• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announces The Disney Afternoon Collection for PS, XB1 and PC [Port beg = ban]

Err... yes there is. It was done by Virgin (same as the Mega Drive version).

20975_front.jpg

Welp. I stand corrected. Interestingly, the video above is based on the SNES version and not the Sega version.

entremet

If this sells well hopefully there's a chance we may get a second collection of:
Bonkers
Goof Troop
Aladdin
Lion King
Mickey's Magical Quest
Mickey's Magical Quest 2

I'd say Mickey Mania as well but I don't think that was Capcom, was it? What other Disney games were on the SNES? I know Magical Quest had a third Japam-only game.
Lion King ain't Capcom.

tebunker

Banned
I am interested in this collection for sure, but Little Nemo is still sitting in purgatory and honestly that was one of the best Purple Box era Capcom titles ever.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
If this sells well hopefully there's a chance we may get a second collection of:
Bonkers
Goof Troop
Aladdin
Lion King
Mickey's Magical Quest
Mickey's Magical Quest 2

I'd say Mickey Mania as well but I don't think that was Capcom, was it? What other Disney games were on the SNES? I know Magical Quest had a third Japam-only game.

Lion King wasn't a Capcom game, so you can count that out.

People expect too much for these older games to keep on being brought back when ever new tech arrives. Like I commented to someone else, I vastly prefer a Duck Tales Remastered level of effort put into these games coming back instead of their original states. Modern gamers would be much more interested in them if they had extra effort put into their return.

It's not about catering to modern gamers, it's about maintaining access to the medium's heritage. And preservation is the main goal of Frank Cifaldi, the head of this project.

Santiako

Great NES games yes, but if you truly want these titles to return and be accepted by modern gamers, giving them a chance to come back as more modern updated titles or even preferably newer titles would be far more beneficial.
Nostalgia will be good for a few, but we need Disney games to come back for the masses, back when these games were at the top with other AAA titles.

I don't care if "modern gamers" want to accept these games or not. All attemps at remaking or updating (like the terrible Duck Tales) these titles to "modern standards" results in worse games, so I'm all for re releasing these great games with some neat adds (boss rush, etc).

Piccoro

Don't know if it was already asked, but which of these games support 2-player co-op?

I guess just the two Chip and Dale games?

I am interested in this collection for sure, but Little Nemo is still sitting in purgatory and honestly that was one of the best Purple Box era Capcom titles ever.
Yeah, that is better than all these games, probably one of my Top 5 NES games. At least I have the cart when I feel like dragging out the NES.

Welp. I stand corrected. Interestingly, the video above is based on the SNES version and not the Sega version.
Yeah, from what I recall the Amiga version was based on the Mega Drive one, but the NES and Gameboy versions were kinda different (never played the SNES one so I dunno how it compares). I swear that there was a Gameboy Color version many years later as well.

nah, Virgin's one is a different game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6at99d4aH0
We're talking about near flawless NES pirate port of Capcom's Aladdin.
Huh, interesting. Pirates have certainly made some very odd ports to the NES over the years - often to the point that they seem like too much effort just to be a cashgrab.

People expect too much for these older games to keep on being brought back when ever new tech arrives. Like I commented to someone else, I vastly prefer a Duck Tales Remastered level of effort put into these games coming back instead of their original states. Modern gamers would be much more interested in them if they had extra effort put into their return.

This isn't really being aimed at "modern gamers" (which I assume means a player who didn't experience these games when they originally released). That being said, these are some of the most accessible NES games released.

Aladdin NES is definitely a legitimate release. The GBC version is a port of that version (Which itself was based of the Genesis version) while the GBA port was based on the SNES version, but had new levels added.

Richie

Rewind feature ALONE makes this a must have. Such a godsend for old school games, fell in love with it ever since trying it in Rare Replay. Should be a system wide feature for BC services across all platforms.

I'll definitely own this down the line.

Robin64

Don't know if it was already asked, but which of these games support 2-player co-op?

I guess just the two Chip and Dale games?

Aye.

It's a shame that they couldn't include the 2-player co-op Duck Tales ROM hack, where player 2 plays as Darkwing.

Awesome! But I'll be playing the Dragon's Trap remake on that day.

It's a shame they're both on the same date. >_< As much as fricking love the Duck Tales games, Disney can wait.

Really excited to play through some of these again. Haven't played chip n dale since I was a kid spending weekends with my cousin to play through it. I hope this does well so we can get an SNES collection.

If we do get SNES games, I wonder if it follow a theme. They could do movies like Aladdin, Lion King, Jungle Book, etc. But then I'd also want to see Mickey Mania and Goof Troop...

Aladdin NES is definitely a legitimate release. The GBC version is a port of that version (Which itself was based of the Genesis version) while the GBA port was based on the SNES version, but had new levels added.
There's a legit one and a pirate one. The legit one is based on Virgin's Genesis/MD version (as you said), and the bootleg version is apparently a really solid port of Capcom's SNES game.

woopWOOP

It's no Disney Afternoon Remastered, but sure that's a pretty awesome package. Just Ducktales 2 and Darkwing Duck makes this worthwhile for me.

Weird there's no Nintendo release tho considering they're all NES games.

Everyone still missing the page 6 mod post about getting banned if you mention a certain portable home console? Might want to edit your posts, folks...

Zia

I remember reading that the Megaman Legacy Collection had some issues when it launched. Did they ever patch it?

The PC version is just about perfect (there are still claims of input lag but I did a side-by-side comparison and didn't notice such a thing) but apparently the 3DS version is kind of shit.

Piccoro

Aye.

It's a shame that they couldn't include the 2-player co-op Duck Tales ROM hack, where player 2 plays as Darkwing.

OK, thanks.

I doubt that they will include online multiplayer for just two games, but at least we can use 2-player SharePlay on PS4.

I remember reading that the Megaman Legacy Collection had some issues when it launched. Did they ever patch it?

Not only did they patch all major issues, they went as far as adding the Japanese roms of all 6 games on the latest patch.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Everyone still missing the page 6 mod post about getting banned if you mention a certain portable home console? Might want to edit your posts, folks...

I've also added the relevant warnings to the OP and even edited the thread title to let people know.

Dizzy-4U

The PC version is just about perfect (there are still claims of input lag but I did a side-by-side comparison and didn't notice such a thing) but apparently the 3DS version is kind of shit.
Yeah. Some of the sound issues still persist on PS4, though. I've heard it's not as bad on XB1.
Oh, that's fine then. Hope they can pull it off nicely.

Not only did they patch all major issues, they went as far as adding the Japanese roms of all 6 games on the latest patch.
That's neat. Maybe it's finally time for me to buy it.

RM8

No N-Gage version? Man, I would have loved this on my N-Gage.

No but really, day one on PC! This is missing The Little Mermaid, though, that game was pretty great.

Mugy

I personally wanted to see a proper Ducktales Remastered HD treatment for those games. But good thing overall. Co-op Chip n' Dale was BANANS!

Top Bottom