• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Candidate running on platform that transgender people are rapists denounces bigotry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...inst-trump-we-are-not-a-bigoted-angry-people/

I trust the good people of Indiana to differentiate," Cruz said. "We are not a country built on hatred. We are not a country built on anger, built on pettiness. We are not a country built on bullying. We are not a country about selfishness. No country in the world has spilled more blood saving the lives of others than America. We are not a petty, bigoted, angry people. That is not America."

Ted Cruz's main foreign policy adviser called Obama a Muslim, Cruz started off his Senate career by praising white supremacist Jesse Helms, everyone has seen the video of the kill the gays preacher. Cruz has endorsed carpet bombing, monitoring Muslim neighborhoods, deporting 11 million people, building a wall across the Mexican border. And Cruz finished his presidential run by shouting that transgender people should not be allowed to use public bathrooms.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I am still more concerned about Cruz than about Trump. With Trump there is at least always the possibility that he is just talking out of his ass and not really meaning most of the stuff he says. With Cruz you can be certain that he is a career Machiavellian with some insane core beliefs.

I am still more concerned about Cruz than about Trump. With Trump there is at least always the possibility that he is just talking out of his ass and not really meaning most of the stuff he says. With Cruz you can be certain that he is a career Machiavellian with some insane core beliefs.

Don't worry. Trump will be the nominee.

"We are not a country built on hatred. We are not a country built on anger, built on pettiness. We are not a country built on bullying. We are not a country about selfishness. No country in the world has spilled more blood saving the lives of others than America. We are not a petty, bigoted, angry people. That is not America."

Local Politician Wins "Most Untrue Quote Ever Spoken" Award

Choosing between Trump and Cruz is like choosing between dying in my sleep or dying burned at the stake, respectively. I'd rather avoid both but if I had to choose there's clearly one less worse than the other.

When Trump wins Indiana tomorrow do you think the GOP will admit defeat? Or are Cruz and Kasich going to fight til the end like Bernie?

When Trump wins Indiana tomorrow do you think the GOP will admit defeat? Or are Cruz and Kasich going to fight til the end like Bernie?

Kasich has had no business being in the race for a long time, so I don't see him facing reality now. Cruz is only in it for himself and I don't see him dropping out either.

Cruz is actually a scarier option that trump. Trump seems to be an idiot who is loving the attention and saying what he wants to get a rise but cruz seems to be genuine with the remarks he and his party make.

ApharmdX

Banned

I would think they will drop out, in a sane world. Bernie will probably influence the Dems platform moving forward, so it makes some sense for him to stay in as long as he can afford it. Trump isn't going to be influenced by Cruz or Kasich. edit: we don't live in a sane world, so they'll stay in to the bitter end.

Maybe my education of American history is different from reality, but I was under the impression that America was built precisely on all of those things.

Not sure how modern day Republicans can still get away with "Hey guys, remember the 18th century? That was the shit, wasn't it?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom