• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Oh we're posting E3 games.....let's see what I have left

Second Son
Watch Dogs
Smash Bros 3ds
Destiny
The Order
UFC
Star Wars Battlefront
The Division
MGS 5
Final Fantasy 15

Oh and I pre-ordered MLB 14 The Show a week before the price went up to 70.....

Hopefully there are deals this E3.....even if it's 50 bucks instead of 40 =/

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't preorder anything last E3 :(

I assumed you were charged right away, I wish I paid more attention.

zroid

Banned
not gaming but Game of Thrones 1-3 Blu ray set exists? only UK though? :(

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Game-of-Thro...?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item417cbbd13a

Noticed a seasons 1+2 pack showing up on amazon.ca as a UK import last year, so this doesn't surprise me...

Right now I'm biting my lip because I know there's going to be some spectacular complete series package available a few years from now and I'll definitely regret picking up the seasons individually when that happens.

Noticed a seasons 1+2 pack showing up on amazon.ca as a UK import last year, so this doesn't surprise me...

Right now I'm biting my lip because I know there's going to be some spectacular complete series package available a few years from now and I'll definitely regret picking up the seasons individually when that happens.

I'd maybe buy some digital codes to watch the thing until the enormous complete collection is out then you can buy, that's what I'm planning to do.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Did none of you people pre-order Dark Souls 2?

I only have 2 E3 orders left and after Dark Souls next week it'll just be Watch Dogs. Didn't order anything for consoles which narrowed my options somewhat.

Sora_N

My E3 stuff:
Metal Gear Solid V (PS3)
Final Fantasy X/X2 Limited Edition (PS3)
Final Fantasy XV (PS4)
Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)
Super Smash (3DS)

I think that's it. I still have a copy of Smash for $24.99 from Best Buy from 2012 lol.

Regarding E3 preorders I have almost all PS4 games that was announced back then, plus a few PS3 titles like Puppeteer and KH 1.5, what's left is pretty much all PS4 games coming this year, didn't put any handheld preorders though, something I regret anyway :(

Anth0ny

I only have 2 E3 orders left and after Dark Souls next week it'll just be Watch Dogs. Didn't order anything for consoles which narrowed my options somewhat.

The only reason I didn't pre-order Dark Souls 2 is because I was expecting the PC version (you know, the LEAD VERSION OF THE GAME, as the director keeps saying) to be out the same day as the console versions. I was expecting to buy that shit at midnight on launch day.

If only I knew better... now I'm spending $59.99 on day one like a sucker. Oh well, it's Dark Souls. If any game is worth the full $60, it's fucking Dark Souls.

DJ_Lae

Yeah, I was going to wait for the PC version too.

Well, still am. No way am I going to pay for the console version given the performance of certain parts of Dark Souls.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
The only reason I didn't pre-order Dark Souls 2 is because I was expecting the PC version (you know, the LEAD VERSION OF THE GAME, as the director keeps saying) to be out the same day as the console versions. I was expecting to buy that shit at midnight on launch day.

If only I knew better... now I'm spending $59.99 on day one like a sucker. Oh well, it's Dark Souls. If any game is worth the full $60, it's fucking Dark Souls.

I may or may not have a $40 PS3 version. Originally had the PC version ordered, but they dropped that one. Tried to get it swapped with the PS3 version afterwards but they told me to place a new order and they would apply the discount after. My order page still lists it at $67 though so we'll see what happens when they charge me.

Oddly enough they never properly cancelled my Dark Souls 2 PC order because when I placed the order it was mislabelled as Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition. Wonder what will happen with that.

H8GYZoy.jpg

I've got the following (PS4) games preordered at Futureshop from the E3 sale:

InFamous: Second Son
The Division
Destiny
Mirror's Edge 2
Watch Dogs Day 1 Edition
Star Wars Battlefront
The Order 1886

Dumb thing is I think I'm going all digital this gen, so I'm debating just cancelling the games, or receiving them and reselling them for $60 brand new. Not sure if it's worth the hassle.

