all super popular things, rumours swirl fast and furious.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
So is Ness gone for good in NA if I didn't pre-order in store...? I kept hoping it would come back online, but it looks unlikely now...

Goddamnit, collecting amiibos on a budget is so frustrating.

So is Ness gone for good in NA if I didn't pre-order in store...? I kept hoping it would come back online, but it looks unlikely now...

Pretty much. Gamestop USA and EB Games Canada won't be taking any more pre-orders for any Wave 4 or Splatoon.

The only chance is possible stock put up online on launch day/week. But given the circumstances on how pre-orders were mishandled I doubt it.

If those rumors about Roy and Ryu coming to smash ends up being true, I can't wait to see how impossible it will be to get a Roy amiibo...

explodet

6ae.png

espher

Many opportunities still exist, as listed in the daily update above.

All of Wave 4 can be imported via YesAsia right now as well (no Jiggly or Greninja)

Yeah, I'm not paying $26 per amiibo + whatever my bank charges + duty/taxes. I got off the wild part of the wild ride with the end of Wave 3.

I'll take my chances on reprints, and sniping the odd NA pre-order (I got my Pac-Man/Splatoon stuff w/ dupes), and maybe import the rare view I want to have opened copies of and can't get dupes of (like I did with Villager).

Edit: re: Gold Mario, I got mine on Monday, arrived in fantastic shape.

Yeah, I'm not paying $26 per amiibo + whatever my bank charges + duty/taxes. I got off the wild part of the wild ride with the end of Wave 3.

I'll take my chances on reprints, and sniping the odd NA pre-order (I got my Pac-Man/Splatoon stuff w/ dupes), and maybe import the rare view I want to have opened copies of and can't get dupes of (like I did with Villager).

Edit: re: Gold Mario, I got mine on Monday, arrived in fantastic shape.

Just giving options my friend!

i-Jest

Look forward to that Lucas Amiibo or not since there's a very good chance it will be highly sought after.

Well, I got the call.

The manager said that her store got five Robin/Lucina and that I didn't make the cut.

The thing is... I'm convinced I was the fifth person in line. I brought this to her attention and asked how close I was to making the cut. She said she didn't have that info at the moment... which is dubious.

I asked her ... A) Did any pre-orders go to employees? B) Did you fulfill orders alphabetically or in the actual order they were placed?

She said all employee orders were the first to be canceled and that the orders were fulfilled in the order they were placed. She said that head office is working on some kind of compensation discount.

I asked if I would "keep my place in line" if I kept my order open (in case they receive extra stock), but she wouldn't guarantee anything. ("We try to do this, but can't make any promises"). Really?? How hard is it to keep a priority list based on when an order was placed? I'm going to keep my order open in case more are shipped, but based on this reply, I'm not keeping my hopes up.

I thanked her for the information, but said I wasn't happy that she couldn't tell me what number in line I was. I told her I would call back on Wednesday and that I would expect her to have this information by then, otherwise I will escalate.

Ugh. Save us BB.

Follow up: the manager at my EB called and said I was the first in line on the "waiting list" - she said she had to cancel my order, but that she kept a list of who originally placed orders and in what sequence. She said if they got any extra Rob/Luc, that they would call me... Hmmm....

Toshin

I might be in the same situation currently as wagon but i'm unsure

I got in with lots of time thrus night before 8 est on walmart.ca
got the confirm email
checked bank/cc monday saw something for total from walmart figured everything good
called yesurday to just make sure, rep said it was coming still
checked bank acct again so i could pay it...noticed the amount was gone....
should I call back again to recheck? I didn't get any sort of cancellation mail or anything or this a normal walmart thing to those who got theres already ( lucky you btw :)

Top Bottom