• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Heads up, EB seems to have GC adapters in store, as well as a few Villager, Trainer and Pit. Store I go to had 1 of each amiibo.

ZisNkkL.jpg

I'm speechless...

WOW, that totally worked out well for you! Where'd you nab that?

And welcome back. Enjoy the onslaught. :p

Honestly don't recall the name of the place but it was off the main road in Akihabara. Not too far from Super Potato.

And thank you!

Oowww a Villager. I imagine it wasn't difficult to find that. Welcome home. I pray you make in time for Bestbuy wave 4 preorders.

It was the only Villager I found. I scoured the place for amiibos and saw mostly Mario, Peach, and Toad. I was quite surprised!

And thanks!

Canon

Banned
I called EB Games to change my number because it's wrong on the receipt and they said they couldn't and made it a big deal.

I said again I only want to change the number that's on my Edge card and I've done it before on the phone with no problem but apparently because of "amiibo" she can't.

The only fucking reason I would need that number is to find out if you asshats cancelled one of my orders. She says the only way to change it is to go in-store and cancel the order and then re-do it, but fuck that. You can't re-do it.

My number appeared to be correct on other pre-orders but for some reason this one had my old one printed on the receipt.

Zing

Banned
I was mistaken. I just bought two adapters from the Aurora store. There are at least two left.

Thanks for the heads up.

Now I need controllers!

Well fuck. Robin and Lucina hammer just dropped. Rest of my preorders are safe though.

If any kind amiibogafer would consider trading for a gold Mario, Splatoon pack or selling an extra of each at cost, me love you long time.

Well fuck. Robin and Lucina hammer just dropped. Rest of my preorders are safe though.

If any kind amiibogafer would consider trading for a gold Mario, Splatoon pack or selling an extra of each at cost, me love you long time.

I think most people are in the same boat as you :\. You still have a chance with Best Buy/Toys'r'us/Wal-mart; see Byron's (awesome) daily update!

I think most people are in the same boat as you :\. You still have a chance with Best Buy/Toys'r'us/Wal-mart; see Byron's (awesome) daily update!

Right here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=160070350&postcount=8442

Many opportunities to come, plus you can import those 2 right now if you wish!

When the Gold and Silver Mario CPSIAs were accidentally posted on that part of their site they were both taken down quickly.

Gold Mario was put back up when it was announced and Silver Mario won't be put back up until he is officially announced as well.

Still curious to know who's getting it. All these exclusives and STILL nothing heading Amazon's way.

i-Jest

Heads up, EB seems to have GC adapters in store, as well as a few Villager, Trainer and Pit. Store I go to had 1 of each amiibo.

ZisNkkL.jpg

Ike, Meta Knight and Marth - March 2015 Production Runs Confirmed for NA

This means Ike, Meta Knight and Marth are coming back soon!

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/32ldni/new_cpsias_for_ike_marth_meta_knight_and_some/

Are these all early signs of Nintendo FINALLY getting its act together? I hope so. Scalpers have had their way far to long.

hupla

Finally went down to my EB to check my preorders and they're all safe, put an extra 5 down on each. No villagers or WFT tho lol

JazzmanZ

oh dear this thread got moved and I didn't realize, guess I'll have to make sure to come here more often now so I don't miss anything :U

mdubs

Banned

jitterbug

Neo Member
EB Games Canada to no longer take preorders in store for future amiibo releases

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/32lzxg/eb_games_canada_no_longer_taking_preorders_for/

Not official but I bet it will be true given the recent fiasco.

Kind of funny. They obviously got store allocation numbers confirmed way before relase. They could have just waited to take pre-orders instead of doing it during the long weekend. Going in to pre-order and being told they are sold out is not as bad in terms of public perception, as having your pre-order taken and then cancelled a week or more later. Must be frustrating for everyone affected. Especially considering this is not the initial release of amiibos. I guess it was fortunate I was out of town for the weekend and didn't have to deal with this. I feel for all you guys that were affected.

Harusame

Went back to my ebgames store again today, to see if they received a shipment. They did receive three gamecube adapters and I bought one. They didn't receive any special amiibos though. With that said though, I now have three adapters...

Top Bottom