Bonus Futureshop preorder:
The Last Guardian PS3 :(

i-Jest

I for one will take this freemium deal.http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/03/05/sony-gives-away-resident-evil-plus-ps4-warframe-blacklight-dlc-via-ps-home/77130/

Sony has a history of giving away PS1 games on PS Home and in the second Quest For Greatness, they’re continuing it. Shortly after the PS4′s launch, they reminded everyone that the PS3 existed by giving away Destruction Derby, Twisted Metal and Warhawk in a little scavenger hunt via PS Home. Now, they’re giving away Resident Evil 1: Director’s cut and some Warframe and Blacklight Retribution DLC in a quest via PS Home. Both of the latter games are free-to-play on the PS4, so they’re once again encouraging people to use all of the Sony consoles they own. These little quests are short, easy to do, and you can’t go wrong with a free game.

Darksouls 2 collectors edition guide for 23.19 on Amazon. http://www.amazon.ca/Dark-Souls-Ii-Collectors-Guide/dp/0744015472/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394107699&sr=8-1&keywords=Dark+Souls+II+Collector%27s+Edition+Strategy+Guide

Sweet Ivy

Well, I didn't know about this E3 deals, how do they work exactly?
- Can you order online?
- Do you need to pay up-front or just have a card registered or what?

Dumb thing is I think I'm going all digital this gen, so I'm debating just cancelling the games, or receiving them and reselling them for $60 brand new. Not sure if it's worth the hassle.

Bonus Futureshop preorder:
The Last Guardian PS3 :(
And, actually, if anyone has PS4 (mostly) pre-orders from last year they no longer want, maybe we could make a deal.

Does anyone know how much is shipping a game within Canada?

mdubs

Banned
Well, I didn't know about this E3 deals, how do they work exactly?
- Can you order online?

And, actually, if anyone has PS4 (mostly) pre-orders from last year they no longer want, maybe we could make a deal.

Does anyone know how much is shipping a game within Canada?

Yes, the idea is Future Shop puts up all the games shown at E3 for preorder. If you order more than 3 you get 33% off each game. Shipping is free and your card is charged when each item ships

Omlagus

Yay new thread! Subscribing. Love the title!

Hoping for some great deals to get us through these dark times. Otherwise I think I will just start going through my backlog instead. $69.99 + tax can fuck right off.

Ondore

You have to have a card to complete the order, but I did six orders so I could pay them off with gift cards (since my debit card doesn't work on Futureshop) and nothing gets charged until it ships.

I still have the following left:

- Yoshi's New Island
- FFX/X2 PS3 version
- Mario Kart 8
- Bayonetta 2
- Smash Bros WiiU/3DS
- X
- SMT x FE

I'll be paying off YNI and MK8 today.

LkPr

wow I can't believe I missed getting Infamous from the PS store @ 59.99. Saw it last week and thought i'd wait until I got paid this week before pre-ordering. Game is now up to $69.99.

Looks like no Infamous for me at launch :(

Roto13

I have $60 set aside for Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD ($40) and Ground Zeroes ($20) on PSN and now I have the sinking feeling that one or both of them are going to get price bumps.

Second Son has destroyed my confidence.

I'm still waiting for my South Park special edition from future shop. It's really annoying, since I live in Vancouver and I usually get preorders on day one. The website is being as useless as ever with order updates.

joecanada

Target clearance prices and deals are amazing (and we got the Buy 2 get 1 for free back in november)

Futureshop's E3 deal was great too

FS also had that trade any game in for next gen games, i traded socom conf and Madden 08 or something for COD and BF...
then sold cod

krae_man

I cross the border once a month or two to shop and fill up on gas, the border guards can't be bothered. They ask you how much you spent, and if it's a few hundred dollars you just go right on through. Could differ elsewhere I suppose, but here in the west coast about half the cars you see on the way to Seatle drive with BC license plates.

Handling fee is what shipping companies charge you for dealing with dutiable items for you.

A Canadian border shopping is not the same thing as an American bringing a gift when he visits Canada. "The border agents don't care" is irrelevant. His friend might get one who does. What he needs to know is "what fees are supposed to be applicable" so there's no surprises if he's unlucky and doesn't sneak through without paying anything.

22+ E3 preorders left, bring it on money-hungry big box retail. Mwhahaha.

Nice!
I think FS's pre-orders will skyrocket this year, assuming they have some sort of deal. Can't believe I was dumb enough to ignore it last year, you don't even pay till it ships! I'm just gonna pre-order every PS4 game available just to be safe!

Here's a question about strategy: Do you pre-order each game in a seperate order? Or just all in one big one? I'd be worried if you did it all in one and then cancelled one of the pre-orders it might cancel the whole order.

krae_man

I still can't believe Futureshop upgraded us $45 purchasers to the Grand Wizard edition for free.

This thing is huge:

5Cny7a5.jpg

Fortunately there aren't too many new releases I'm interested in the next few months, so the current price hike won't have an effect on me. I travel monthly to the US, so I'll pick up Mario Kart there at $60. Hopefully come fall, games will be back down to $60.

explodet

Watch Dogs' release date was recently leaked.

The price is up to $70 on FS/BB for the PS4/Xbone, and $60 for the WiiU/360/PS3.
On Amazon.ca, the WiiU/360/PS3 versions are $55, the PS4 is $60, and go figure, the Xbone version is $55.

Murmur

wow I can't believe I missed getting Infamous from the PS store @ 59.99. Saw it last week and thought i'd wait until I got paid this week before pre-ordering. Game is now up to $69.99.

Looks like no Infamous for me at launch :(

Oh man I hoped you were lying. I've been dragging my feet too and assumed it wasn't going to change from $59.

Uuuuuuugh. :(

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Here's a question about strategy: Do you pre-order each game in a separate order? Or just all in one big one? I'd be worried if you did it all in one and then cancelled one of the pre-orders it might cancel the whole order.
I broke up my orders into groups of 3 (IIRC that was the minimum order amount) but it doesn't matter because you can't cancel a game in an order once one of the other games has shipped without calling them. I just wait until they ship the game I no longer want and return it to the store for a refund or sell it to a fellow Toronto GAFer for the sale price.

i-Jest

Oh man I hoped you were lying. I've been dragging my feet too and assumed it wasn't going to change from $59.

Uuuuuuugh. :(

It's bin mentioned already but Shop.ca is still selling them for $59.99. Add the discount (SHOP10?) and get it for $60.

Astra

I pre-ordered.
After Dark Souls, all that's left for me is "Xenoblade 2" and SMTxFE.

Dazzler

Regarding border agents, they can be real sticklers sometimes for paying taxes on things

I did a hop to Bellingham to renew a work permit in Summer 2012 and bought a 12 pack of Miller High Life for like 8/9 bucks. They made me pay $12 CAD in taxes on them. So 150% of the cost of the booze

ridiculous

Roto13

Regarding border agents, they can be real sticklers sometimes for paying taxes on things

I did a hop to Bellingham to renew a work permit in Summer 2012 and bought a 12 pack of Miller High Life for like 8/9 bucks. They made me pay $12 CAD in taxes on them. So 150% of the cost of the booze

ridiculous

This is what concerns me. I'm not interested in paying 150% of $500. That is not a good deal. :p

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

ridiculous
I remember being a kid and my uncle bought a bottle of Brandy in the US. When he got to the border they wanted him to pay more for taxes than what he paid for the bottle like they did with you. He decided to pick up the bottle to "think it over" then promptly dropped it to the floor making a huge mess. He's lucky he wasn't arrested. :lol

Vamphuntr

My Staples (Or more accurately Bureau En Gros) has both Pokémon games in stock according to the store locator. Hmm wonder if I should bite.

Top Bottom